Diagnostic screen

http://vimeo.com/10890067

mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:48 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

Were you able to identify which channel corresponded to the Throttle, Aileron, Rudder, Elevators? That's what I meant.

Daniel
Daniel Wee is offline Find More Posts by Daniel Wee
Old Apr 13, 2010, 03:51 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
oh sorry, yes, ch 1 throttle, 2 ail, 3 elev, 4 rudd.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:29 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark and docphi,

Okay, try firmware 5.5 and let me know if that works out.

http://forum.tsebi.com/viewtopic.php...=67&p=780#p780

Edit: Actually, go ahead and use 5.6 instead. That should solve all your problems.

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel Wee; Apr 13, 2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 04:50 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I have response from the 2 output channels now aileron and elevator but only at the end of the travel, I can give full up elevator with no response but down elevator works the last 20% of movement. The same goes for ailerons, full left, nothing, last 20% right moves the servo but not proportionally
Definately getting there.
Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:20 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Still similar problem but if I hold aileron full right I get almost full travel when I operate the elevator but at the end of the stroke the aileron servo moves with elevator control

Thanks

mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:31 AM
Joined Aug 2005
4,093 Posts
mark,

Give 5.7 a try. I further relaxed the PPM validation. All these problems are coming from the PPM checking against glitching that was proposed earlier. I warned at that time that different radios conform to different standards and these problems here are precisely the result of applying stringent PPM frame validation measures. In any case I have further relaxed the criteria - hopefully this now works for you. If not, let me know.

I am not getting any cross-channel effect in my testing. Are you sure it isn't due to mixing in your radio? Does your radio have a servo monitor that you can look at?

Daniel
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:40 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Still not right, same problem, only working at the end of the stroke and channels can move other channels at the extremes.
thanks
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:51 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,958 Posts
"...channels can move other channels ..."
That can explain my menu navigation issues I wrote PM, too...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Apr 13, 2010, 05:54 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark hitchman View Post
Still not right, same problem, only working at the end of the stroke and channels can move other channels at the extremes.
thanks
Heli settings? Exponential? throttle cut? auto-land flaps?

good luck!

I'm getting my DX7 on an oscilloscope this evening to see if anything is coming out.

Mike
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:00 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I have no mixes and I can watch the travels on screen of the DX7 and on the diagnostic screen of the DOSD+ to see the channels that are moving the servos should not be. Be interesting to see your scope traces of the DX7, mine were very low voltage peak to peak with the bottom peak going negative.

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,530 Posts
i didnt exactly follow and i'm not 100% sure its relevant, but FYI the DX7 PPM is troublesome indeed. it's supposed to be JR compatible afaik, but its not always working.
for example flytron's usbtoppm doesn't work with my dx7 but works fine with all my other non spektrum remotes, while the PPM signal is quite similar.

here's some audio screenshot of the ppm stream i was using instead (mostly reversed from looking at the dx7's one over audio):

http://insecure.ws/wp/wp-content/upl...03/ppm_dx7.png

i've to look at the code which generates this again but i think this was the correct screenshot at some point i changed the frame length as it wasn't the one i expected.. might have been 22.0.. but don't have the code here.
jimbob00 is offline Find More Posts by jimbob00
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:18 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Hi Daniel, I downgraded to ver 4.5 firmware and outputs are working with no crossover so I hope that will give you ideas

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2010, 06:21 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob00 View Post
i didnt exactly follow and i'm not 100% sure its relevant, but FYI the DX7 PPM is troublesome indeed. it's supposed to be JR compatible afaik, but its not always working.
for example flytron's usbtoppm doesn't work with my dx7 but works fine with all my other non spektrum remotes, while the PPM signal is quite similar.

here's some audio screenshot of the ppm stream i was using instead (mostly reversed from looking at the dx7's one over audio):

http://insecure.ws/wp/wp-content/upl...03/ppm_dx7.png

i've to look at the code which generates this again but i think this was the correct screenshot at some point i changed the frame length as it wasn't the one i expected.. might have been 22.0.. but don't have the code here.
thanks, that is useful for me as I'm trying to make the DX7 run a dragon link - at the moment it won't even be a "trainer" for my DX6i or an old JR Max66, though I've yet to try it with a mono jack cable. just going to try that now to see if it makes a difference...

I take it the center line is 0v?
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash