HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2014, 12:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Discussion
My first quadcopter

Hello guys! So here is my first quadcopter I built with a video. The video isn't that good of a quality because it was recorded with my phone. Hope you guys like it

http://youtu.be/8Gee_Okuwl4 video

Pictures - Painted the frame and Turnigy 9x green

Flight Time on one battery:
20 - 30 minutes

Software:
MegapirateNG 3.0.1 R4

Hardware:
1 x Turnigy Voltage Protector operating voltage 3.2v - 11v (1s ~ 3s lipo) capacitor voltage 16v
1 x Turnigy UBEC 5A, output 5v 3A or 6v 3A (set on 6v because of 3.0.1 R4)
2 x Turnigy nano-tech 4500mAh 3S 35~70C Lipo pack
1 x On board lipo voltage alarm (set on 3.8v per cell)
4 x MT2213-935KV MultiStar Motor and Propeller 10-4,5 CW CCW
1 x MultiWii PRO flight controller w/MTK GPS module (red MWPRO)
4 x Turnigy Plush 30amp speed controller
1 x Q450 fiber glass frame

Other hardware:
1 x Turnigy 9x transmitter + 8ch receiver
1 x Turnigy nano-tech 2500mAh 3S1P 5~10C Transmitter Lipo pack
1 x Turnigy 9x LCD backlight white
1 x Turnigy Accucel-6 50W 6A balancer/charger
1 x Hobbyking 60W power supply
1 x Turnigy BESC programmer card
Nylon XT60 connectors male/female
heat shrink tubes
PolyMax 3.5mm gold connectors for the speed controllers

I have read bad and good review about the MultiWii PRO w/MTK GPS.

My own experience:
The MultiWii PRO is not bad, but surely not a good product. The MTK GPS it comes with, doesn't work correctly, have tested it outside with MultiWii PRO and Arduino UNO. Positions aren't that good, outside or inside the house, or open field.

Also whenever I turn on POS Hold, it flies away, or return to home, it flies away. Everything related to the GPS does not work. Also when using ALT hold, it does not stay at the same ALT. I have calibrated it in every different way I found on the net, but still does not work.

The board was only good for flying manually around, so the extra functions it has, like ALT, POS hold, circle around, return to home, etc. do not work correctly. (calibrated everything 100 times, also re-uploaded sketches, flashed freshly, not worked). I removed the GPS, and just fly with it manually all the time.

If you want the best Flight Controller, go with APM or DJI. (my opinion)
F4LLCON is offline Find More Posts by F4LLCON
to remove ads between posts