Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:03 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Aaron,

Do you have your LC Filter placed like this?
I do have a power filter like this diagram, although its not quite so simple... I've also got this parallel BEC to power the GoPro, its got a filter too, and all the wires to the vtx on the tail are using shielded cables. This setup was working perfectly with no interference b4 I rerouted the servos through the OSD, and added the second BEC for the GoPro, but I did have the OSD powered via the control rx just like now, and its always worked on one battery with these same LC filters. AND, it still has the issues when the secondary BEC is not running.... never had to add ferrites to the cables once I started using shielded cables. With the addition of the RTH its all gotten very complicated, I went to great lengths to keep wiring organized, and I was able to reduce the wiring somewhat by only using one servo lead for all three servo signal lines, they each connect to the appropriate place and the two jumpers for OSD aux channels handle power to the OSD... I'm thinking somewhere in my setup I've got a ground connected in behind the LC filter or something... dunno

video b4 RTH setup was added... didn't record the flight on the ground last time with all the problems...
FPV flying at the Blowsion Surf Slam 2011- long edit including ground footage (7 min 28 sec)
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:30 PM
Christchurch NZ
Joined Sep 2009
132 Posts
Quote:
can you post a video?
Hi Mike,

Could you please have a listen to the track..and see if you can pick the problem, thanks.

http://vimeo.com/33700000
piet9 is offline Find More Posts by piet9
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron View Post
I do have a power filter like this diagram, although its not quite so simple... I've also got this parallel BEC to power the GoPro, its got a filter too, and all the wires to the vtx on the tail are using shielded cables. This setup was working perfectly with no interference b4 I rerouted the servos through the OSD, and added the second BEC for the GoPro, but I did have the OSD powered via the control rx just like now, and its always worked on one battery with these same LC filters. AND, it still has the issues when the secondary BEC is not running.... never had to add ferrites to the cables once I started using shielded cables. With the addition of the RTH its all gotten very complicated, I went to great lengths to keep wiring organized, and I was able to reduce the wiring somewhat by only using one servo lead for all three servo signal lines, they each connect to the appropriate place and the two jumpers for OSD aux channels handle power to the OSD... I'm thinking somewhere in my setup I've got a ground connected in behind the LC filter or something... dunno

video b4 RTH setup was added... didn't record the flight on the ground last time with all the problems...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLbn...Q&feature=plcp
Nice video. I wonder what is going wrong with your new setup.

I chased down video issues for about a month. finally got them worked out.

maybe you could post video of your static issues.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:18 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piet9 View Post
Hi Mike,

Could you please have a listen to the track..and see if you can pick the problem, thanks.

http://vimeo.com/33700000
piet.

The interferance speeds up and becomes stronger when your osd voices a notice /or alarm.

I tend to think that it is internally derived.

*assuming that it is all wired correctly I wonder if your Microphone has anything to do with it...

*Is your BEC separated sufficiently from your other equipment?

*You are powering it with a LiPo, and not a transformer correct?

-Mike
Old Dec 14, 2011, 11:55 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
Hi everybody

I setup guardian my zephyr but when stablization on servo is revers

What i must do ?
nexstarselect is offline Find More Posts by nexstarselect
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:02 AM
2R Fly Team
Slovenija, Radovljica, Radovljica
Joined Jul 2009
206 Posts
I wonder what is in version 10.04 so new? Yesterday when I upgraded to version 10.04 with guoridan stabilization, servo motors had a sudden very little deviation. In no way I could raise them. But when I put back the old version 9.99 were set to decline back to normal.

In what could be the problem?

Thank you for your answers.
smoln1 is offline Find More Posts by smoln1
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:19 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexstarselect View Post
Hi everybody

I setup guardian my zephyr but when stablization on servo is revers

What i must do ?
hi,
i donŽt know from where your issue comes from ???
if you follow the steps youŽll get the servos working in the right directions.

choose a "normal" model in your rx (no elevon mix or v-tail mix)
coose wing type = elevon and stabilize/elevon mixing = on in the radiocontrol menu
test the direction ... if elevon or elevator function is wrong, reverse the channel in the rx.
run the servo analysis wizzard.

now your steering commands and the stabilisation should show the correct movements.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:11 AM
Azerbaijan FPV
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
I WILL TRY reset guardian
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:31 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Australia, NSW, Eurongilly
Joined Aug 2008
2,039 Posts
Gosh looks like they must be busy or something at ET, or the support staff have taken a holiday, been waiting since the 5/12 for some answers and not much happeneing.
vvV FANG Vvv is offline Find More Posts by vvV FANG Vvv
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:08 AM
Joined Aug 2010
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvV FANG Vvv View Post
Gosh looks like they must be busy or something at ET, or the support staff have taken a holiday, been waiting since the 5/12 for some answers and not much happeneing.
Same here......
thekubiaks is offline Find More Posts by thekubiaks
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:50 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,345 Posts
Quote:
I WILL TRY reset guardian
Nexstar,

i have not tackled the Elevon project yet. Soon however...

Does it make a change if you change which elevon goes on the elevator vs/ (rudder) aileron channel?

if that does not do anything:
Can't you reverse the servos in your Tx?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:51 PM
Azerbaijan FPV
Joined Nov 2009
379 Posts
Quote:
Nexstar,

i have not tackled the Elevon project yet. Soon however...

Does it make a change if you change which elevon goes on the elevator vs/ (rudder) aileron channel?

if that does not do anything:
Can't you reverse the servos in your Tx?

Everything is okey now i re run servo test everything is okey know )

and eagle tree 10.04 firmware default setting for RTH very good work for ritewing zephyr ))

i love ET i have 3 full osd setup airplane

i use Dosd dont like it and sell it imedatly bought eagle tree forever
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:25 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,345 Posts
Quote:
Everything is okey now i re run servo test everything is okey know )

and eagle tree 10.04 firmware default setting for RTH very good work for ritewing zephyr ))

i love ET i have 3 full osd setup airplane

i use Dosd dont like it and sell it imedatly bought eagle tree forever
I will be putting together a flying wing this week.

It will be interresting, configuring the RTH. It's like starting over.

I'm excited to see guardian on a wing.

-Mike
Old Dec 16, 2011, 11:09 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
So I did an extensive amount of RTH testing today. It does a great job of bringing the plane back. It does make that initial turn kind of steep, what's the best way to make that a little shallower? I have the altitude set at 400, but it held 500 for some reason... Also what happens when it reaches home? I never let it reach overhead as that would have taken it over a hospital.

I went for a distance run and made 11000 feet out and 2200-2500 ft AGL. Both are a personal best. I also have to say that the radar and home indicator are a life saver because this area I was flying is somewhat new to me and I had the setting sun and haze blinding the camera so I couldn't make out my LZ very well. Also from 1500 feet, I ended up 1/2 mile out, but didn't judge that distance right so I was looking well past home, thinking my LZ was somewhere else. The home arrow corrected that lol. I did notice that the airspeed indicator was reading very low, need to figure that out.

I'll post a video this weekend. I love the SW and ET!!!
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:06 AM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Nov 2011
153 Posts
Just remember that the "airspeed indicator" is actually a GROUND speed indicator that's driven from the GPS data (unless you've installed the airspeed sensor kit). A 30-knot aircraft flying into a 10-knot headwind will display its speed as 20 knots.
n5iln is offline Find More Posts by n5iln