HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Feb 2013
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullVoxPopuli View Post
So, I can't fly right now, cause It's winter. But! I've been playing with my quad and taking pictures. haha so sad :-(

Album! http://imgur.com/a/biaEA

Pretty pictures. Crafty build. Sleek.

I can't recall what my WQ weighs. I'll have to check it again.

Have you given 6045 props a try?
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM
Team WarpSquad
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Jul 2014
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
NullVoxPopuli,
What is that green in the back ground of your WQ pictures?
Haven't seen anything like that here.
It's a yoga mat. I don't really have a lot of indoor surfaces that are simple to contrast the WQ. The green kinda looks weird. haha
NullVoxPopuli is online now Find More Posts by NullVoxPopuli
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jul 2014
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EArHog View Post
Pretty pictures. Crafty build. Sleek.

I can't recall what my WQ weighs. I'll have to check it again.

Have you given 6045 props a try?
Thanks! :-)

I have not given them a try, but Next time I order props, I'll probably get a bunch of 6x4.5s - I'm almost out of 6x3 anyway. I have been craving a bit more power in my loops and suicides. It would also mean I don't need to tune the quad myself, cause everyone else is using 6x4.5 props. :-)

I originally decided to go with 6x3 for the efficiency of the SS motors. I think the max current draw is something like 10.5 amps at full throttle? pretty slick. But I crave power, and KISS ESCs can handle more than 18amps of burst current. :-)
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Feb 2013
4,486 Posts
My WQ1 (stock original March 2014 build) at weighs in at 217. I was surprised when the MotoWarp came in at a hefty 222. Then I remembered that I put Cobra motors on the MWQ, and they're just a bit chunkier than the Sunnies.

So I'm in the ballpark where I'm supposed to be. That all I needs to know.

Tomorrow's Wx calls for freezing rain, then sleet, then 3 to 7 inches of snow. And then it gets cold, badass cold. I've gone from being tired of winter to being downright sick of it!
EArHog is offline Find More Posts by EArHog
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jul 2014
64 Posts
Quote:
My WQ1 (stock original March 2014 build) at weighs in at 217. I was surprised when the MotoWarp came in at a hefty 222. Then I remembered that I put Cobra motors on the MWQ, and they're just a bit chunkier than the Sunnies.

So I'm in the ballpark where I'm supposed to be. That all I needs to know.

Tomorrow's Wx calls for freezing rain, then sleet, then 3 to 7 inches of snow. And then it gets cold, badass cold. I've gone from being tired of winter to being downright sick of it!
Yeah, I'm having flying withdrawals. lol
Old Today, 12:30 AM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Australia, VIC, Eurobin
Joined Jul 2014
402 Posts
Quote:
Well it's not all sunshine and beaches in OZ, I'm 300km from the nearest beach.
Since November 2014 there has only been a handful of days with wind less than
5kph, the wind just does not let up . Its windy again today, but now we have
smoke from the DSE/Forestry burning off the Mtn top 5km away.
Too hot and windy ain't a lot of fun either, I hpoe they turn off the Big Fan soon
Too Many Toys is offline Find More Posts by Too Many Toys
Old Today, 02:43 AM
WarpSquad: practice, practice!
Côte d'Ivoire
Joined Jun 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
It's a yoga mat. I don't really have a lot of indoor surfaces that are simple to contrast the WQ. The green kinda looks weird. haha
LOL, NVP! Great way to combine two of my biggest passions. I've found that flying my Warpquad is as satisfying and calming as my yoga practice. Might as well do it with a yoga mat.

Quote:
Dang, EArHog! That outdoor weather sounds truly unpleasant. How's your indoor flying coming along? Did you revive that Nano QX and stick some FPV gear on it?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
Well it's not all sunshine and beaches in OZ, I'm 300km from the nearest beach.
Too hot and windy ain't a lot of fun either, I hpoe they turn off the Big Fan soon
That wind sounds just like here in Africa, TMT. Minus the forest fire. Plus Harmattan dust cloud. At least the higher temps don't hurt LiPo performance.
Brainstorm is online now Find More Posts by Brainstorm
Old Today, 03:29 AM
Team Thunder Power JC
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Dec 2014
225 Posts
Best HQ Prop Sales in the USA??

I am in shock going through $40 in props in just 3 weeks..

My goodness me. I have ordered from MASSIVERC and they look pretty good.

Anyone have a better outfit to buy from?
jg7racer is offline Find More Posts by jg7racer
Old Today, 04:22 AM
:)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Sep 2012
3,797 Posts
Quote:
So, I can't fly right now, cause It's winter. But! I've been playing with my quad and taking pictures. haha so sad :-(

Album! http://imgur.com/a/biaEA
Nice neat build and pics mate. I was craving a shot of the underside to see the KISS

Quote:
Ahh man! That sounds bad. I hope that's the last blast and then you thaw out.

We have that with heat here. Kinda lulls us a bit thinking its getting cooler then bam, February heat wave. After that though its pretty reliably cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg7racer View Post
I am in shock going through $40 in props in just 3 weeks..

My goodness me. I have ordered from MASSIVERC and they look pretty good.

Anyone have a better outfit to buy from?
That's good mate. At least it means your out there and flying.

MO (Massive Overkill - owner) is a great guy. He's been here for ages and always gives a lot back to the community, so that's a good place to send your money.
Soma is offline Find More Posts by Soma
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 06:57 AM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jul 2014
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Nice neat build and pics mate. I was craving a shot of the underside to see the KISS

that can happen. :-)
I'd like to do that by flying it at sunset, so the LEDs seem a little brighter. Next week is supposed to be mostly above freezing, so maybe it'll be safe to try then :-)
Old Today, 07:46 AM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
4,704 Posts
Quote:
Oh dear....I thought that was an outdoor picture and you had grass in the backyard!
Quote:
Same weather here. Currently its raining on top of 2 inches of sleet/ice then getting cold tonight and snow all day tomorrow. Already just feel like staying in bed.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Today, 07:58 AM
Team WarpSquad
Joined Jul 2014
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
LOL, NVP! Great way to combine two of my biggest passions. I've found that flying my Warpquad is as satisfying and calming as my yoga practice. Might as well do it with a yoga mat.

I really like yoga. I've been way too busy recently to get back into it though.
Life is pretty hectic until mid June for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
Oh dear....I thought that was an outdoor picture and you had grass in the backyard!

Same weather here. Currently its raining on top of 2 inches of sleet/ice then getting cold tonight and snow all day tomorrow. Already just feel like staying in bed.
That would be some pretty funky grass. haha :-)

Also, I don't know how near we all live near eachother, but I keep imagining that during the first nice day we have, there is going to be a swarm of warp quads ascending into the sky! :-)