HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2015, 01:18 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
Discussion
Blade smokes rest again with new 3 D bird !!

There in now another 3 D bird from Blade. IU Quad with positive and negative pitch. Nano QX 3D. Yes a Quad but can fly inverted. $99.95 bnf/ $129.95 RTF. Uses batteries like Mcp-X V2. Three modes and including IU.
This out classes the cheapie clone market hands down. Blade does it again. I bet not to long Walkera might be next to do this. Clones maybe couple years. They don't make anything on their own, just takes someone else R&D. Brovo and reasonable 3 D quad...>oh ..my.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2009
255 Posts
a fp "3d" quad like that is a bit of a joke. Yes it can fly inverted but due to the intera of the blades and motors it will never come close to the flight envelope of a cp heli
IM back! is online now Find More Posts by IM back!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 03:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
Never said it would but it can fly inverted. Simple no likely no buyie.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 04:23 PM
United States, OH, Columbus
Joined Dec 2014
64 Posts
I saw this yesterday and am actually looking forward to it (and that's saying a lot cause I have a big personal issue with Blade) but I don't understand how it works. Do the motors change directions or the props are the only difference (well props and the programming) cause it's definitely not making pitch adjustments...

Can you put the props on something else and that will fly upsid down too (assuming the FW is custom and will allow it)?
Cereal_Killer is online now Find More Posts by Cereal_Killer
Old Feb 21, 2015, 05:40 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Never said it would but it can fly inverted. Simple no likely no buyie.
I think I buy.....saw the video.....motors reverse direction....props are equally good right- side up or inverted....three modes to fly.....another winner by Blade....pushing the envelope once again...... HeliDirect has it too and they use good shipping carrier.... For a Blade product, 99 usd is awfully good....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Last edited by ChespiIker; Feb 21, 2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 09:28 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
It can use same battery as Mcp-X V2. I have a new Mcp-X with those same batteries. I use a bigger battery for heli. Also the V922 battery will work and its 250 ma. USA is under a week for me and its free shipping. I may not go for it as so many smaller helis c/p.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 08:39 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
1,120 Posts
Finally could upload the two videos at HH about the new product by Blade....definitely a fine product that many will like and buy....like the leds....I do a lot of night flying with helis....450 size...and the BL micro by Helimax with led lights in blades....
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:19 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
Blade MQX and Walkera Ladybird V1 started quad craze. Toy makes came lader and made copies. some ok others not. Now Blade again comes out with 3 D micro Quad and good price. Blade was also first with sub 100 sized c/p. Nano CP-X/ then added PNP bl kit. Does anybody have eyes to see that R&D can produce some nice items ? ? Walkera had double bl micro 100's FBL helis five/ six years ago. I expect new Nano QX 3 D to do pretty well. 180 CF-X will become best sub 250 c/p on market.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:52 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Feb 2013
516 Posts
Think I'll be adding it to my hangar! $150 BNF here in Oz.

I'd love the 180CF-X too but it's $380AUD
Zaphod69 is online now Find More Posts by Zaphod69
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:06 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
The QX 3D looks cool also the way they did the props. Thats why Hobby grade stuff is more expensive R&D plus cost start up to make Different birds.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 02:21 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
Tring not to go to local hobby shop as they might have these. good thing i don't need anything there ...wheee!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 02:29 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,471 Posts
so do you actually have to "inverse" the controls too (like with a "normal" heli) or is this thing like the heli they once had where you can go inverted, but the control input stays the same ... (if that was the case, it would be pretty pointless ... )
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: and again ...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 03:36 PM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,388 Posts
Regarding the controls, apparently it depends on which flight mode is chosen.
Stability and Evo mode the controls remain the same, but in 3D mode it becomes more like a cp heli.

This is an excerpt from the product page...

3D Agility Mode
A true 3D flying experience that offers full-range maneuverability with no self-leveling assistance. When flying upright in this mode, 0–50% throttle is negative thrust and 51–100% is positive thrust.
mono is online now Find More Posts by mono
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:39 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,073 Posts
It has IU like a c/p heli does from what i undestand. I don't have one so I can not say. I do not see this offered in any other micro quad.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:22 AM
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,388 Posts
Downloaded the manual and there seems to be a discrepancy in how it describes the flight modes compared to the product page info.
The three modes on the product page....
Stability Mode
Pitch and roll limits are locked to offer a limited flight envelope while electronic self-leveling offers positive stability the instant you release the sticks. You can also flip 360 in any direction at the press of a button.
EVO Mode
Evolve your flight routine at the press of a button with the ability to flip 180-degrees from upright to inverted and back again with ease. The flight controls stay the same, regardless of orientation. Self-leveling and flight envelope limits are maintained.
3D Agility Mode
A true 3D flying experience that offers full-range maneuverability with no self-leveling assistance. When flying upright in this mode, 050% throttle is negative thrust and 51100% is positive thrust.

The three modes as described in the manual...
Beginner Mode (switch position 0).
Release the control sticks to neutral and the quadcopter will level itself.

Intermediate Mode (switch position 1).
Release the control sticks to neutral and the quadcopter will level itself.

Evo Mode (switch position 2). Only switch to this mode before takeoff. If switched to this mode in flight, the quadcopter will only operate with switch position 1 options.

I thought I could be missing the obvious somewhere, but the second vid on the product page describes the modes exactly as it says on that page, i.e. Evo mode is the middle mode, pos 1 on 3 pos switch (0-1-2).
So I don't yet know what's going on with the description and setup procedure in the manual.

Dan...
what you said about I.U. seems right as it has dual rates allocated to a switch.
mono is online now Find More Posts by mono