HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, GA, Suwanee
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewkc View Post
Answer is above me but id like to here others before i take the cub up,move control rod postions which hole on ailerons? Thanks Drew
for maiden, the stock setting on ailerons is fine, you should be navigating mostly with rudder anyway. when you want to roill quicker, move them in.

I would definitly recomend moving the rudder and elevator in to the 2nd from the surface,
plane_insane is offline Find More Posts by plane_insane
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined Dec 2011
347 Posts
Prop adapters?

What prop adapter(s) do you recommend for using the GWS props (5030, 5045, etc.)?

Where can I buy them too?

Alpha_Geist is offline Find More Posts by Alpha_Geist
Old May 12, 2012, 04:32 PM
USA, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
359 Posts
Have read some of this thread since i was considering this plane.

But I have noticed reports of servo problems.
So whats the consensus now? - rare or a real problem?
texbird is offline Find More Posts by texbird
Old May 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texbird View Post
Have read some of this thread since i was considering this plane.

But I have noticed reports of servo problems.
So whats the consensus now? - rare or a real problem?
Mine has no problems, there is another thread that's taking servo reports... Have not looked at it lately though.
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old May 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2008
42 Posts
Just got back from the field where I put in 2 more flights, mine needs constant right aileron and up elevator when at speed. I tried different positions of the battery, but when I go hands off, it just wants to roll left and dive. Not liking this plane very much. It's not fun to fly something constantly having to hold the right stick so it doesn't crash. Maybe my thrust angle is wrong or as3x isn't working right. All surfaces are centered on the ground.
DanReidy is online now Find More Posts by DanReidy
Old May 12, 2012, 04:54 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
722 Posts
If you havent voted in my servo issue poll, please do. Anyone with a Carbon Cub is encouraged to do so. With this we can determine how big of an issue it is, at least in the RCG community.

http://rcgroups.com/forums/showthrea...0#post21590002
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old May 12, 2012, 05:13 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
372 Posts
Ok! Picked mine up this morning and no problems with my servos, etc. I did turn dwn the travel adj to 85 on air, elev, and running my flaps at 75% dwn travel.
I did have to tweak the rudder just a little by bending the wire to ctr it up. I also mounted my Trexler #6 tundra tires They are 2 1/2 inches in dia. I know they are huge, but man, what fun flying this thing with those monsters on it. It moved my c.g.a little fwd it seems, but just req a few clicks of up elev trim. It lands with a nice little bounce, it's hilarious really!!! I basically just rigged them on with a little piece of plastic tubing that we used to use with are FM antenna wires. I CA'd them to the wire gear, then used a tie wrap as a collar since I couldn''t find any of my smaller Dubro collar's. I works like a charm!! Let me know what you think. I think it looks the part of a bush Carbon SS Cub.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Last edited by M3_matt; May 13, 2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: updated pics to reflect painted wheel hubs alum
Old May 12, 2012, 05:18 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,150 Posts
reminds me of this:
Alaska Bush Pilots flying competition (takeoff & landing) (1 min 0 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_matt View Post
Ok! Picked mine up this morning and no problems with my servos, etc. I did turn dwn the travel adj to 85 on air, elev, and running my flaps at 75% dwn travel.
I did have to tweak the rudder just a little by bending the wire to ctr it up. I also mounted my Trexler #6 tundra tires They are 2 1/2 inches in dia. I know they are huge, but man, what fun flying this thing with those monsters on it. It moved my c.g.a little fwd it seems, but just req a few clicks of up elev trim. It lands with a nice little bounce, it's hilarious really!!! I basically just rigged them on with a little piece of plastic tubing that we used to use with are FM antenna wires. I CA'd them to the wire gear, then used a tie wrap as a collar since I couldn''t find any of my smaller Dubro collar's. I works like a charm!! Let me know what you think. I think it looks the part of a bush Carbon SS Cub.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old May 12, 2012, 05:20 PM
Lebanon,OH
Joined Oct 2002
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
That's the goal!!! LMAO!!
M3_matt is offline Find More Posts by M3_matt
Old May 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
What are the best radio settings for a beginner? I am getting so excited for my dx7s to come on monday, to fly the CC.
stuglas69 is offline Find More Posts by stuglas69
Old May 12, 2012, 05:38 PM
McCarthy, Alaska
Joined Jun 2004
1,133 Posts
" I also mounted my Trexler #6 tundra tires They are 2 1/2 inches in dia. I know they are huge, but man, what fun flying this thing with those monsters on it. It moved my c.g.a little fwd it seems, but just req a few clicks of up elev trim. It lands with a nice little bounce, it's hilarious really!!! I basically just rigged them on with a little piece of plastic tubing that we used to use with are FM antenna wires. I CA'd them to the wire gear, then used a tie wrap as a collar since I couldn''t find any of my smaller Dubro collar's. I works like a charm!! Let me know what you think. I think it looks the part of a bush Carbon SS Cub."

WONDERFUL! Now you have a real Alaskan Bush Cub.
WSEN is offline Find More Posts by WSEN
Old May 12, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Geist View Post
What prop adapter(s) do you recommend for using the GWS props (5030, 5045, etc.)?

Where can I buy them too?

The gws props fit the same as the stock prop. But if you have a broken prop adapter, look up a forum member ICU he has unbreakable ones that everybody should have.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old May 12, 2012, 06:01 PM
We'll all float on OK
Casselberry, Florida
Joined Dec 2002
1,506 Posts
I haven't flown my Carbon Cub yet, and I'm concerned about some of the problems. Is there something I can do before I fly it to fix the problems?

How do you safetly move the pushrods to a different hole in the control horns?
Tom Korn is offline Find More Posts by Tom Korn
Last edited by Tom Korn; May 12, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old May 12, 2012, 06:11 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,085 Posts
The elevator, same exact issue as the geebe. They have to be connected.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old May 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
ok flight 36 with 320 battery =15mins flight 37 320 battery=15mins flight 38 240 battery 9mins
no problems yet i do have all travel set to 95% so far so good , ilove this plane so far
xlrDALLAS is online now Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS