HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:48 AM
Farmer
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Where in San Mateo do you fly at. I work in Belmont , and live in Hayward.
We fly at bayfront park off of marsh rd redwoodcity
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:43 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
cool thanks
maybe after the time change when it is lighter out longer and if you guys fly at all after work during the week I will come check it out. right now its dark by the time I get off work over in Belmont. I am only able to fly on the weekend.
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.a.r.m.e.r View Post
Always looking for a new place to Hoist the Radian Pro up at.

Especially now that I have mounted a camera on it for some aerial videos

Aerial Video from King City January 2013 (3 min 14 sec)

aerial video Radian Pro with Action Shot (13 min 10 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:11 AM
fly 1 day, repair the next 3
Joined Dec 2012
160 Posts
Quote:
cool thanks
maybe after the time change when it is lighter out longer and if you guys fly at all after work during the week I will come check it out. right now its dark by the time I get off work over in Belmont. I am only able to fly on the weekend.
Nice to hear! We are usually out there every Saturday smashing some kind of plane into the turf. My dads really fun to watch. Lol.
Myko is offline Find More Posts by Myko
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muhkaydenz View Post
Here is my radian setup let me know what you think, thanks!
Just curious, I now have a Turbo Aluminum BB Spinner on her replacing the stock one as well as Graupner 10x8 folding props, but I don't remember my stock spinner/prop setup with that much space from the firewall?

Do you have the spinner/prop off the prop shaft in the pic?

Your "flight deck" sure is clean! All kinds of room for your 1300mAh-2200mAh batt!!! Was the velcro not enough to secure your ESC, guessing that's why the 2 zip ties?

Have fun and looking for your report regarding your maiden!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:47 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myko View Post
O....my....gosh! What a blast. My maiden flight was 28 min on a 1800 mah 25c pack! Vertical for days! I'm so happy. the cg was a smidge nose heavy but not overwhelming. although I am a little worried about the flimsy tail section and the flex in the wings she's a far cry from my first plane, the vista ep from tower hobbies. (rip) Really really loved the straight up balls to the wall power. Can't wait to get back out there with my buddy F.A.R.M.E.R. The guys got great experience and flys a heli like a horny hummingbird.
NICE!!! Glad to hear your maiden went well! & 28mins, that's so cool!!!

It'll only get better from here!! Have fun & you'll really be stoked when you ride your first thermal!! Guess there's not much falcons/hawks in your area where you fly so you'lll be cruising with the seagulls & albatross huh?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
Farmer
Joined Oct 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
NICE!!! Glad to hear your maiden went well! & 28mins, that's so cool!!!

It'll only get better from here!! Have fun & you'll really be stoked when you ride your first thermal!! Guess there's not much falcons/hawks in your area where you fly so you'lll be cruising with the seagulls & albatross huh?
We got turkey voltures lol
f.a.r.m.e.r is offline Find More Posts by f.a.r.m.e.r
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,661 Posts
WOW, even better, I'm sure they give away some good soaring/thermals in the area!!!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:01 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
969 Posts
Hey guys, new to this thread. I just picked up a Radian Pro at a local auction. Not my first glider but first with all the programming capabilities. I have a DX7s and will be putting a 6 channel satelite Rx in it. I'm looking for a thread/ video on how to program camber, reflex and crow. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks much.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:58 AM
A geriatric flier
Australia, NSW, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2008
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Hey guys, new to this thread. I just picked up a Radian Pro at a local auction. Not my first glider but first with all the programming capabilities. I have a DX7s and will be putting a 6 channel satelite Rx in it. I'm looking for a thread/ video on how to program camber, reflex and crow. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks much.
Do a search, you will find heaps of info plus go to Parkzone web site.
Watdazit is offline Find More Posts by Watdazit
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:58 AM
Seeker of Thermals
United States, MT, Kalispell
Joined Aug 2004
642 Posts
Quote:
Especially now that I have mounted a camera on it for some aerial videos
Foamy - those are some unique perspective videos. Was the camera pointed straight down at the ground? Was there a purpose in that? You can't really see much of your flying area with that perspective.

--
Greg
botulism is online now Find More Posts by botulism
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botulism View Post
Foamy - those are some unique perspective videos. Was the camera pointed straight down at the ground? Was there a purpose in that? You can't really see much of your flying area with that perspective.

--
Greg
Ya know greg yes it was. My Son In Law surprised me last week with that camera. He had if you can believe this bought me a # 16 key chain camera for christmas. Opened it up and had trouble using it so he sent it back without letting me know about it. I guess he found this camera at Target or someplace like that and decided to pick it up
http://www.bing.com/shopping/jakks-p...ra&FORM=CMSMEE

So anyway yes I did mount it facing down due to the design of the camera which you will see if you click on the above link. I am going to get a key chain camera and mount one on the other wing (facing forward) and shot both at the same time. Synch both videos and do a split screen. I may also try mounting this camera on the fuselage facing to the side sort of like a out the window view. I was just playing around with it to see what I could do with it.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
Never enough time to fly!
SLC, UT
Joined Sep 2006
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Best I can do for you --
http://www.bladehelis.com/prodinfo/F..._DX7_setup.pdf
Corrections ---
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=937
ecase is online now Find More Posts by ecase
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:56 AM
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut View Post
Just curious, I now have a Turbo Aluminum BB Spinner on her replacing the stock one as well as Graupner 10x8 folding props, but I don't remember my stock spinner/prop setup with that much space from the firewall?

Do you have the spinner/prop off the prop shaft in the pic?

Your "flight deck" sure is clean! All kinds of room for your 1300mAh-2200mAh batt!!! Was the velcro not enough to secure your ESC, guessing that's why the 2 zip ties?

Have fun and looking for your report regarding your maiden!!!
Yeah I have a 35-36c motor which has a longer shaft so it pushes it out further. The esc and motor wiring were just weird lengths and I couldn't get the velcro mount to work so that was my solution ha ha. I am running an 1800 mah battery so I am glad for all the room.
muhkaydenz is offline Find More Posts by muhkaydenz
Last edited by muhkaydenz; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Aug 2010
359 Posts
????

I last flew my Radian Pro in October 2012. Set it in storage and was going to fly today. Topped off two batteries and decided to test before going to my flying field. All the servos work as programmed but the motor doesn't do anything. I tried both batteries with same result. Motor feel free with no hang-ups and the controller does not get warm. Any idea? (I vote for the controller but cannot imagine why this would happen...is there a fuse on the controller.) Frankly I don't want to spend any more money on this rather poor performer but am willing to troubleshoot more or else I will rob the airframe for servos, linkages etc and build a bubbles.
tlar633 is offline Find More Posts by tlar633