HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2013, 09:42 PM
Canada, NL, Corner Brook
Joined May 2011
158 Posts
Help!
FAILSAFE on 9XR (or 9X) ??? Please help.

I need to figure out how to set up FAILSAFE on my 9XR (or 9x im sure is the same)
... When I turn off Radio my motor goes to max speed... not good for FPV.
Ive searched around youtube and google and I cant seem to get a decent explanation.
85miles is offline Find More Posts by 85miles
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, WA, Kirkland
Joined Dec 2011
373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85miles View Post
I need to figure out how to set up FAILSAFE on my 9XR (or 9x im sure is the same)
... When I turn off Radio my motor goes to max speed... not good for FPV.
Ive searched around youtube and google and I cant seem to get a decent explanation.
what tx module and rx combo are you using ?
CoolD is online now Find More Posts by CoolD
Old May 07, 2013, 12:19 PM
Canada, NL, Corner Brook
Joined May 2011
158 Posts
im using the Turnigy 9XR & FR sky Db8-II

I also use dragonlink in my skywalker which I also need to set the fail safe, but im so new to this hobby I dont understand most of the features on the 9XR
Old May 07, 2013, 12:59 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Nov 2011
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85miles View Post
im using the Turnigy 9XR & FR sky Db8-II

I also use dragonlink in my skywalker which I also need to set the fail safe, but im so new to this hobby I dont understand most of the features on the 9XR
Fail safe is associated the the Rx. Look up your FrSky model on their web site for setting the fail safe. Same with the DL Rx.

Don't feel bad I watched a very experienced flyer land a very large scale model that stopped at the end of the runway about 100' away. (He was using a 72 mHz radio) He started to taxi it back, then without thinking reached up and collapsed the Tx antenna. The aircraft went to full power, lifted off, rolled inverted and crashed. He found out about fail safe the hard way. Just imagine if he had been flying--watching it fly off into the sunset.
1fullbird is offline Find More Posts by 1fullbird
Old May 07, 2013, 02:19 PM
Joined Apr 2006
1,231 Posts
to set FS in FR sky Db8-II
turn on both tx then rx.. put the thro stick to the position you like.. most set it at low stick..and other stick in middle..
there is a bind button on the rx.. a quick tap of that button( less than a second), the module on your tx should beep..FS is set...
test it by putting a servo on ch.3 or a esc/motor no prop....turn of tx..servo or motor shud return to neutral...
barok is offline Find More Posts by barok
Old May 07, 2013, 02:19 PM
Canada, NL, Corner Brook
Joined May 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fullbird View Post
Fail safe is associated the the Rx. Look up your FrSky model on their web site for setting the fail safe. Same with the DL Rx.

Don't feel bad I watched a very experienced flyer land a very large scale model that stopped at the end of the runway about 100' away. (He was using a 72 mHz radio) He started to taxi it back, then without thinking reached up and collapsed the Tx antenna. The aircraft went to full power, lifted off, rolled inverted and crashed. He found out about fail safe the hard way. Just imagine if he had been flying--watching it fly off into the sunset.

thanks ill look that up, I had the model of the RX wrong but thats okay ill find it out myself on their site.
Old May 07, 2013, 02:21 PM
Canada, NL, Corner Brook
Joined May 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barok View Post
to set FS in FR sky Db8-II
turn on both tx then rx.. put the thro stick to the position you like.. most set it at low stick..and other stick in middle..
there is a bind button on the rx.. a quick tap of that button( less than a second), the module on your tx should beep..FS is set...
test it by putting a servo on ch.3 or a esc/motor no prop....turn of tx..servo or motor shud return to neutral...

Thanks ill try that the actual model is D8R-II Plus, probably the same thing eh.

I also need to set dragonlink failsafe
Old May 07, 2013, 04:15 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,273 Posts
http://www.dragonlinkstore.com/v2/node/16
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2013, 06:08 PM
Canada, NL, Corner Brook
Joined May 2011
158 Posts
thanks case closed!
Old May 16, 2014, 02:25 PM
Joined Nov 2007
100 Posts
Can someone tell me how to set failsafe on dragonlink v2 with turnigy 9x?
xstranger is offline Find More Posts by xstranger