HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:07 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Please Help. Wiring a remote control Mower.

Hi all,

This is a great forum and I am glad I found it!
I am working on a 4wd remote control mower build. Here is what I have:
20 hp electric start briggs gas engine
DX5E controller
2 battle switches
sabertooth 2x60 motor controller
2 x wheel chair motors

This is the second remote mower project, the first one turned out great but it did not have electric start or electric deck adjustment. I need help figuring out how to wire the starter to start the gas engine via the remote. I also need help wiring an electric screw jack to be able to adjust the deck height up and down via the remote control. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

real57vetteguy is offline Find More Posts by real57vetteguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:25 PM
Team of ONE....or...Team Me
Reno, Nevada
Joined Oct 2006
784 Posts
Skid steering...yikes, I am glad this will not be cutting my lawn.
Anyways, you could use a servo to engage the starter button when the remote button is pushed.
And as far as the deck lift, just thinking really quick like: solid mount your jack screw and then use a rotating nut to spin up or down to lower or lift the deck, the rotating nut would be fixed to the deck itself. The rotating nut would be similar to some CNC machines that use fixed lead screws.
Good luck
DeadTom is offline Find More Posts by DeadTom
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:03 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
re

Here is a video of it in action and the progress so far!

real57vetteguy is offline Find More Posts by real57vetteguy