HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:39 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Which boats are you talkin about? if its the nqd, its available in the US, from
http://www.xenonproject.com/rc-boats...jet-p-291.html

And as anyone buying from china knows, you get em when you get em..IF..

California, $45.00

And there is a old saying, buy your second lawn mower first..its cheaper..
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:01 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Which boats are you talkin about? if its the nqd, its available in the US, from
http://www.xenonproject.com/rc-boats...jet-p-291.html

And as anyone buying from china knows, you get em when you get em..IF..

California, $45.00

And there is a old saying, buy your second lawn mower first..its cheaper..
and spares?
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
All over ebay..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:25 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Would be a great thing if parts were here too..biggest hitch in the deal now is that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:30 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Massive,
Spare stock drives and impellers are available cheaply with free shipping from Hong Kong on ebay. Don't know about the US but in Europe we get stuff from Hong Kong in 5 or 6 days. The original Tx and what passes for an Rx and servo in the stock boat are worse than useless and anybody who opens up the stock top to get inside will be replacing all the radio gear. It's almost impossible to part the top and bottom hull pieces so the spare for that would have to be the assembled hull. Don't know if NQD in mainland China would sell you bare assembled hulls. I doubt it.

People wanting to split the hull normally start with the superior two-piece hull made by SicRC in Australia.

Not trying to put you off. Just warning you what you would be letting yourself in for
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Last edited by madbugger; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:32 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,424 Posts
I can personally vouch for Romeo and his MassiveRC online store. He and his company take the attitude that they would like to be able to service us quicker, better, and more reliably than any offshore company. They seem to be enjoying the RC Hobby world with us, not just as salesman. They seem to be starting their business based on the needs and interests of many of us US customers. A small startup just recently begun around baby quadcopters. I made the inquiry to them about an expansion idea for them that would help me get rolling on a new RC sport of Jet Boats.

I will wait on my NQD Tear Apart order until I hear if MassiveRC can be my source. If they can figure out a way to provide watercooled brushless motors and ESC, that would be another super bonus to simplify the project for me.

I might try to stick with radio transmitters and receivers that I already own. Who doesn't have 5 or 6 transmitters laying around, probably with dead batteries rotting in them from dis-use?

Thanks Romeo for moving so quickly to ask this group if they would have any need of your service and connections with Chinese companies for parts and pieces to make this hobby easier and more fun.

I'll take 2 as soon as you can get them.

John in Merrill

PS Global warming notwithstanding, it is January in Wisconsin. I won't see open water for at least 3 months. But this is building season for us northern RC hobbyists.
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:38 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Any new players only make the game better, I'm thinkin..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:59 AM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Quote:
All for that. Just wanted them to know what they are up against.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:13 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
I might try to stick with radio transmitters and receivers that I already own. Who doesn't have 5 or 6 transmitters laying around, probably with dead batteries rotting in them from dis-use? But this is building season for us northern RC hobbyists.
I did not mean you would have to buy new radio. Just that you would be swapping out the stock (bang-bang, just about non-proportional) stuff. Any radio you own will be better.
It's winter here in Scotland too although we'll have soft water again before you. But what's all this about it being the building season. You don't build at other times? You must not be wrecking enough stuff! (I knew what you meant. Just being facetious.)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:29 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Been done before..by many. absolutely, Mad, the nqd is just a hull you have to cut and gut..which we all have done, we had no other option, now we do.

Silly not to make use of it.

RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,424 Posts
Just a grumpy old 62 year old up nort here in visconsin. I am frugal and my wife is absolutely 200% beyond that. She still works and has decided every dollar I spend on toys will keep her working to assure that that 2nd million is there when she needs it.

The other problem is that I have many hobbies, not just this one unbuilt boat.

I roasted my own green coffee beans this morning, (Kenya, Ethiopia, Hawaiian blend)
I've got a '66 T-Bird we cruise in on some nice days
Build furniture for fun (Scandinavian modern with nothing but Walnut, Cherry ,and Oak).
Take the wife out to eat once in a while
Cruise the river with wife and or friends on some of the days we aren't in the T-Bird
Have half dozen copters and quads and a dozen or more all electric RC planes
A few other projects including an ever growing victory garden.

Certainly not trying to brag, but the honest truth is that this new Jet Boat won't get a lot of attention even when the water softens here for a few months, so spending on the finest state of the art parts will never likely pay off before it gets auctioned off at my estate sale.

I plan to have fun though and I hope you all get to as well.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:59 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
LOL..well, the estate sale will tell if you won or not..he who dies with the most toys wins, I hear..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:00 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Send me a pm with some pics of the furniture, our house up there is all done rustic, its a log..might be interested in the things..
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:20 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbugger View Post
Massive,
Spare stock drives and impellers are available cheaply with free shipping from Hong Kong on ebay. Don't know about the US but in Europe we get stuff from Hong Kong in 5 or 6 days. The original Tx and what passes for an Rx and servo in the stock boat are worse than useless and anybody who opens up the stock top to get inside will be replacing all the radio gear. It's almost impossible to part the top and bottom hull pieces so the spare for that would have to be the assembled hull. Don't know if NQD in mainland China would sell you bare assembled hulls. I doubt it.

People wanting to split the hull normally start with the superior two-piece hull made by SicRC in Australia.

Not trying to put you off. Just warning you what you would be letting yourself in for

Thanks MB. Shipping from China to the US is horrible, especially if done via China Post. This is one of the main reasons why MassiveRC was formed in the first place: To offer US customers a source for product where they could get it fast. We know you blokes abroad don't have to wait as long as we do, which is part of the reason why we don't service international customers (in addiition to the cost of shipping).

Quote:
We don't want to get into saturated markets, which is why we're doing this feeler to see what the demand is. If we can't offer anything better than what already exists, then there's no sense in going there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
I can personally vouch for Romeo and his MassiveRC online store. He and his company take the attitude that they would like to be able to service us quicker, better, and more reliably than any offshore company. They seem to be enjoying the RC Hobby world with us, not just as salesman. They seem to be starting their business based on the needs and interests of many of us US customers. A small startup just recently begun around baby quadcopters. I made the inquiry to them about an expansion idea for them that would help me get rolling on a new RC sport of Jet Boats.

I will wait on my NQD Tear Apart order until I hear if MassiveRC can be my source. If they can figure out a way to provide watercooled brushless motors and ESC, that would be another super bonus to simplify the project for me.

I might try to stick with radio transmitters and receivers that I already own. Who doesn't have 5 or 6 transmitters laying around, probably with dead batteries rotting in them from dis-use?

Thanks Romeo for moving so quickly to ask this group if they would have any need of your service and connections with Chinese companies for parts and pieces to make this hobby easier and more fun.

I'll take 2 as soon as you can get them.

John in Merrill

PS Global warming notwithstanding, it is January in Wisconsin. I won't see open water for at least 3 months. But this is building season for us northern RC hobbyists.
Thanks John, but I would hate to see you go without by waiting for us. If you an get it from The Xenon Project, I suggest you do so. Chinese New Year is coming up and I don't know if we'll be able to pull an order off before it arrives. Although it's a 2 week ordeal, it's staggered throughout, so it could be a month before an order could be put in (late February).

My business partner James may hopefully be employed by WL Toys or Benma, so if\when that happens, we'll have an even greater influence over products that we have now.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:32 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Good business thinking, not a saturated market, but, a niche market at best, 50 pieces a month is ambitious, only because of the supply silliness that comes out of China, let alone the shipping delays..
RCG Plus Member