HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:24 PM
United States, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,630 Posts
Discussion
lightweight foam primer?

does a lightweight primer, that will not eat depron, exist? i'm having a heck of a time finding one that works worth a dang.
ryan
Ryan Archer is offline Find More Posts by Ryan Archer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:33 PM
It Flies !!!
South, Michigan
Joined Nov 2009
4 Posts
I Use Minwax Polycrylic water based, mixed 50% with Rubbing Alcohol, and sprayed on with air brush.

Good luck
Rich`
Rich` is offline Find More Posts by Rich`
Old Nov 19, 2009, 12:49 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
If you need a filling primer, mix talcum powder in the un-thinned Minwax Polycrylic, but you won't be able to spray it with an air brush. I usually mix a lot of talc and it is kind of a paste like consistency. Brush or trowel it on. The talc gives it a pleasant small when you are sanding it too.
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:52 PM
Powell Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2009
52 Posts
I've had luck with krylon H2o spray latex. They have a white primer in the h2o series. It says on the can that it paints craft foam. In a few cases of me being impatient and applying way too heavy a coat it has eaten the foam. I like it. I don't know if you'd consider it to be light weight though.
MontoRC is offline Find More Posts by MontoRC
Site Sponsor