HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:27 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,782 Posts
Question
Futaba 10 pin RF module pinout

I bought a couple of Futaba FP-TD-AM RF modules on ebay. I didn't realise they have 10 pins, instead of the 5 pins I'm used to seeing on Futaba / Hitec modules, and they're physically larger, so they don't fit in the hole.

The pins are soldered together in groups, so there are still only 5 connections. Does anyone know which is which?

I found an old, apparently dead thread, where someone had used the case and part of the PCB of one to fit a 2.4GHz module into a transmitter that takes one, but he didn't give the pinouts:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297768

(pictures borrowed from that thread)

Unlike the pictures in that thread, the boards in mine have a shield PCB soldered on, covering the solder side - with just one big copper pad. That makes tracing connections difficult.

The best clue there is the two power connections going to the capacitor holes (top left), in the picture showing a 5 pin connector wired to part of a 10 pin module PCB, but the capacitor that's normally there isn't electrolytic, and the power and ground pins on a modern 5 pin module are 2 and 4, so I'm still not sure which is which in those pictures - flip the module or connector over and they change places.

In other words, I can find the two sets of pins that are ground and power, but I don't know which is which. The positions of the other three connections are even less clear.

Andy2No is online now Find More Posts by Andy2No
Last edited by Andy2No; Oct 09, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts