Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 16, 2010, 02:56 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
I love flying mine in 5-10 breezes, but nothing higher. Hovering is much easier with a 10mph headwind!

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:01 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
I hate rain!!!

Got my new motor and just got the ESC soldered to it as it started to pee down
Rain stopped about 5 minutes after it was too dark to fly safely
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:23 AM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
Wooo Hooooo

DO NOT TELL MY BOSS!!!

no rain today just a breeze so I just bunked off of half an hour and popped up to the local field. Got there to find that the breeze was actually a 10 to 12 mph wind. Oh well, battery in and off we go. First launch resulted in a half roll to the left and a dive so the model bounced off of it’s nose and flipped over with no damage. Less throttle and launch 2, nose dipped and she rolled a bit but I got her away whoo hoo, my little 12” midget flies pretty good!! I say pretty good because she does have a few bad habits and I had to move the C of G forwards because she tried to ‘bite’ me a few times but she looked pretty damm good in the air (apart from being yellow)!! Need to try different props and get the C of G spot on but she is defiantly a flier at 12”, 85 Grams and with a 5 Gram motor.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:01 AM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Congrats Paul!

Pat
Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:13 AM
Seminole, FL
Joined Jun 2009
20 Posts
I don't know how long this link will stay up, but it may give some ideas of what to try while boring holes in the sky:

http://www.militarytimes.com/multime...0080714_rc_f22

The RC F-22 performance is eerily similar ... ya gotta love a good plan.
pnp77777 is offline Find More Posts by pnp77777
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:19 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
Ready 2 paint.

Finally got to put a couple (5) flights on my new Baby today. Still too windy but dry so I went for it. I have now got the prop, C of G and throws about right and only lost orientation once (vertical into the deck with no damage ) so I am ready to start putting some colour on. I got a top tip today that a local wallpaper dealer has full sized sheets (125 cm X 80 cm) in 3 and 6 mm at a really good price. The 'full sized' is on the way .
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:53 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,056 Posts
Livery.

Looking for a colour scheme for my Baby and I have decided to paint her to look like a Springbock.

'cos then she will be dressed up for a TIGER MEAT

Old Aug 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,960 Posts
u mean tiger meet don't you ?

Mike
empeabee is online now Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Aug 28, 2010, 01:04 PM
Jee
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for the plans.
I have build the plane, just waiting for my hobbyking equipment now.. can't wait to see it fly.

(Second plane on the picture is the Hobbyking Mini Swift - the only plane i have flown so far.)

It's my second attempt at a depron build (and I managed to fail a little: the holes in the middle are all too wide) but i hope it will fly anyway.

I plan on painting it red (after an initial flighttest) with a waterbased spraypaint (already tested it on a bit of depron, seems fine).

Greetings from germany and thanks again - enjoy your planes everyone!
Jee is offline Find More Posts by Jee
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:18 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for the plans.
I have build the plane, just waiting for my hobbyking equipment now.. can't wait to see it fly.

(Second plane on the picture is the Hobbyking Mini Swift - the only plane i have flown so far.)

It's my second attempt at a depron build (and I managed to fail a little: the holes in the middle are all too wide) but i hope it will fly anyway.

I plan on painting it red (after an initial flighttest) with a waterbased spraypaint (already tested it on a bit of depron, seems fine).

Greetings from germany and thanks again - enjoy your planes everyone!
Jee I can tell you without a word of doubt that they will both fly and fly well (those holes won't make any difference) You will not be dissapointed. What else can you do and have this much fun with 3 dollars worth of foam? Have fun. Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:21 PM
Jee
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
I just read the pdf instructions for the simmilar "18" WS 3mm Depron Profile F15" (great btw, now I have a much better idea how to mount the motor & servos) .. but i also noticed the F15 main body is cut into 3 pieces (I have cut the body of my F22 in one piece).

Is this just for shipping reasons?

Also I have now noticed the carbon fiber stabilizing rod.. (the f22 has one too in most pictures, didn't see that until now) can i just glue one on my otherwise already build plane?

If the 3 part build of the plane is important I could just build it again tomorrow (I'll have to wait a while for my electronics anyway..)

If it's fine in one piece, I'll build the f-15 tomorrow

Thanks in advance for tipps about this!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:26 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,146 Posts
Jee,

Yes, the multiple pieces are so that it fits into the shipping box. But those who hand cut their planes can do so in a single piece. The Mini-15 is the same, so you can cut the wing in one large piece.

There is also a build manual for the Mini-22 on my website (click on the link on the Mini-22 page):

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=180

You could try to add a CF spar to your built plane, but I think it would be best to just leave it off. If you wind up crashing this one and do another, you could add it to that one.

Pat
Old Aug 28, 2010, 10:37 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
Jee,

Yes, the multiple pieces are so that it fits into the shipping box. But those who hand cut their planes can do so in a single piece. The Mini-15 is the same, so you can cut the wing in one large piece.

There is also a build manual for the Mini-22 on my website (click on the link on the Mini-22 page):

http://www.nicohobbies.com/store/ind...roducts_id=180

You could try to add a CF spar to your built plane, but I think it would be best to just leave it off. If you wind up crashing this one and do another, you could add it to that one.

Pat
It's a simple addition to your wing. Run the CF along the forward edge of the prop opening and glue into place (I used GWS glue because I had lots of it). Marty
Last edited by martys; Aug 29, 2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:54 AM
Jee
Germany, BW, Ulm
Joined Jun 2010
46 Posts
Thank you both

I'll be back... with a video of the maiden (just have to wait for the HK order).

JP
Old Aug 29, 2010, 08:42 PM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Thank you both

I'll be back... with a video of the maiden (just have to wait for the HK order).

JP
Anything yet Jee? Marty