2,961 Posts
Sweet, thanks Andy!
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:13 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,961 Posts
I would like to thank all who helped me in figuring out my problem. The last bit of information from freechip cleared up my last issue with the aux1 channel. Now it is all set up and seems to be working properly. Now I just have to wait for the plane to get here and test it all out....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:26 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
I would like to thank all who helped me in figuring out my problem. The last bit of information from freechip cleared up my last issue with the aux1 channel. Now it is all set up and seems to be working properly. Now I just have to wait for the plane to get here and test it all out....
With the newer AirWare Transmitters when I'm creating a new model I always access the second screen of the Channel Assignment Menu AKA Switch Select on other Tx and Inhibit every selection that way when I'm setting up a new model I don't have these confusing issues.

For you you had to Inhibit it's current selection in order to assign it to a new one.

Glad you got it working.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:43 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,961 Posts
That's good advice freechip...I'll have to remember to do that as well. Thanks again!
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:46 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
With the newer AirWare Transmitters when I'm creating a new model I always access the second screen of the Channel Assignment Menu AKA Switch Select on other Tx and Inhibit every selection that way when I'm setting up a new model I don't have these confusing issues...
Seems like that should be the default for every new model.
Turner2 is offline Find More Posts by Turner2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX7 Programing - Ultimate...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:33 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,495 Posts
Multiplex made that mistake for us, so we don't have to.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 29, 2014, 03:50 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,429 Posts
I don't know what that means but thanks for your interest.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:20 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,358 Posts
The Multiplex high end transmitters by default would not assign any functions to channels. As a result when creating a new model in the transmitter nothing works. You have to assign every function you would use to a channel. Later Multiplex added templates to get around this "feature".

I personally would prefer something in the middle - first 5-6 channels assigned by default, channels 7 and up unassigned.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:00 PM
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Sep 2009
1,429 Posts
Thanks for that useful information. I think you have a good idea. I have seen it advised here more than once that you should go to the switch select screen, I think, and inhibit everything. That's the single point I'm talking about. I believe I first heard this from Andy.

My point is that if that is the first thing you need to do, it seems it would be better to do that by default. How is that a mistake?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:55 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2 View Post
Thanks for that useful information. I think you have a good idea. I have seen it advised here more than once that you should go to the switch select screen, I think, and inhibit everything. That's the single point I'm talking about. I believe I first heard this from Andy.

My point is that if that is the first thing you need to do, it seems it would be better to do that by default. How is that a mistake?

I'm only catching up on this but I believe that the discussion of inhibiting in this most recent context relates to doing so on a slave Tx so that it's less potentially confusing to match/map any function changes/switch reassignments that you may have done on the Master. This is somewhat different than having every new model on any Tx default to inh for every channel.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,321 Posts
Sure someone was having an issue that related to Trainer but the idea of Inhibiting the selections in the Switch Select Menu and/or the Channel Config Screen applies in general outside of Trainer also....

The member had tried to make a switch selection and was not able to do so and the reason why was because he hadn't inhibit the other channel already using the same switch.

I recommended or informed him that when I create a new model I always access this screen and inhibit every selection making it easier later to assign channels to switches.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner2 View Post
You don't HAVE to do it. It's what I do - my personal preference. (Actually I don't have to do it anymore. I have a template defined which handles that for me).

This is our policy: Every channel does something right out of the box.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor