Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:55 AM
Serge
Россия, Калужская область, город Калуга
Joined Jun 2011
643 Posts
And this is how all that fly. Video is raw straight from the camera. You can fix it with redactor and it is going to be just neat but the aim is to show what the filming plane is like.

village (3 min 33 sec)
ua3xds is offline Find More Posts by ua3xds
Last edited by ua3xds; Jun 26, 2014 at 01:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:07 AM
uc1
Joined Sep 2013
2,248 Posts
Our experiments showed that this plane can good controlled not only in the air!

korch (0 min 32 sec)

DSCN0086 (1 min 12 sec)

uc1 is offline Find More Posts by uc1
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Volokolamsk
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:55 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,947 Posts
Last night we went night flying at a local school football field.

One of the most enjoyable things to do with Albatross, Storm Chasers and Pelicans is to put LED lights on them and fly at night. This is not combat but we do fly as a group and it does bring the crowds. We have never had a negative response other than a couple of police officers stopping by to tell us they were getting UFO calls again. Most of the neighbors are used to us and some asked why we didn't do it more.

This design is very quiet and doesn't disturb the neighbors and even the wives likes to see them fly. this is one of the rare times you will hear a wife say, "you need to get one of those."
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:17 PM
uc1
Joined Sep 2013
2,248 Posts
We performed night flights 1 year ago. Many LED strips was glues on bixler. There are a few videos on my youtube channel .

Moreover on plane was system for activating fireworks.

Now I'm experimenting with powerful ultraviolet LED spotlights and fluorescent paint. LEDs emit directional light and position of the model is not always easy to understand.

offtop

rocket launch

Bixler rocket launch (0 min 29 sec)

Ability to carry a heavy load makes models from crashtesthobby more suitable for such tasks
uc1 is offline Find More Posts by uc1
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uc1; Jul 20, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:25 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,947 Posts
A few of us went night flying last night. We had a Storm Chaser, Albatross with danglies, Pelican, Dart and one of the wings.

Night fly 7-14 (4 min 36 sec)
Old Jul 30, 2014, 06:51 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,409 Posts
Yeah, that was fun, let's do it again.
jetpackninja is online now Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Today, 01:01 AM
treebasher
Australia, NSW, Glen Innes
Joined Jul 2014
7 Posts
Albatross downunder

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to chip in to say thanks to Lee at crash test hobbies for making such a great plane and backed up with top support! Had a few issues with getting airborne but with some help from Lee found that my 3s battery was bad and now fly's awesome with a new pack.

Since I have got this bird flying (about a month now) it has hit one tree, big light pole and a few nosedives with a total of two rubber bands broken!
Nearly 3 hours of flying time now which is ten times more than my other trainer in the same time which needed repairs after every flight.

Thanks again for such a great plane!
Shall get a video up as soon as I get some descent footage!
Gary
nosedivegary is offline Find More Posts by nosedivegary
Old Today, 06:31 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,947 Posts
Your plane looks great. How did you put color on your plane?