HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:48 PM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Dec 2012
160 Posts
Flew my mus four battery's deep and feeling like I'm getting better. Two popwing flights and I'm getting used to being upside down and not so flustered with directions. Going out tomorrow. " spare the air " days always means a calm day will be.

Can't wait until next weekend as I am going out to Nevada with the wife to her brothers for the weekend. Met a guy here on Rcgroups that flys out there. If conditions are good the air is to be congested with the sweet sound of mini blenders screeching across the sky!

Love this hobby!
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:47 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,787 Posts
Finally got a great weather flying day yesterday and brought out everything to the field. Had a bad takeoff with my Pete n Poke .40 on its second flight, was seeing if I could do a takeoff from the pilots stand, where as I usually stand just slightly off the runway when taking off. I can do the pilots stand takeoff with my electric Spacewalker but the Pete n Poke.. shoulda known better its a hard plane to take off cause its nitro and heavy and wacky. Started going towards the edge of the runway and gunned it, pulled up too soon and stalled/torque rolled and cartwheeled on the grass. Broke the front cabane top off of the struts and cracked the left horizontal stab. I think I am now going to take its Rx and a couple servos and finally put my Twist .40 together that someone gave me with a broke wing
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:04 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myko View Post
Flew my mus four battery's deep and feeling like I'm getting better. Two popwing flights and I'm getting used to being upside down and not so flustered with directions. Going out tomorrow. " spare the air " days always means a calm day will be.

Can't wait until next weekend as I am going out to Nevada with the wife to her brothers for the weekend. Met a guy here on Rcgroups that flys out there. If conditions are good the air is to be congested with the sweet sound of mini blenders screeching across the sky!

Love this hobby!
That MUS is a great plane. I love mine. I busted it up pretty good last time out doing inverted hovers. 3ft off the ground! Just waiting on my new motor.
cwolfe is online now Find More Posts by cwolfe
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:31 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
Well, we had an unbelievable day here in SoCal, so my Bro-in-law & I took the opportunity to dust the cob-webs off some of the fleet and give them some air time. That included the maiden flight of my latest e-conversion, a SIG Kavlier given to me by a buddy who moved out of state and didn't want to pack his old planes. The trainer in the photos was also given to me & I gave it to my Bro-in-law and he e-converted it. A great day with no misshaps. Enjoy the pics. Blus skies!

Rick
RickAvery is offline Find More Posts by RickAvery
Last edited by RickAvery; Feb 03, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Dec 2011
2,232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAvery View Post
The rest of the flyers!
Is that the Kavalier asked about here a few weeks ago?
DustBen is offline Find More Posts by DustBen
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:46 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
never make plans to have a full flying day a week before...mother nature will figure this out !!! all the weather forecast a week ago & up to yesterday !!! looked great for flying today...sooo excited to get some flying in !

today mother nature said.....nah.....let me throw some super windy conditions in there for ya !!!
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:53 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
And the final batch
Last edited by RickAvery; Feb 03, 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:00 PM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
@ RickAvery - great photos mate. Cheers for sharing.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:07 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
never make plans to have a full flying day a week before...mother nature will figure this out !!! all the weather forecast a week ago & up to yesterday !!! looked great for flying today...sooo excited to get some flying in !

today mother nature said.....nah.....let me throw some super windy conditions in there for ya !!!
Isn't that the truth! I had planned a fly-day at my place a few weels back and invited a slew of buddies only to have to text them all and cancel because of high winds.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:10 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustBen View Post
Is that the Kavalier asked about here a few weeks ago?
Hi DustBen, Yep that's the one. I ordered a cowl as the one that came with it was cut up for a glow motor. I'm looking to add some wheel pants and some graffics to spruce her up a bit. But, she had to prove she was a flier before spending the time.Blue Skies!

Rick
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:33 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2008
1,787 Posts
Wow, great variety of models in that last string of pics. What is that weird jet in the last pic that says discontinued?
seeingeyegod is offline Find More Posts by seeingeyegod
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:40 PM
Moorpark, Ca.
Joined Apr 2004
1,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod View Post
Wow, great variety of models in that last string of pics. What is that weird jet in the last pic that says discontinued?
That is a Multiplex Sonic Liner. I think they may still be avaliable in europe. Discontinued here in the states for 3 or 4 years. A wonderful gentle flier.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:13 AM
If I build it, it will fly
United States, NY, East Rochester
Joined Jan 2012
701 Posts
Did the maiden of my 48" so. Series twin boom... Two great trimming flights, then I folded a wing off.... Forgot to brace the open ends of the V-tail... oops.

Then I flew a friends super easy for a pack & headed to work.

Good times, only out some foam, wood & glue.

~psguardian
psguardian is offline Find More Posts by psguardian
Last edited by psguardian; Feb 04, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:12 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,374 Posts
Got in 5 flights yesterday as it was a beautiful day. I maidended the PA Ultimate BIpe and what a mess that was! I got it down to my amazement without a scratch to find my surfaces had changed mid-flight (figure that one out). Re-trimmed and rebalanced it and she flew great! Whew...close one.

I also maidened the Edge 540QQ. That thing is a blast to fly. It rolls like a drill.

I took the Phantom quad out for a cruise yesterday too and snagged some video. I just have to work out some jello in the video and fly it somewhere where there is something nicer to video before I go posting a vid. All in all, it was a great day.

Thanks for the nice comments

HBGB
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee