Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:50 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,606 Posts
yes, id like to book a room at falcon5's sweets and sims....
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2014, 01:13 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,927 Posts
You need another computer networked with it so you can play head to head air combat. I used to do that with A-10 Cuba over modem back in the late 90s, but now there's no IPX protocol support in Windows 7.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:41 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
OK wingman FINALY after getting all moved in I started full swing on the A-10 sim. I picked up the three 50" HD TV's this afternoon and the beast of a computer that will run the operation arrived the other day. On track to be done I say in three weeks.

Git er done!!!
Sweet setup Andy. What video cards/s do you have in the beast?
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Jul 30, 2014, 04:52 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,544 Posts
Hi Reco,

Got the G Force 770 with the 4G memory option and 16G of memory on the computer.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:32 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,340 Posts
Nice! Thats a great card. I only use GeForce best cards out there.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Today, 01:25 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,606 Posts
Just a update on the talon guys...many of you know that I was on disability for 4 months..When I got back to work I thought we'd be fine..but bills and debts started catching up to us...and I decided to sell the t38. I promised myself I would never sell it..but sometimes things happen in life beyond our control that cause us to make choices we wouldn't normally have to make. After flying it at la jets...I had it so dialed...The model has been problem free for over 15 flights...and nd flying it was a thrill every flight. When I got home I decided that financial stability was more important than 5 minutes of pure rc bliss every few months or so. The model has been sold to my good friend tony..aka xplaneguy...I told him I'd give him first cracked at it if I ever sold it..not thinking I ever would lol. Tony was nice enough to give me the option to buy back though I'm not sure that will ever happen sadly. I will say that it was a he'll of a ride...by far the pinnacle of my rc efforts. Not sure I'll ever build anything that awesome again. The t38 ' s forged a friendship between andy and I that money can't buy...so many people helped with the project along the way...I loved watching it fly..and seeing people react to its awesomeness...I loved taking it to events where turbine guys minds were blown..it was a awesome trip...now she belongs to my good friend tony..and I know he'll take care of it like I did...maybe even better so thank you everybody for enjoying the journey with andy and I..it was freakin awesome...wasn't it?
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Today, 01:40 AM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,256 Posts
Well at least its Tony! It WILL have a safe and happy home. Now start on that Starfighter!
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Today, 07:53 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,499 Posts
Wow Brent !!

A sad yet awesome post all at the same time; sounds like you made a tough decision but it's definitely going to a good home with Tony.....I'm sure he'll take exceptional care of it. Out of curiosity, has he flown it yet?

I think the saga of the T-38's can be summed up as good friends, good stories, good times.....

With all the extra room you'll have, you can bring EVEN MORE planes to Vegas
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 08:00 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,938 Posts
Sad to see that but life is life. Maybe you and Andy build them again but this time 96" long with the new Jetfan 120's. That size would still be super impressive in flight yet be more manageable to transport and assemble.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer