HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:24 PM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
More weight could help keep it on the water better too, definitely not a bad thing will all the power you have on tap!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 05:28 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,362 Posts
Phil, what you really need is a camera man to get some video of it running on these. It should be wicked and I'd love to see it cranking across the pond.
If worse comes to worse, send me some air fare and I'll come shoot it for you.
bill34207 is offline Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
AT LAST!!!!!! got everything to finnish a good selection of large 2 / 3 blade carbon props once i find a pair that work for me i will change to metal props ( i will start off on 55mm 3 blades on 10s per side and work from there ),

i have made the alloy mounting brackets for the oil cups i will have a nice constant oil feed to my shafts now just need to glass them in and job finnished , i have drilled the water inlets out to increase water flow and chopped the struts back as much as possible to get as close to the transom this will help with turns and reduce porposing
madphil is offline Find More Posts by madphil
Last edited by madphil; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
would love to see an video
stilv is offline Find More Posts by stilv
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Oct 2007
71 Posts
hello Madphil,
these plastic props will not last for long, may be a straight line...with 6 times less power, i broke them.
This morning, I ran my Falcon at 5kg, and it is way tool light at 60 mph, but happy to get this speed with a Tpower 4060L/720, cnc 3 blades 52mm prop, and 12S 5000 20c, turnigy 80Hv;
ok, the solder joints have melted on the motor wires...

good luck with your new setup!
brushman is online now Find More Posts by brushman
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:11 AM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Thanks for the nice comments guys will post video when i can ,

Well i ran it today for the first time it ran very smooth and stable with NO porposing at all and turns like its on rails the extra weight has helped , think i must have the C of G spot on, BUT i am well out on prop choice from start it revs its "nuts" off with the 55mm 3 blade and goes nowhere it takes almost half a lap to get up to speed then it runs great i am now thinking about 62mm 2 blade for my next choice ( any help on this will be most welcome )

Brushman i threw a blade today i was using carbon props to find out what works then i will buy metal props its big money for L/R metal props just to see if it will work

phil
Last edited by madphil; Dec 30, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madphil View Post
Thanks for the nice comments guys will post video when i can ,

Well i ran it today for the first time it ran very smooth and stable with NO porposing at all and turns like its on rails the extra weight has helped , think i must have the C of G spot on, BUT i am well out on prop choice from start it revs its "nuts" off with the 55mm 3 blade and goes nowhere it takes almost half a lap to get up to speed then it runs great i am now thinking about 62mm 2 blade for my next choice ( any help on this will be most welcome )

Brushman i threw a blade today i was using carbon props to find out what works then i will buy metal props its big money for L/R metal props just to see if it will work

phil
Go with x457s Phil...I promise it will be a world of difference, and the octura props aren't expensive. If the props are slipping that bad, 1.4p 2 blade would definitely be the direction to go.
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
By the way...lots of twin cat guys on KBB forum. There are single motor builds, but more twins than anything.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:53 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Very, very nice!
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:23 AM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym View Post
By the way...lots of twin cat guys on KBB forum. There are single motor builds, but more twins than anything.
Thanks Pseudonym what a great forum like you say lots of cats loads of twins (we need BILL on there in the cheetah owners section now )

got some nice big 2 bladers will try again in next few days its got to go with these on
Last edited by madphil; Jan 01, 2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
182 Posts
when u find the right props it may just go into orbit
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:10 AM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madphil View Post
Thanks Pseudonym what a great forum like you say lots of cats loads of twins (we need BILL on there in the cheetah owners section now )
I tried to get in there some time back but got frustrated by the spammer catcher. After about 5 or 6 times of trying unsuccessfully to match the text in the block, gave up.
bill34207 is offline Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 12:26 PM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Had a good run today its looking like my gamble may pay off ( i need approx 70 mph for 5 mins to stand a good chance in this years supercat championship )

after some C of G and strut angle adjustments its now running fast and flat , full throttle from the start it will jump right out of the water but feed the power in smooth its very driveable just a couple of short full throttle bursts is all it needs down the straights not GPS's it yet but it looks well on the pace at about 75 to 85% throttle ,

i had 2 runs today brought it in at 5,1/4 mins there was 19% left in the lipo's and everything cool

once i am happy with race setup i will prop up and see what maximum speed it will do , will get some video at the next race meeting if i can .
Last edited by madphil; Jan 06, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
I tried to get in there some time back but got frustrated by the spammer catcher. After about 5 or 6 times of trying unsuccessfully to match the text in the block, gave up.
You can do it Bill! Give it another shot!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:37 AM
Lets get the HUEY up
bolton england
Joined Jan 2009
235 Posts
Falcon running twin 10s full throttle at the 2013 FE championships last weekend , had a good day untill she got a blow over the hull split in half down the joint so it was game over for that day , no great problem to repair will be up and running in a week
Last edited by madphil; Jun 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM.