HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2013, 07:52 PM
Joined Sep 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
I think you need to move the batteries on the Geico. I'm thinking a little forward??
Not entirely sure as my packs are really heavy and up next to the motor. Actually, looking through that smoked lid I see they are next to your motor. Probably around the same position as mine, but, mine are much heavier and may be the difference.

Someone who has one may know better than me, I'm just guessing.

The mono??? I have no idea, cut down the power? lol

I'd be adding some weight to try and keep it down.
I had the geico at 37mph today on 4s. Octura x642 I think. I have the batteries moved far up. Hard cases. I tried a bunch of different prop heights and angles. No difference. You think an offset rudder will help? ive read yes and no. I did add some weight to the front and it help but slowed the boat down. I really font want to sand on a brand new boat and I have no idea where to get matching paint color. .

The shockwave I toned back down today because its no fun to drive when it keeps flipping. I think im going to order some better quality hardware for the back of it. Maybe taking the slack out and adding better turn fins and stabilizers and an adjustable strut may help. If not I can strip the hull and transfer all the stuff to a better hull, put the shockwave back stock and sell it cheap.
kfxguy is offline Find More Posts by kfxguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2013, 11:44 PM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Hmmmmmm.

Well, when I setup my boat all I did for the strut was ensure that the prop shaft was inline with the bottom of the sponsons....I may still have that pic.

Then I just added my batteries with enough velcro to enable me to move them forward or back. I guess I must have hit perfectly for the balance point.

Perhaps try a 3 bladed prop??

I understand that due to 2 blades being in the water at all times it has more consistent bite.
I know others may disagree, but, 2 blades tells me this......at probably only 50% of the time yu have a blade in the water and when it leave the water to change blades it loses that bite and the nose drops. I don't really know if this is correct, but, that's how I think about it and prefer 3 blades over 2.
I also think a 2 bladed prop slips more due to less water contact. Try a Grimracer 40 x 52 or an Octura X437/3.

I ran my boat on the Octura X437/3 for it's first run and also on the next few runs before going to the Leopard motor and the X440/3.

As for your Shockwave, try adding some weight near the rear. Can only try.

Here's that pic of my strut setup.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks
Old Oct 07, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Sep 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyrocks View Post
Hmmmmmm.

Well, when I setup my boat all I did for the strut was ensure that the prop shaft was inline with the bottom of the sponsons....I may still have that pic.

Then I just added my batteries with enough velcro to enable me to move them forward or back. I guess I must have hit perfectly for the balance point.

Perhaps try a 3 bladed prop??

I understand that due to 2 blades being in the water at all times it has more consistent bite.
I know others may disagree, but, 2 blades tells me this......at probably only 50% of the time yu have a blade in the water and when it leave the water to change blades it loses that bite and the nose drops. I don't really know if this is correct, but, that's how I think about it and prefer 3 blades over 2.
I also think a 2 bladed prop slips more due to less water contact. Try a Grimracer 40 x 52 or an Octura X437/3.

I ran my boat on the Octura X437/3 for it's first run and also on the next few runs before going to the Leopard motor and the X440/3.

As for your Shockwave, try adding some weight near the rear. Can only try.

Here's that pic of my strut setup.
Thx. So does your bounce like mine does?
kfxguy is offline Find More Posts by kfxguy
Old Oct 12, 2013, 09:49 AM
Australia, VIC, Blackburn North
Joined Feb 2011
825 Posts
Not at all.

Check out my videos. They've been posted around a bit. Both 4S config and 6S.
mozzyrocks is offline Find More Posts by mozzyrocks