HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:56 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,649 Posts
I have to agree, probably doesn't help .
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 05:41 AM
Joined Nov 2012
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke View Post
Using the ntm 1400 motor I used a 8x4 and the motor failed on me and over heated. I still don't know if it was a faulty motor or what.
Also how are you launching it? I found the best way is the way showed in this video.
The Best Way to Launch a RC Wing: http://youtu.be/iJL_9gwGRzc
Sorry to hear about your motor. My motor is normally barely warm to touch after flying so I'm thinking you had a dud. I don't fly WOT for long periods though so that helps.

To launch I throw it like a frisbee, increasing the throttle as it leaves my hands. Couldn't be easier. I don't get how people have trouble launching this wing.
benjahmon is offline Find More Posts by benjahmon
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:01 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Gorinchem
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
Made some progress on my build. Haven't got much free time lately Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406574072.626318.jpg
Views: 20
Size: 335.0 KB
Description:
renesijnke is offline Find More Posts by renesijnke
Old Jul 28, 2014, 02:31 PM
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Jan 2014
301 Posts
That is a VERY nice color!
Wolphe is online now Find More Posts by Wolphe
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:05 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Hi guys,

I just received my Jug kit and I'm really excited about the build. I just got finished unboxing and sizing everything up for joining the wings and I a little stumped. From most if not all the videos I've watched of this wing build, I noticed the center section of the wing matched up perfectly with the other two halves and extended quite far toward the trailing edge. Check this picture out. Is this right or do I have the wrong center section for a Jug.

Any thoughts?
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:36 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2013
194 Posts
Looks like you might have gotten the center section for a Flinch. I'm sure Rub will take care of you. Also, you didn't get balsa elevons? I know with my kit I got balsa, and the winglets were black. Where did you get this kit from?
RJBishop is online now Find More Posts by RJBishop
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:44 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJBishop View Post
Looks like you might have gotten the center section for a Flinch. I'm sure Rub will take care of you. Also, you didn't get balsa elevons? I know with my kit I got balsa, and the winglets were black. Where did you get this kit from?
It was won at the NEFPV Feat Meet a few weeks ago. Ruben contacted me and informed me it was packed incorrectly. Quick response? Thanks Ruben!

I'm really pumped to get this build started. I want to have it ready for NAFPV in Aug.

I was looking at the Bohemouth also anyone have a good build thread on this bird?
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:26 PM
United States, CA, Calexico
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renesijnke View Post
Made some progress on my build. Haven't got much free time lately Attachment 6968941
great looking fw.. very bright. what kind of paint did you used there?..
thank you
Rodher R.
rodher12 is offline Find More Posts by rodher12
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:42 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Gorinchem
Joined Mar 2013
45 Posts
Its a fluorescent spray paint, from a local shop
renesijnke is offline Find More Posts by renesijnke
Old Today, 09:45 AM
New Beeeeee
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Apr 2011
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renesijnke View Post
Made some progress on my build. Haven't got much free time lately Attachment 6968941

Dang! That's bright!!! Lol I like it!
RUBNorris is online now Find More Posts by RUBNorris
Old Today, 09:48 AM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
Hi guys,

I just received my Jug kit and I'm really excited about the build. I just got finished unboxing and sizing everything up for joining the wings and I a little stumped. From most if not all the videos I've watched of this wing build, I noticed the center section of the wing matched up perfectly with the other two halves and extended quite far toward the trailing edge. Check this picture out. Is this right or do I have the wrong center section for a Jug.

Any thoughts?
The center section should be on it's way bud. Sorry about that, blame me lol if you need help just ask us here too.
Old Today, 09:59 AM
New Beeeeee
Joined Apr 2011
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
It was won at the NEFPV Feat Meet a few weeks ago. Ruben contacted me and informed me it was packed incorrectly. Quick response? Thanks Ruben!

I'm really pumped to get this build started. I want to have it ready for NAFPV in Aug.

I was looking at the Bohemouth also anyone have a good build thread on this bird?
Behemoth build log is not done yet. I want to but been far too hot in the shop, 90*+ all week it seems like and going into the weekend. Just sitting in there is bad.
I can do a walk through for the behemoth that is already done? It's like the jugg build but extra spars for motor mount.

Ruben