SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Whoops, I forgot the Borel-Morane, next time..
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
hey guys, any way to change the field of view (FOV)? I think this is something this sim needs, as when Im flying, I don't get a good sense of where the ground or my surrounding is, compared to say Clearview SE.
hypertek is offline Find More Posts by hypertek
Old Mar 06, 2012, 08:57 PM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,687 Posts
Try the BMI version of RCDP and use the "Ground In View" option.
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
Hi guys,

I use a few of these models and I really appreciate the effort that has gone into them.
Right now I'm working towards getting my kids to fly my brushless EasyStar 2 (no ailerons) and my brushless MiniMag (ailerons), both by Multiplex.

MPX has some FMS files on their site, but they pale next to RCDP.

Can anyone create an EasyStar 2? It probably flies similarly to a Parkzone Radian or a BMI Arrow 1400 (without the ailerons, of course).

Donationware would be fine, if necessary.

Thanks,

Paul.
piwikiwi is offline Find More Posts by piwikiwi
Old Apr 01, 2012, 03:10 PM
Flightcom I can't hold it
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2006
76 Posts
EasyStar (blue)

Here is an EasyStar (blue wing version) for RCDP. This is based on a mesh from openpilot.org and with permission, borrowing and modifying some physics from Gary Gunnerson's Hawk Sky 4ch model.

This is a 3ch model that loves to soar and glide.
Wingspan: 54" (1370mm)
Length: 36" (917mm)
Weight: 24 oz (680 g)

The Permax 400 stock motor has a max thrust of about 11 oz. @ 8.4v. This version is more consistent with a brushless/3s lipo setup, with a thrust of about 16 oz. Add more or less depending on the motor you'd like to represent.

Robert

Edit: Graphics for rudder/elevator were reversed! Sorry about that - this version is fixed...
robert.pdx is offline Find More Posts by robert.pdx
Last edited by robert.pdx; Apr 04, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
Hi Robert, thank you very much!

This is great! This is what I needed.

I think a real Easystar probably has less power and more nose-up tendency, but for all intents and purposes this is wonderful.

An Easystar 2 has more power (and nose-up) and has the new, cleaner looks with the white fuselage and decals along with the folding prop. If anyone has a model of an Easystar2, that would still be appreciated.

'Thanks again Robert!

cheers,
Paul.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:50 PM
Occasional RC Pilot
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
Sky Runner from Nine Eagles / Sky Cruiser from Cox

Here is another 3 channel electric glider model.

Nine Eagles Sky Runner and its twin, Cox Sky Cruiser are two identical 3 channel ready-to-fly models made of all EPO. They are perfect for beginners, very stable and extremly durable - although not really unbreakable.
That's why I created an RCDP version of my Sky Runner after I had buckled
its nose on the maiden flight (The buckle evened out over night though).

My Sky Runner is based on the mesh of the Arrow 1400 coming with the BMI version of RCDP. I fiddled a lot to get all the parameters and flying characteristics as close to the real Sky Runner as possible. The Sky Cruiser is identical in all respects except for the skin.

In addition, both packages contain a (hypothetical) float version for use on the lake in BMI Flight Simulator. Just for the fun of it - don't know if takeoff and land on water would work in reality. Gotta give it a try some day, but didn't dare yet.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers, Bayodd

Wing Span: 70 cm (27.5 in)
Length: 51 cm (20 in)
Wing Area: 5.7 dm2 (88 in2)
Weight: 100 grams (3.5 oz)
Battery: 7.4 V, 250 mAh 2-cell LiPo
Bayodd is offline Find More Posts by Bayodd
Last edited by Bayodd; Apr 06, 2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Added a Cox Sky Cruiser skin and a (hypothetical) float version of both models; improved flight characteristics.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:02 PM
Flightcom I can't hold it
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2006
76 Posts
EasyStar graphics fixed

Sorry, the graphics for the EasyStar elevator and rudder were reversed.

I've edited the post so it contains the corrected version. Power has been set to 16 oz. max thrust for this 24 oz. model. Adjust as you see fit.
robert.pdx is offline Find More Posts by robert.pdx
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:35 PM
Occasional RC Pilot
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
Turning an electric foam glider into a seaplane

Hi folks

The Icon A5 inspired me to put the Sky Runner onto the water. And - surprise - at least in the Sim, it works
In reality, I'll wait until the water becomes warmer before I'll give it a try - just in case I'd have to rescue the model...

