SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2015, 07:28 PM
Find More Posts by canadabear07
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Discussion
Blurry Fatshark

Hello, When I have the goggles on It looks a little blurry and I can't really make out houses or anything. But if I pull the goggles away from my eyes just a tiny bit or stick the bottom rubber pieces under my eyes so theirs a little more space I can see just fine. Am I wearing them wrong or what?
canadabear07 is offline Find More Posts by canadabear07
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2015, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by Granted
serial scratchbuilder
Canada, BC, Mission
Joined Sep 2012
1,672 Posts
Sounds like you need the diopter lens inserts if your goggles can use them.
http://www.fatshark.com/product/1751.html
Granted is online now Find More Posts by Granted
Old Apr 04, 2015, 09:55 PM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,527 Posts
The Fatshark ( Diopter Lens won't help you?) If your farsighted ?
Question , do you use eye glasses to read fine print? If so you will have to make your own ( Diopter Lens !) For years we who use eyeglasses to read have asked FatShark to make lens for us! I have never heard back from them !!!
FatShark sell ( - lens for nearsighted people ,, most of us who are farsighted need ,,( + lens )
Do a search ,, many post on how to make your own!
DanT
DanT is online now Find More Posts by DanT
Old Apr 05, 2015, 11:51 AM
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
The Fatshark ( Diopter Lens won't help you?) If your farsighted ?
Question , do you use eye glasses to read fine print? If so you will have to make your own ( Diopter Lens !) For years we who use eyeglasses to read have asked FatShark to make lens for us! I have never heard back from them !!!
FatShark sell ( - lens for nearsighted people ,, most of us who are farsighted need ,,( + lens )
Do a search ,, many post on how to make your own!
DanT
No I don't wear any type of glasses for anything and have never had any problems with my eyes.
Old Apr 05, 2015, 06:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
SO does anyone know what's wrong?
Old Apr 05, 2015, 07:08 PM
Find More Posts by Dave H.
Joined Feb 2008
2,917 Posts
You might try having some other people try them on. That will help you determine whether it's the goggles or the eyes.
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Apr 05, 2015, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by tomcor
Battery Powered==(*)==
Mesquite, Nevada
Joined Jan 2002
526 Posts
How about the focus adjustment on the FPV camera lens?
tomcor is offline Find More Posts by tomcor
Old Apr 06, 2015, 12:37 AM
Find More Posts by GRIMX
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Nov 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcor View Post
How about the focus adjustment on the FPV camera lens?
I had the same problem when I first started doing FPV, Fatshart Predator V2, the view was very blurry, I adjusted the focus on the fpv camera but it made a very slight difference. I tried the Diopter Lens but no luck.

Then one day I had a great idea, I had an extra pair of broken reading glasses laying around, I removed the lens trimmed them to fit the Fatshark, and vision is 100% clear
GRIMX is online now Find More Posts by GRIMX
Old Apr 06, 2015, 02:16 AM
Find More Posts by Ira NZ
Bombs away! Err...landing
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Joined Apr 2006
2,691 Posts
My goggles(Attitude V2s) came with a little nosepiece that looks like it would be perfect for spacing them out.

I can't figure out how I'm supposed to attach them though, and no mention anywhere of it, so I have no idea where the nosepiece came from. I plan on just putting a bit of foam on it to space it out a tiny bit.
Ira NZ is offline Find More Posts by Ira NZ
Old Apr 06, 2015, 03:14 PM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadabear07 View Post
SO does anyone know what's wrong?
Well ,, one thing it could be?
You might be thinking that FPV goggles or camera should look like your HD TV?
It doesn't..!!
Next,, you don't say what,,, model of FatShark goggles you have?
There are big difference between model of goggles.
Like ,, more lines in optics will give you a better picture and so does a ,, good camera!
If your using Teleports goggles they have very little number of lines in optics!
More lines you have,, the better the video.
So? what model of fatshark goggles do you have and what camera are you using with them?
These two things can help make video better,, but it will not look like a HD picture!
DanT
Last edited by DanT; Apr 06, 2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old Apr 06, 2015, 07:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanT View Post
Well ,, one thing it could be?
You might be thinking that FPV goggles or camera should look like your HD TV?
It doesn't..!!
Next,, you don't say what,,, model of FatShark goggles you have?
There are big difference between model of goggles.
Like ,, more lines in optics will give you a better picture and so does a ,, good camera!
If your using Teleports goggles they have very little number of lines in optics!
More lines you have,, the better the video.
So? what model of fatshark goggles do you have and what camera are you using with them?
These two things can help make video better,, but it will not look like a HD picture!
DanT
Teleporter v3 with the included fpv cam. I understand it will not be HD. Like I said with them just flat against my face the screen is blurry and hard to make out anything. As soon as I pull them away form my face not even half an inch or tuck the bottom of the eye piece under my eyes so that it makes a tiny bit more room, everything instantly goes clear and works great.
Old Apr 06, 2015, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Madhampster
Canada, ON, London
Joined Mar 2013
489 Posts
If you move them away from your eyes a little and they get clearer then I dont think it is your camera. Have you had your eyes tested lately. Just because you have never worn glasses doesnt mean you dont need a reading correction. I need reading glasses and I ordered the ones that fatshark makes and they did the trick.
Madhampster is offline Find More Posts by Madhampster
Old Apr 06, 2015, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by T Breezie
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Mar 2014
29 Posts
You are not alone..

I recently purchased the same kit, and quickly noticed the same issue.. I also do not require prescription eyeglasses, never had any vision problems of any kind. I realize that these are considered to be "budget" goggles, but I don't believe the issue is caused by the quality of the device.. When the goggles are tight against my face, the blur happens.. But pulling the goggles away from my face just slightly, seems to clear the image right up. I've found that by loosening the strap a bit seems to help, no idea why.. Maybe this could be a sign that I need to line up a trip to visit the optometrist in the near future. ;-)
T Breezie is offline Find More Posts by T Breezie
Last edited by T Breezie; Apr 06, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2015, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by DanT
United States, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,527 Posts
One other thing It might be,, is Fog ?
Very common for optic to Fog up when wearing them.
Other then that? My money is on you need glasses...
DanT
Old Apr 07, 2015, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Breezie View Post
I recently purchased the same kit, and quickly noticed the same issue.. I also do not require prescription eyeglasses, never had any vision problems of any kind. I realize that these are considered to be "budget" goggles, but I don't believe the issue is caused by the quality of the device.. When the goggles are tight against my face, the blur happens.. But pulling the goggles away from my face just slightly, seems to clear the image right up. I've found that by loosening the strap a bit seems to help, no idea why.. Maybe this could be a sign that I need to line up a trip to visit the optometrist in the near future. ;-)
This is what happens when the IPD doesn't match your eyes. You can find certain positions where your eyes can focus into both lenses ok, but it will never work with your eyes in the proper spot. IMO, the only real "final" solution to this is to get glasses with adjustable IPD or use a screen. I had to get the Dominator with adjustable IPD to "fix" this.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501