USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
bbly,

Picked my youngest up from school.
Ran a couple of errands for my wife.
Noticed the lack of wind. aka: Dead Calm!
Two stop lights and one mile later, my EQQ was in the air.
She really has some moves with 150% servo throws.

Jel,

I'm flying 10 min on the Hyp 550s and still not replacing 80%.
The Hyp 320s are giving me 5~6 min super light flights.
Perfect batt for touch-n-go work from a small field.

Will be test flying lightened T.P.s next.
Do you think there will be a demand for lightened T.P. (3S) 325 65C w/JST-XH taps?

rc
Think I might be interested in both those options. :-)
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
dx8 download setup

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/DX8_Setups.pdf

not sure if this was posted already
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:31 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman74 View Post
I used a mini vise grip to get mine off
The double entendre' of this was just to much to pass up

I'm in to process of resizing images of my ESC relocation that I'll upload either tonight or tomorrow. I moved the ESC into the huge open area under the battery tray. I've seen many people talk about it but no one has posted pics. I also added a cool air intake where the normal one would be on a full scale Edge, right below the motor.

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
A

But step 7 says plug in battery then says short out the bind pins.
7. Connect the fl ight battery to the aircraft. Short the pins until
the receiver LED begins to fl ash rapidly (typically after 5
seconds).
And back in step 5 says put transmitter in bind mode (which I took to mean turn it on with bind button held in)
5. Put your transmitter into bind mode. Refer to your transmitter’s
manual for binding button or switch instructions.

I found that I had to short pins first, plug in plane battery, then put transmitter in bind mode.

It just seemed confusing to me at first anyway.
Right..really confusing and many things in the manual should have to improve too !
Pictures don't fit, lipo has velco on the wrong side...a.s.o
My daily work is to create/write manuals and make CE for aeroplane MRO toolings..in my opinion the best manual is/was the UMX Beast manual !
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,239 Posts
Quote:
righty tighty, lefty loosey - small crescent wrench or pliers (or box end wrench or socket if you want to do it right) - rotate nut counterclockwise while holding prop. Mine was no problem to remove.
I was trying counterclockwise while holding prop... it is pretty stuck.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-fly View Post
Why no bind plug? We have to resort to paper clips and such, it's hard to hold the trainer switch, turn on TX, and hold something to short the pins all at the same time.
Yes!!!!+ 1000 !!! Why NOT a bind plug????
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
I'm in to process of resizing images of my ESC relocation that I'll upload either tonight or tomorrow. I moved the ESC into the huge open area under the battery tray. I've seen many people talk about it but no one has posted pics. I also added a cool air intake where the normal one would be on a full scale Edge, right below the motor.

-Brian
YES

Thank you!

I requested pics a couple times--in past 2 weeks.

Also
anyone find a suitable replacement tail wheel ?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:35 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,082 Posts
Dave and rest of HH boys you reading/hearing all this STUFF????
Cause other than the QC issues with this plane,,,, IMHO ,, this plane a HUGE, HUGE hit!!!!!!
Sad to see that HH having these issues as I'm a HUGE HH fan
Last edited by Airman74; Dec 03, 2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Addition
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:41 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,082 Posts
Quote:
Cause other than the QC issues with this plane,,,, IMHO ,, this plane a HUGE, HUGE hit!!!!!!
OR,,,,,,, has HH made sooooooo much money now that they just don't care much more anymore. I certainly hope not!!!!
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
for those of you having troubles binding the rx, there is no need to use hemostats, paperclips etc to grab each pin separately in the rx. just use a small flat head screwdriver, knife tip, small file, or just jam in a piece of aluminum foil for hands free etc. to just bridge the gap. it is much easier to align 1 surface to 2 pins vs trying to align 2 pins against 2 pins
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:47 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,453 Posts
I find it somewhat funny that people are complaining about the fact that the receiver doesn't come with a bind plug. It's based on the good old AR6300, which is about 7 years old (precursor to the AR6400 serie). I liked that concept then, because I could never find my binding plugs when I needed them, so being able to short those two pins with pretty much anything from my tool box was truly welcome. Nobody really complained about it either then. But now, with the receivers being so cheap (add clones to the equation), everybody has LOTS of binding plugs. On top of that, you have the AR6400 that do not need binding plugs. Time have changed for sure!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:49 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,317 Posts
Quote:
+1 other than the minor "kinks" that need ironed out.. the plane is truly a HUGE hit.

It has made its home next to my others on the "favorite" shelf with my 30cc MXS-R and my GP giant scale Sukhoi, along with a Beast 3D, and recently a MQX .
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:54 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
I find it somewhat funny that people are complaining about the fact that the receiver doesn't come with a bind plug. It's based on the good old AR6300, which is about 7 years old (precursor to the AR6400 serie). I liked that concept then, because I could never find my binding plugs when I needed them, so being able to short those two pins with pretty much anything from my tool box was truly welcome. Nobody really complained about it either then. But now, with the receivers being so cheap (add clones to the equation), everybody has LOTS of binding plugs. On top of that, you have the AR6400 that do not need binding plugs. Time have changed for sure!
well I was not complaining. and I was never familiar with the AR6300. I just recently changed over to 2.4 this past season, started with a JR 11X and then upgraded (thats right I said upgraded) to a Spektrum DX18.

being that the pins need shorted before applying Rx power, and the Rx is on the belly of the plane, and battery on the top of the nose... does require a lil more than just a simple shorting with a screwdriver. You need to have the pins shorted while applying power, and in this cumbersome reach around, its just nice , I already carry hemostats in my flight boxes.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:54 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,186 Posts
It's a good thing it flies great because those "minor kinks" are keeping many people from flying for over a week, myself included.

As I said Q designed an awesome little plane, sadly poor motor quality, stripped servos, rx problems, and the absolutely terrible fit and finish are starting to over shadow the planes flying abilities......at least for me.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Nov 2012
388 Posts
Quote:
The Edge flies nothing at all like the Beast or Sbach. They are completely different animals. The little um's, maybe more so the sbach, rely on the prop for most of their abilities. The wings just stabilize them. They don't glide, they just fly well under power. The Edge flies on the wing, the prop just provides the pull. It's hard to explain how much difference there is between them. The edge flies much more like how my balsa 3d or aerobatic planes do than the um planes.
i wish HH would put in a slightly more powerful setup in the su26xp. same size as the beast but half the weight. the su26xp is a real floater, just needs more power
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman