HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:38 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,487 Posts
Congratulations. The little Zero is well worth sorting out! Glad you are having fun with it.
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:07 PM
Warbird lover!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2013
56 Posts
Thank you Rocket, you're giving me ideas! And I sincerely hope somebody at HH is reading this thread although it's about a retired model. It flies awesome and the 280 Mustang needs company... hint hint... How about a re-issue with only a few tweaks?

Saturday evening was perfect: no wind. A rare occurance. I could do my usual dives and fly-by's, but without wind, the zero flew (even more) on rails. I could skim the deck, flirt with disaster and then punch it and climb in a spiral into the orange sky. Over and over... But you guys know exactly what I'm babbling about...

The timer on my good old DX6i has gone a bit crazy. It always defaults back to counting up from 6 minutes. I set it back to countdown for 8 but the next day we're always back to "up from 6". I hope the new six doesn't have the same issues as the i...
MTL_Greg is online now Find More Posts by MTL_Greg
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:59 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
464 Posts
I picked up my Talon 15 ESC today and my 0 will be ready to fly as soon as I get the connectors soldered on.

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:10 AM
Warbird lover!
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Nov 2013
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRobin View Post
I picked up my Talon 15 ESC today and my 0 will be ready to fly as soon as I get the connectors soldered on.

Cheers!
Rocket
So how does she fly? Must have tons of power! Got any pics or a vid?

Mine is in bad shape... Not from crashing, more from carrying it everywhere unprotected... It's my go-to plane for everyday flying on smaller fields and parks. I need to find/make a box to protect it! UMX planes in a box are way more travel-friendly.

Cheers!
Greg
MTL_Greg is online now Find More Posts by MTL_Greg
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:48 PM
Fox 1
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2013
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL_Greg View Post
So how does she fly? Must have tons of power! Got any pics or a vid?

Mine is in bad shape... Not from crashing, more from carrying it everywhere unprotected... It's my go-to plane for everyday flying on smaller fields and parks. I need to find/make a box to protect it! UMX planes in a box are way more travel-friendly.

Cheers!
Greg
I still haven't maidened Zero minus zero seven.

Last weekend was spent as Pylon 3 judge for Q40 and Quikie 500 races at my CMPRA club meets. I'm not a pylon racer, but I like to help out the club and there's always fun and excitement at pylon races. For instance on Saturday I got to see a 500 get cleaved in half in a mid-air. A nice fire after a crash is icing on the cake, but you only get those at EF1 events (or with Saturday afternoon newbies drilling for oil in the parking lot, when I'm not there).

I'm planning to get 0 - 07 dialed in this weekend. I'm going on holiday on the 7th and 0 - 07 is to be my travel bird.

As far as hangar rash/road rash is concerned, I'm pretty anal with my birds. I like to keep them in new condition. The same condition that the ground crew presented it to the pilot and not war weary BS, which is popular with so many other scale pilots.
Why not present a model of one of Adolf Galland's 109s after he bailed out? Take a pile of briquettes, light them on fire and provide 30 pages of documentation of a pile of briquettes on fire. You will lose points on the flight line, but as long as the documentation (or fabrications thereof) are correct, you're a full scale contender.
Sorry, I digress. I have a beef with official scale model regulations.

If one is to die, the machine will die an honourable death by meeting with it's shadow at a high velocity. Except for wadding up my P-51 in a cartwheel last year I've been pretty lucky, so far. Knock on wood.

Fly it like a P-400, or as the USAAF pilots called it, a P-40 with a 0 on it's six.

Cheers!
Rocket
RocketRobin is offline Find More Posts by RocketRobin