By the way - after discovering that the Cox Sky Cruiser is identical to the Nine Eagles Sky Runner, I uploaded a second package of the model, containing the Cox' skin.

Get the new versions of my RCDP models from my updated original post. Either package contains two entries to select from: the normal hand-launched version and the floating version.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayodd View Post
Here is another 3 channel electric glider model.

Nine Eagles Sky Runner and its twin, Cox Sky Cruiser are two identical 3 channel ready-to-fly models made of all EPO. They are perfect for beginners, very stable and extremly durable - although not really unbreakable.
That's why I created an RCDP version of my Sky Runner after I had buckled
its nose on the maiden flight (The buckle evened out over night though).

My Sky Runner is based on the mesh of the Arrow 1400 coming with the BMI version of RCDP. I fiddled a lot to get all the parameters and flying characteristics as close to the real Sky Runner as possible. The Sky Cruiser is identical in all respects except for the skin.

In addition, both packages contain a (hypothetical) float version for use on the lake in BMI Flight Simulator. Just for the fun of it - don't know if takeoff and land on water would work in reality. Gotta give it a try some day, but didn't dare yet.

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers, Bayodd

Wing Span: 70 cm (27.5 in)
Length: 51 cm (20 in)
Wing Area: 5.7 dm2 (88 in2)
Weight: 100 grams (3.5 oz)
Battery: 7.4 V, 250 mAh 2-cell LiPo

Ha, too funny....

I was so enthused by your posting that I ended up buying a Sky Runner. Hey, it was on sale for €59 and that includes everything, I'll let my kids mess with it.

Apparently there are some quality issues with some of them, and maybe even some design issues...but it seems like there are some quick fixes out there too.

Are you flying one?

Cheers,
Paul.

P.s: nice work! I can't imagine that the real thing flies this nicely though, my plane is in the mail so I'll have to wait and see.....
Last edited by piwikiwi; Apr 07, 2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Update
Old Apr 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
Occasional RC Pilot
Switzerland, ZH, Zurich
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwikiwi View Post
Ha, too funny....

I was so enthused by your posting that I ended up buying a Sky Runner. Hey, it was on sale for 59 and that includes everything, I'll let my kids mess with it.

Apparently there are some quality issues with some of them, and maybe even some design issues...but it seems like there are some quick fixes out there too.

Are you flying one?

Cheers,
Paul.

P.s: nice work! I can't imagine that the real thing flies this nicely though, my plane is in the mail so I'll have to wait and see.....
Yes, I am flying a Sky Runner. I got mine 10 days ago.

After some trimming it flies quite nicely and is easy to control. See my little report in the Sky Cruiser Review thread.

Glad to hear that you like my sim model Please tell me your opinion of the real model compared to the sim version once you've flown yours.

Cheers, Bayodd
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
Will do!

I posted a reply to your Sky Runner report also: nice review!

Cheers,
Paul.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:53 AM
Joined Sep 2006
7 Posts
White wing and stab

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.pdx View Post
Sorry, the graphics for the EasyStar elevator and rudder were reversed.

I've edited the post so it contains the corrected version. Power has been set to 16 oz. max thrust for this 24 oz. model. Adjust as you see fit.
Hi there,

since I have an Easystar 2 I wanted a model that looked more like it, specifically the wings and stab. Having too much time on my hands I photoshopped a white version from the original components that Robert.pdx provided. If anyone wants it just place this JPEG file ("wing.jpg") in the Easystar folder that comes from Robert.pdx's zip file.

Cheers,
Paul.
Old May 18, 2012, 11:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Orange
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
hi, I've been looking through the forums and I agree with what other people have been saying.......what about some edf planes like an L-39 or a bae hawk......just some suggestions
spitfire1234 is offline Find More Posts by spitfire1234
Old May 19, 2012, 08:09 AM
Bit-Twiddler and Flyer
USA, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2002
1,687 Posts
Hi desk flyers,

Here's a couple more for RCDP.

Grumman F6F Hellcat

SGTalon Imperial Star Destroyer

HobbyZone Firebird Stratos

Good Flying! -- ggunners
ggunners is offline Find More Posts by ggunners
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ggunners; Jun 07, 2012 at 09:27 PM.