HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2014, 08:03 AM
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
Sky surfer motor problem

I bought a new sky surfer and noticed my motor is leaning alot to the left. My question is how do you straighten it? Is glued or do I have to seperAte my plane
Billyboy2 is offline Find More Posts by Billyboy2
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2014, 10:09 AM
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
Anybody have any idea as to what I'm supposed to do? Some guys must have upgraded this motor!!
Old May 13, 2014, 10:18 AM
...one of my nicer landings
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Mar 2014
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyboy2 View Post
I bought a new sky surfer and noticed my motor is leaning alot to the left. My question is how do you straighten it? Is glued or do I have to seperAte my plane
Do you mean the motor is secure but pointed left? How far left? If it troubles you, unscrew it from the firewall/motor mount and put a washer (within reason) or shim the firewall or make a new one to straighten it out.
suddenstop is offline Find More Posts by suddenstop
Old May 14, 2014, 12:34 AM
altitude adjustment
USA, CA, Irvine
Joined Mar 2005
506 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Sky Surfer has a built in thrust angle to counter act the forces of a spinning prop. I would try flying it before making any adjustments. It probably faces up a lot also.

Mark
thumbhead is offline Find More Posts by thumbhead
Old May 14, 2014, 03:49 AM
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
well I'm still skeptical about it ...Yes the motor is secure and is pointing left when you look at it from the top angle , You can also see the motor crooked in the fuselage... I don't see any screws at all holding it in place either. wonder if it's only glued in there, but I will try what thumbhead suggested, I will give it a try first to see what it does...And post my results

Thanks for the tips
Old May 18, 2014, 09:48 AM
Joined May 2014
4 Posts
well today was the day for the maiden flight...I had trouble doing the first flight as we're getting a bunch of rain lately and when it's not raining it's too windy..

Anyhow, it did fly pretty descent .... All was going great 'til about 3 minutes of flight , then the prop broke off.Literally broke both ends at the core. I know they're pretty cheap but never would of thought it would break.

What's the best replacement? was thinking of going with a 6 x 4 APC prop....

Thanks a bunch