HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2006, 12:16 PM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
Discussion
GY-401 Question for BT fixed Pitch heli pilots

Since I'm flying my heli in aircraft mode...how does one go about setting up the gyro sensitivity because I only have this option in heli mode on my transmitter. Not sure how I switch from AVSC to normal mode either. I'm asking this because I know there are some of you using this gyro on your FP birds. I've always used the 201 and this is my first 401 so I'm a bit baffled.
Orion_V is offline Find More Posts by Orion_V
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2006, 12:29 PM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
Is there a reason you don't set your radio up to use heli mode? That'd be ideal I think. Otherwise there might be a switch you can setup for switching gain and/or AVCS mode. eg. landing gear, flaps, spoilers, etc. Tell us what transmitter you have as that might make it easier to answer.
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon
Old Nov 05, 2006, 01:55 PM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
well its a FP heli so I thought aircraft mode would be ideal. I'm using a JAzz and if i'm using heli mode i dont think i would be able to disable the slow start. If I cut the throttle in mid air I dont want it to slow start. My transmitter is a Futabab 9CH. I'll check out the switch assignments and see what I can find
Old Nov 05, 2006, 02:38 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
you set your radio as heli mode and jazz set to non heli mode.(I believe boat mode that disables the brake) that is the best way to go about it.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2006, 02:47 PM
Florida
Joined Nov 2004
6,614 Posts
Askman. Aren't you till trying how to waterproof your Corona? ( I think it is pretty funny that re-appeared after 2 years).
Greybird is online now Find More Posts by Greybird
Old Nov 05, 2006, 02:54 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,081 Posts
well. that is why I think boat mode is appropriate on it. living in Oregon in winter is pretty wet proposition.
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2006, 03:05 PM
---------Speed!!---------
Illinois
Joined Jul 2003
6,134 Posts
So Orion, Lets see it finished? PICS!

How is it flying?

Matt
Heli Mod Man is offline Find More Posts by Heli Mod Man
Old Nov 05, 2006, 03:19 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_V
well its a FP heli so I thought aircraft mode would be ideal. I'm using a JAzz and if i'm using heli mode i dont think i would be able to disable the slow start. If I cut the throttle in mid air I dont want it to slow start. My transmitter is a Futabab 9CH. I'll check out the switch assignments and see what I can find
you should be able to put the gyro on a switched channel like gear....and in one position you set the End Point Adj (EPA) or whatever futaba calls it....for heading hold...above 50% and normal mode below 50%..

Just watch the light on the gyo and you should see it go off or come on depending on the postion of the switch.

With my optic6 I fly at 78% in HH and 22% in normal....both give good hold without any tail wag.

Look at the back side of the Gyro instructions in the boxes on the bottom...they explain how to set using your radio with a gyro and without by adj the ATV (EPA)

If you need a copy I have it dowloaded and could send it to you...

Mike
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Last edited by mjdee14; Nov 05, 2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2006, 03:45 PM
Heli Headcase
Cliffside Park, NJ
Joined May 2003
2,551 Posts
duhhh..im so brain dead...thanks Askman. Thats right as long as the ESC is not in heli mode theres no reason why I cant use my radio in heli mode. Think thats what you meant as well Aragon..sorry I misunderstood you.

Matt...

Yep its all done. I took it out for its maiden hover on my driveway. Not going to make it to the park today so guess I'll have to wait for next weekend to ring it out. It felt super smooth. Tracking is perfect and the power on this thiing is ridiculous. I did a few quick punch outs and it sure wanted to take off in a hurry..lol I'll post some more pics next week when I have my camera on me.

Mike...

Thanks for the info. I already have the heading hold switch assigned to one of my swithces but was confused as to how I set the sensitivity. I have the instructions I'll check it out...thanks for the offer though
Old Nov 05, 2006, 06:56 PM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Jan 2005
5,157 Posts
Ah so this is your new FP bird that you posted the other day? Looking forward to the vids. *hint*
aragon is offline Find More Posts by aragon