Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
Joined Feb 2013
386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepap View Post
Hey guys,
I got this Stearman from my brother on a trade. I was surprised how tailheavy it is. My bro' installed larger 3" tires & a 25 size motor. As I was configuring CG, I had to keep adding weight with (1) 2200mah installed. Finally, I took out the weights & simply added the 2nd 2200mah battery.....they fit nicely & the CG is dead-on. I have the 2-in-1 Deans connectors for an easy connect. I changed the prop to an APC 12 X 8E. Hopefully, weather permitting, I'll get it maidened this weekend. I should get a great flight time with throttle management & 4400mah available. Here's some pics.....

Denny
My tight group of Flying buddies and I have come to the conclusion of the EF Stearman always seems a little tail heavy no matter how much weight you add to the front end.

She just likes to climb under throttle. We ended up with 5.25 oz of lead in the cylinders and use 3s 3300 and 3700mah batteries.

The control surfaces are larger then needed and require a light touch but she sure flies great.

Jeff……….
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
to remove ads between posts