HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
43 Posts
Discussion
ESC not working

Hi folks,

I think that one of my turnigy esc plush 25A is not working.
The esc is new, i only tested it once and it worked fine, but now i don't get any beeps from the motor it is connected to and i have 0 volts on the bec (in my other esc i have 5V).

I've tested it with other motors and the problem persists (the motors are all ok).
I've also checked all the connections and they seem to be ok (i'm using bullet connectors).

The low voltage cutoff function of this esc is activated for 3.3v or less but i'm using a fully charged 3S battery (~ 12.4 volts).

Any ideas of what is going on?
electricpic is offline Find More Posts by electricpic
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:29 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,723 Posts
Disconnect leads to motor and try again without them connected. Same result?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:57 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,439 Posts
If your voltage measurement is correct, either your BEC is not working, or it's connection to the receiver is bad (or your ESC doesn't have a BEC). If that's the case, your receiver is not getting any power, so the ESC can't initialise and make its beeps -- and your servos won't be working either.

If you've got a standard NiMh receiver battery, you could power your receiver using that, and see if the ESC works then. To be sure it's not the throttle channel on the receiver that's faulty, using the receiver battery, plug any servo into the throttle channel and see if it responds to throttle stick movement.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
43 Posts
I've figured out that the problem was on the gnd connection.
I recheck all the connections again and in the process of doing it sometimes i had a voltage signal sometimes i only had 0 volts.
It turned out to be just a not well soldered bullet connector.
I just had to solder the connector again.

Thanks for your help anyway.
electricpic is offline Find More Posts by electricpic