HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Nov 2010
4,009 Posts
no lol no need to tell me that.

I have gotten dimples out of fiberglass many times, i just wasn't sure about the paint and decals concerning the heat from the heat gun
Jwmflying14 is online now Find More Posts by Jwmflying14
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Aug 2002
1,230 Posts
Just take it slow and easy - you'll do fine. You could even heat it up from the inside - possibly, but I'd stay outside.
You shouldn't be getting it hot enough to ruin the paint or decals.
Just go as light as possible.
Wade Joos is offline Find More Posts by Wade Joos
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,009 Posts
Sounds good! I'm hoping I can have this bird back up in the air by the weekend. Considering all my parts are soldered adjusted and set up. I literally would just have to build the airframe and bolt in all my pieces.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:26 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Ok so I got the new SAPAC fan with the housing NIB but the fan doesnt fit in the housing??
purcilas is offline Find More Posts by purcilas
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:23 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Ok so I sanded down the blades a bit to make them fit and I ran the motor and half throttle I could feel it was more powerful than before. Unfortunately when I did full throttle the rotor flew out and well it's history.

Any recommendations on Motor/Fan for a Castle 100ESC and 4S 4000mah batteries? I don't feel like messing with SAPAC fans anymore.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,009 Posts
Alright guys. I need serious help!

I WANT to get my new airframe flying. Yes, I STILL haven't rebuilt it! It should be a very quick build because everything is already to just be installed, no adjusting necessary.... BUT I need motivation! for some reason I just can't get motivated to start the damn build!!! =[[[

soo Motivate me please.....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Well im almost done with mine but need someone to cut the canopy for me as i am horrible at all that crap.

Get motivated!

I put my fan on rhe airframe and was getting 800 watts now with a almostndisharged battery. Will tey tomorroq with a full charged batt. Im scared of flying this with less than 1000 watts but ive tried like 3 fans now and same results. Using sapac mb1 and fan. And now im sure its the sapac fan.

Lets see if fully charged i get 1000 watts tomorrow.

Another issue im having is the air hoses for the retracts and brakes interefer with them opening and closing properly. Any tips on how to route them so they dont??
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
Alright guys. I need serious help!

I WANT to get my new airframe flying. Yes, I STILL haven't rebuilt it! It should be a very quick build because everything is already to just be installed, no adjusting necessary.... BUT I need motivation! for some reason I just can't get motivated to start the damn build!!! =[[[

soo Motivate me please.....
LOL!

I have been working on mine to repair a wing that was all but destroyed on a hard landing. With a little one at home I don't have a whole lot of "leisure" building time so it's easy to become discouraged.

What works for me is to just pick up a part and start small. Next thing I know I'm immersed in it and keep at it until I'm tired. I've learned to walk away at that point because that's usually when I start to get frustrated and is very easy to make mistakes.

I've pieced the wing back together and filled the cracks with lightweight spackle. Next comes sanding and re-filling until I achieve an even surface, and will then glass the wing for added strength. I plan on painting it instead of using covering.
therealhiphop is offline Find More Posts by therealhiphop
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:26 PM
Joined Nov 2010
4,009 Posts
the Problem is I will be addicted to building it AFTER all the annoying stuff is done. Such as, cutting the openings for the nose and main gear, cutting and gluing the canopy, etc etc....
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
the Problem is I will be addicted to building it AFTER all the annoying stuff is done. Such as, cutting the openings for the nose and main gear, cutting and gluing the canopy, etc etc....
The good thing is you have already done it once, so now that you know what you're doing it should go much faster. Also, remember all those "oops" moments when you wish you had thought about that ahead of time... Well, here is your chance to get it right.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:05 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Im scared of cuttingmy canopy i already messed up the nose wheel door by going too far back :/ doesnt look terrible but could be better

Just need to souer out th landing gear situarion
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:24 PM
USA, UT, Springville
Joined Dec 2005
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by purcilas View Post
Im scared of cuttingmy canopy i already messed up the nose wheel door by going too far back :/ doesnt look terrible but could be better

Just need to souer out th landing gear situarion
Here's a tip. Cut out the excess plastic first, leaving about an inch from the lines. Then make your cuts just outside the lines and use sand paper to do the final trimming.

I cut the clear part first, glued it to the black backing, then trimmed the excess from the black bottom section following the outline of the clear section. Again, use sand paper to trim the very last edges.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 02:29 PM
Team PAS
United States, MD, Bowie
Joined Mar 2011
456 Posts
Yup i never tried with sandpaper thats why i kept messing other up.

Thanks for the tip.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:03 PM
USA, FL, Gulf Breeze-Harold
Joined Aug 2008
72 Posts
Hello all! I picked up the blue Sapac L-39 last week from java8297 (thanks for the deal!) and have just started the build. I have to say, it's alot more intensive than I thought. So far here's the gear I have for it:
HET 6904/2W-20
80 Amp ESC
9 digital MG servos
Castle BEC pro
Changesun electric retracts
pro edf struts

The retracts are going to require some mods, however i feel it's easier than dealing with a ton of air lines, leaks, and the like. I look forward to getting some pics up here as i get things going. Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread so far, it's a wealth of knowledge! My brain hurts from reading the whole thing!

-Ryan
Rpotter90 is offline Find More Posts by Rpotter90
Old Apr 29, 2012, 04:14 PM
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
1,898 Posts
Sounds like you've got some fun times ahead. Careful with the CG while you're setting it up (not sure if those e-tracts will change anything) - these puppies get snappy when they stall...
One Q, why nine servos? Flaps(2), Ail(2), Rud(1), Elev(1), Nosegear steering(1) - I get 7. Maybe they're for the retracts?
Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
RCG Plus Member