Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:56 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Here, Mad, 1/10, ..send u the shop by email..

ABS
Hull Kit Hull Kit contains: hull, deck, hatch cover, wings, BBY stickers, build sheet and safety info. Suggested Retail $69.95 Sale Price $59.95

ABS
Race Basic Race Basic Kit contains: same as Hull Kit plus: Naylor stainless steel out drive system, rudder, flex shaft (no straight shaft), plywood bulk heads, BBY stickers, build sheet and safety info. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $149.00

ABS
Advanced Kit Advanced Kit contains: same as the Race Basic Kit plus: motor, prop, speed control, etc. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $322.95

ABS
Almost Ready to Race Almost Ready to Race contains: same as the Advanced Kit plus: the assembly is done. All you do is add the radio control system, batteries, paint and have fun. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $481.95
chidago is online now Find More Posts by chidago
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:09 PM
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,260 Posts
That's a bummer Mad. I think one of those would be a lot of fun.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post

For the coupler you could try this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DR-3mm-x-3mm...item1c2819b3f0

or this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BF-3mm-x-3mm...item19d239a7a6

and get a piece of 1/8in OD brass tubing which conveniently has an ID that is the same as the impeller shaft for the NQD. Drill a hole in it for the set screw, stuff in your coupler, and you're good to go!
Remember I told you guys i bought this before we realize it's too big. Anyway.. It arrive from china today. This thing is the side of my thumb..
Even if i get the adapter to work correct.. Is this coupler too big for the motor setup and the shaft?
johnyeros is offline Find More Posts by johnyeros
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:36 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
yup..3x3 is the wrong size for the nqd, but the tubing will work, but if the dia. of the coupling is too big to fit in the jet, turning it down on anything but a good lathe will give you a imbalance that will shred the jet very quick.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chidago; Feb 01, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:53 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyeros View Post
Even if i get the adapter to work correct.. Is this coupler too big for the motor setup and the shaft?
From your pic it looks too big in OD (outside diameter) to fit in the NQD housing. If it will fit in the housing, the bore in the coupler can be reduced in the way Fire told you. Chi and I have been working with someone in England on a shock-absorbing coupler sized for the NQD. Am expecting a prototype to test very soon. Will report to the thread asap. Meanwhile, if your chinese coupler won't fit, play with your Blackjack, or get a solid coupler from Steve at SicRC.
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Last edited by madbugger; Feb 01, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:56 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chidago View Post
Here, Mad, 1/10, ..send u the shop by email..

ABS
Hull Kit Hull Kit contains: hull, deck, hatch cover, wings, BBY stickers, build sheet and safety info. Suggested Retail $69.95 Sale Price $59.95

ABS
Race Basic Race Basic Kit contains: same as Hull Kit plus: Naylor stainless steel out drive system, rudder, flex shaft (no straight shaft), plywood bulk heads, BBY stickers, build sheet and safety info. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $149.00

ABS
Advanced Kit Advanced Kit contains: same as the Race Basic Kit plus: motor, prop, speed control, etc. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $322.95

ABS
Almost Ready to Race Almost Ready to Race contains: same as the Advanced Kit plus: the assembly is done. All you do is add the radio control system, batteries, paint and have fun. Suggested
Retail N/A Sale Price $481.95

Looks just like this one http://www.bbyracing.com/dragboats.asp

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:00 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Remember I told you guys i bought this before we realize it's too big. Anyway.. It arrive from china today. This thing is the side of my thumb..
Apologies for sorta giving you a bum-steer on that one. Maybe you could use it for a different boat or something in the future?
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Apologies for sorta giving you a bum-steer on that one. Maybe you could use it for a different boat or something in the future?
Quote:
Do you think a little surgery ala "Lathe-grinder" might "hone it down to a more sveldt diameter?

John
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:19 PM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
Like I just said..would need to be a REAL lathe..nothin kills quicker than outta round parts
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:35 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7car7 View Post
That's a bummer Mad. I think one of those would be a lot of fun.
Yup. This site doesn't allow me to express the extent of my disappointment. , and doesn't begin to describe it.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:40 PM
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
941 Posts
Quote:
Like I just said..would need to be a REAL lathe..nothin kills quicker than outta round parts
Yup. Might get away with that on a slow scale boat, but at the revs we turn these things at. Well, some of us anyway. Mr (74000 revs) Chidago
Last edited by madbugger; Feb 02, 2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: 74000 revs
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:54 AM
SOCIAL CLUB MEMBER
Joined Dec 2009
6,584 Posts
oh oh..musta got dark, playground seems empty..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:09 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,424 Posts
Quote:
OOK, then, I'll regale you with misc. then..

Our place up by John..

Beautiful as usual, but every year that hard water thing seems to last longer. Global warming seems to have missed us in the northwoods.

Hey Chi, wifey and I will be checking the Minocqua area this afternoon and evening, ( can you spell steak and martini's).
Ice Drags here on the river today. Some of them have some pretty sophisticated equipment that makes my Hemi Magnum look tame.

See ya when my NQD hits the front porch.

John in Merrill

PS It ended up being Monical's Pizza
Chi, you should know that stuff it's an Illinois chain with only one franchise out of state, just happens to be my state. yummmmm
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:15 PM
Ireland, Leitrim
Joined Oct 2009
606 Posts
Mad, that really sucks about the boat. Likely one of those rigs you would only ever find by accident. I'll have a gander when I got a chance.

Nice pics again Chi. You see the thing about areas where you get all sorts of different weather conditions, you need new toys for each of them. At least that's the excuse I would use

Anyways, I wanted headers for the boat so went and had a look for the losi ones and forgot how pricey they are! I know it's not really that much but still nearly half the price(once shipping added) of the original boat. So before I bought some I told myself I would try make some.

I have some brass tube kicking about so got the bender out and gave it a shot. Here's my first attempt. I still have to trim them, merge them into one larger output and I'll paint them but I think they turned out good for 5 quid worth of parts(for both) and a bit of time which I enjoy doing.
Tiernan85 is offline Find More Posts by Tiernan85