HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Jersey Crewmax, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Found
WTB: Proboat Arleigh Burke Destroyer

Looking for a Proboat Arleigh Burke destroyer. Let me know what you have and how much you are looking to get for it. If you are local I have a UL-1 or a Revolt that I'd consider trading.

Thanks
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:01 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Pacifica
Joined Oct 2011
5 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Good friend of mine is selling his
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777666
Make him an offer.
kenny77 is offline Find More Posts by kenny77
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:46 PM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny77 View Post
Good friend of mine is selling his
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1777666
Make him an offer.
I saw it but the asking price was too far off from what I was looking to spend. I know that at one point they were selling new for $200ish plush shipping so I have a hard time dishing out a good deal more than that.

On top of that his listing says he doesn't want to ship it.

Thank you anyway for pointing it out.
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
1 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hello:
I'm the owner of the ProBoat Arleigh Burke Destroyer that my friend rwood posted for me. The reason I didn't want to ship it was, because, even in its original box it is very fragile. But here's what I will do, I will sell the model, exactly as described for $400, but you have to arrange and pay for the shipping and any damage due to the shipping, will be between you and the shipper. It will be packed professionally by our local UPS Store (on my dime). Since I'm new to this whole R/C Groups thing, my user name is don chooch. Let me know if your interested. Thanks.
don chooch is offline Find More Posts by don chooch
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:36 AM
Registered User
egneg's Avatar
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax View Post
I saw it but the asking price was too far off from what I was looking to spend. I know that at one point they were selling new for $200ish plush shipping so I have a hard time dishing out a good deal more than that.

On top of that his listing says he doesn't want to ship it.

Thank you anyway for pointing it out.
They were selling for that price as it is a discontinued model and the hobby shops wanted them gone. I am afraid that those days are gone and they now command a much higher price. I would never sell the one I have for what I bought it for.
egneg is offline Find More Posts by egneg
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:27 AM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by egneg View Post
They were selling for that price as it is a discontinued model and the hobby shops wanted them gone. I am afraid that those days are gone and they now command a much higher price. I would never sell the one I have for what I bought it for.
Yeah I had read about it being discontinued but I figure ill keep my eye out in case one pops up for I price closer to what I'm looking to spend.
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:29 AM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by don chooch View Post
Hello:
I'm the owner of the ProBoat Arleigh Burke Destroyer that my friend rwood posted for me. The reason I didn't want to ship it was, because, even in its original box it is very fragile. But here's what I will do, I will sell the model, exactly as described for $400, but you have to arrange and pay for the shipping and any damage due to the shipping, will be between you and the shipper. It will be packed professionally by our local UPS Store (on my dime). Since I'm new to this whole R/C Groups thing, my user name is don chooch. Let me know if your interested. Thanks.
I appreciate you chiming in but that is more than I'm looking to spend. Thank you anyway.
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
Registered User
USA, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2003
737 Posts
Trader Rating: 38
There are 2 on ebay right now... buy it now for $375. If you want one, you might want to re-think because they will only cost more in the future.
skylane42 is offline Find More Posts by skylane42
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
RC Basher
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2012
37 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylane42 View Post
There are 2 on ebay right now... buy it now for $375. If you want one, you might want to re-think because they will only cost more in the future.
Thanks for the heads up. I still think I have to hold out though. If I can't find one for a more affordable price I might have to just forget about getting one.
Jersey Crewmax is offline Find More Posts by Jersey Crewmax
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale Pro Boat Arleigh Burke Destroyer rwood Boats (FS/W) 0 Nov 26, 2012 11:57 AM
For Sale ProBoat Arleigh Burke destroyer $225.00 RCForever Boats (FS/W) 5 Sep 04, 2012 12:56 PM
Discussion Upgrade to Proboat Arleigh Burke Swift16 Scale Boats 5 Jul 15, 2011 10:21 AM
Discussion PROBOAT USS Arleigh Burke (DDG-51) eroeder Scale Boats 1 Jul 14, 2011 01:22 PM
New Product ProBoat Arleigh Burke Kmot Scale Boats 24 Oct 01, 2010 03:12 PM