HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
74 Posts
Discussion
WKM to HoverFly Gimbal. Need help

Just replaced gimbal control from wkm to hoverfly.
I am flying a DJI F550 with TPpack AG550 v1.2
Wkm worked ok, but I wanted better performance especially in wind.
I guess I need to tweak it to make it work because as it is right now the wkm worked much better

I got a couple of questions:

1. Horizon - horizon is not straight. WKM is not the best gimbal control, but this is a new one for me. I have checked that the artifical horizon in the software is straigth, I know that the tray is straight on the bench. But everytime I test, it seems that the tray tilts to the left. And it is not consistent.
Please look at my video (sorry, it's dark I know). Compare the beginning and see how bad it is at 3 minutes in the clip.
What can I do to fix this???

2. Pitch movement - you can see in the video that the pich is jumping up and down. Is this because of to much gain?

3. I saved my config to a text file. In this file I see the following:
::GYRO::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 1

::MAG::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 1

::ACC::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 0

Why is Acc calibration 0? I ran it one more time, but the value is still 0

Pitch Gain: 200
Roll Gain: 300


HFG 150113 (4 min 28 sec)
kokla55 is offline Find More Posts by kokla55
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:15 PM
S11D336B's Avatar
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
You probably need to save the configuration after running the acccelerometer calibration. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware version flashed.

Do you have your HoverflyGIMBAL mounted to the camera tray or to fixed portion of the camera mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokla55 View Post
Just replaced gimbal control from wkm to hoverfly.
I am flying a DJI F550 with TPpack AG550 v1.2
Wkm worked ok, but I wanted better performance especially in wind.
I guess I need to tweak it to make it work because as it is right now the wkm worked much better

I got a couple of questions:

1. Horizon - horizon is not straight. WKM is not the best gimbal control, but this is a new one for me. I have checked that the artifical horizon in the software is straigth, I know that the tray is straight on the bench. But everytime I test, it seems that the tray tilts to the left. And it is not consistent.
Please look at my video (sorry, it's dark I know). Compare the beginning and see how bad it is at 3 minutes in the clip.
What can I do to fix this???

2. Pitch movement - you can see in the video that the pich is jumping up and down. Is this because of to much gain?

3. I saved my config to a text file. In this file I see the following:
::GYRO::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 1

::MAG::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 1

::ACC::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 0

Why is Acc calibration 0? I ran it one more time, but the value is still 0

Pitch Gain: 200
Roll Gain: 300


http://youtu.be/6gN8a8oaDr0
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:07 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S11D336B View Post
You probably need to save the configuration after running the acccelerometer calibration. Also, make sure you have the latest firmware version flashed.

Do you have your HoverflyGIMBAL mounted to the camera tray or to fixed portion of the camera mount?
I ran the accelerometer calibration again from another computer. Everything looks good, I push Save settings. But the config file still show :
::ACC::
CALIBRATION_DONE : 0

Software version: Ver 1.8 rev 1
Hardware Version: Gimbal 1.0

HFG is installed on fixed portion
kokla55 is offline Find More Posts by kokla55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2013, 02:24 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
74 Posts
anybody?
kokla55 is offline Find More Posts by kokla55
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:17 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Hi Kokla55, did you get this sorted? Just wondering as I'm looking at getting this gimbal control but want to make sure it works as advertised.
roryhinds is offline Find More Posts by roryhinds
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hoverfly Technologies
hoverben's Avatar
United States, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Nov 2011
141 Posts
Rory - that was a confirmed bug in the software. The calibration would take but it would not display as having done so. I believe this bug has been resolved but I'll double check with the engineer to make sure it is done.
hoverben is offline Find More Posts by hoverben
Reply With Quote
Old May 06, 2013, 06:19 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ben. I'm looking at getting a HoverflyGimbal board so this is good information to know.

I meet Al at NAB and have been emailing him but not getting a response. Could someone else at Hoverfly make contact with me regarding the Obsibian.

Cheers
Rory
roryhinds is offline Find More Posts by roryhinds
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2004
898 Posts
Hi,

I hope someone is still monitoring this thread. I bought a hoverfly Gimbal over a year ago, but never tested it. Well, now has come the time, to test this sucker, ha ha.

I hooked it up to the computer and installed the latest firmware and configurator. I started a few of the calibrations and they went all o.k. however, when I unplug the board from the computer and hook up a battery to it, nothing happens. I tried a ubec, a receiver battery, hooking up servos and receiver... nothing!?

Do I maybe have to finish all calibrations before this thing works!?

Thanks,

G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2014, 06:35 AM
Registered User
vector57's Avatar
Joined Jun 2013
98 Posts
I could not possibly help here, but from watching the video, it can't be much off. Great vid by the way.
vector57 is offline Find More Posts by vector57
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2014, 08:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2004
898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vector57 View Post
I could not possibly help here, but from watching the video, it can't be much off. Great vid by the way.
What video!? What are you saying dude!?
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2014, 07:51 AM
Registered User
vector57's Avatar
Joined Jun 2013
98 Posts
I watched the Video of his flight with the camera, above on this page. Dude!

From what I could see, it was almost perfectly straight. I could see it leaning a little, but so little you could hardly see it tilted.
vector57 is offline Find More Posts by vector57
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll DJI WKM vs HoverFly Pro+GPS Hex Multirotor Talk 15 Oct 14, 2013 09:38 PM
Help! Hoverfly Gimbal help granooch 3D Electric Heli Flying 5 Jan 15, 2013 07:11 PM
For Sale Cinestar 8 w Mikrocopter FC & 360 Gimbal w Hoverfly Gimbal Capo Creative Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 6 Oct 10, 2012 01:34 AM
Discussion Hoverfly pro and gps = hoverfly gimbal? Capy-Norway Hoverfly Technologies 25 Aug 20, 2012 11:12 AM