Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:51 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Help!
Jetco Dragonfly

Anybody here remember the Jetco Dragonfly? It was an all sheet balsa profile bi-plane Free Fight made for .02 engines. Probably sometime in the late 60's, early 70's. About the size of a Dakota, but with open cockpit.

I'd appreciate a set of parts outlines if anybody could help. Thanks.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
Peoria, AZ
Joined Jun 2001
1,054 Posts
If you can't find a more handy copy of the plans elsewhere, I have the kit I can copy from.

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Wow John, You're the first ray of light I've had in my 6 month quest for the plans. I appreciate the offer.
Do the plans show the parts or are they just isometric construction drawings??

Thanks again for the offer.
Jim
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quite rare today- dates to the late 1950's or early 1960s, I'll have to pull the old mags to check. It was either FF or CL. Rather similar to an Ebenezer in FF form. The kit didn't last long, I suspect they only did the one issue, like the "Satellite Saucer", another rare one. I have only seen one Dragonfly on eBay a few months back.
JKinTX is offline Find More Posts by JKinTX
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:20 PM
Peoria, AZ
Joined Jun 2001
1,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronca52 View Post
Wow John, You're the first ray of light I've had in my 6 month quest for the plans. I appreciate the offer.
Do the plans show the parts or are they just isometric construction drawings??

Thanks again for the offer.
Jim
Hi Jim, the plans show enough of the design to build from them, no problem there. Some of the plan is isometric, but there are also actual side views, etc. I can trace what isn't shown on another sheet.
Immediate issue is that we just moved, and much of my hobby things are still packed away in storage. I can begin searching for the kit, but it may take some time.
If you saw my storage area, you would understand...

John
John Cole is offline Find More Posts by John Cole
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole View Post
Hi Jim, the plans show enough of the design to build from them, no problem there. Some of the plan is isometric, but there are also actual side views, etc. I can trace what isn't shown on another sheet.
Immediate issue is that we just moved, and much of my hobby things are still packed away in storage. I can begin searching for the kit, but it may take some time.

John
I'd most like to have a copy myself, if not too much trouble for you. Be most glad to pay any costs.

John
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cole View Post

John
Thanks John,
LMK when you can reach the box. Maybe make a few copies, looks like it is well remembered.
Appreciate the offer.
Jim
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Thanks John,
LMK when you can reach the box. Maybe make a few copies, looks like it is well remembered.
Appreciate the offer.
Jim
It's a nifty little model- could be flown FF or on lines. It's basically a kit of the Ebenezer.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:05 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,179 Posts
Our family had one back in the late 60's which we flew with IIRC a Cub or Spitzy engine. ( or maybe an Infant) After it disappeared I forgot about it until last year and about 6 months ago I started looking for the plans. A piece of childhood reclaimed.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Jul 2012
712 Posts
Quote:
Our family had one back in the late 60's which we flew with IIRC a Cub or Spitzy engine. ( or maybe an Infant) After it disappeared I forgot about it until last year and about 6 months ago I started looking for the plans. A piece of childhood reclaimed.
It's a world of fun. The Ebenezer is a world-wide phenomena. Bert is still among us AFIK, and this is a kit offshoot of his design.

Ebenezer free flight .049 Wenmac (0 min 21 sec)
Last edited by JKinTX; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM.