SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:44 AM
Joined Jan 2010
398 Posts
Hya - quick question...

I've got an eagle setup (OSD, logger, etc.). The OSD is powered from the flight battery but I'd also connected the backup power to my video battery via an anyvolt (because the backup power needs to be 5V and my video is a 2S lipo).

Now, I read that the anyvolt may cause interference so I'm keen to get rid of it. I also read in the osd manual that you can connect the backup power to one of the receiver channels.

Question: What's the point of connecting the backup power to the receiver as both the OSD and the receiver are powered from the flight battery?

Am I missing something here? Either way, how do people use the backup power connector (and how do they step down the voltage)?

Thanks!
Protocrash is offline Find More Posts by Protocrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:28 AM
Fast and low...
Joined Apr 2009
837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newandaddicted View Post
Hya - quick question...

I've got an eagle setup (OSD, logger, etc.). The OSD is powered from the flight battery but I'd also connected the backup power to my video battery via an anyvolt (because the backup power needs to be 5V and my video is a 2S lipo).

Now, I read that the anyvolt may cause interference so I'm keen to get rid of it. I also read in the osd manual that you can connect the backup power to one of the receiver channels.

Question: What's the point of connecting the backup power to the receiver as both the OSD and the receiver are powered from the flight battery?

Am I missing something here? Either way, how do people use the backup power connector (and how do they step down the voltage)?

Thanks!
AFAIK, the linear regulator on the E-logger v3 hits its current output limit when used with the GPS module and OSD Pro. Connecting receiver power splits the power and enables the system to continue working without the regulator being overloaded.
aa78 is offline Find More Posts by aa78
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:29 AM
Still flying
Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonballer View Post
Check these:

1) you have main battery connected to elogger

2) you have thrott from ESC plugged into the Throt out on OSD PRO

3) you have CAM and power connected to Vid IN...and VTX connected to Vid OUT...Note: power can also we connected to Vid OUt. since the power is passthrough. But only one or the other.

4) you may also want to try connnecting a backup battery or USB for additional power to the OSD USB port.

all I can think off...hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr..speed View Post
make sure your osd aux channels move from -100% to +100% when switched, connect a servo to test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumamike View Post
Are you using the UBC/BEC from the Plush 80 amp ESC to power the data logger servo's out and OSD servos out, along with the Receiver voltage. I found that the GPS will not work if voltage in is higher than 5.2 volts. GPS will work with 4.8 - 5.2 volts.
If you isolate the receiver to it's own voltage source and power the servo's, GPS, OSD, Data logger with there own power source. Hope this helps. YumaMike
Hi Guys
I've fixed it. After going through the diagram, following cables i found a cable(GND) from the insulation from the GPS cable(USB) that i had soldered to the video battery's - pole. I removed the cable and the menu is not appearing anymore. Why it worked i dont know, maybe you guys are more knowledged in electronics than i am.
I now will work on getting the menu to show when using the three position switch.

Thanks guys.

Jorn
Ramnes is offline Find More Posts by Ramnes
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:08 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Dec 2007
17 Posts
Every Thing is working Great

I have been there and done that each time, "read the manual", ET does a great job on the updates to all the manuals.

I Program the radio’s throttle failsafe as described in the manual.
I Set the “Select Desired Safety Mode” menu item in the Safety Mode menu to “Return to Home”. Just like in the manual.
I Set the “Choose Model Control Type” to either “Standard”
I Set the “Choose Receiver Type” to “PCM/FS” in the same menu
I Set “Number Failsafe Chans on RX” to “1 FS Chns” in the same menu

All functions and the flight simulator works for checkout and setup.
The RTH function works and the fail safe mode is activated with throttle back,stop,down, and no stick movements for about 2-3 seconds. this will activate the fail safe and set the RTH for the neutral flight attitude.

Now all is up to the actual flight of the Telemaster.

YumaMike
yumamike is offline Find More Posts by yumamike
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:47 PM
Whats the wrst that can happn?
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Sorry I have a repeat question but can't remember/find the resolution:

My RSSI numbers are showing like 1 or 7, instead of like 92 or 100?

How do I fix that?

Details:
- Connected Scherrer LR UHF Rx RSSI out pin to the center pin for Temp1 eLogger V4
- OSD Pro set to use Temp1 as RSSI
- Ran Safety Wizard (ie Tx off and then back on etc)
- Doing this all in the house...no GPS lock, if that even matters
AdamChicago is offline Find More Posts by AdamChicago
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:50 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
I'm not getting the ARROW symbol in the middle of the screen when running the simulator??

The airspeed is registering movement with throttle input, and the home arrow I placed at the top of the screen changes direction...but now ARROW representing the simulator plane?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
CaliDave, sorry for the RTH throttle issue you are having. Please let us know if it repeats after your changes & we'll investigate further.

Hugo, thanks for the additional information. The WDR600 should be here soon and we'll investigate further.

newandaddicted, re backup power, you should not need it assuming you have an eLogger V4, and assuming you are not powering the eLogger V4 with a pack greater than 4S.

AdamChicago, there was an issue that we fixed since 9.13 that could cause RSSI to not display correctly with a particular receiver (which one it was slips my mind). Are you running software version 9.57 or later? Re the radar symbol with simulator, just make sure you have selected the radar symbol for display, and it should show up.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:14 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Where do I find firmware update 9.57? I went to the ET Support page and it has 9.13 and 9.85...then I paged through a bunch of pages on this thread and still cannot find it.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

AdamChicago, there was an issue that we fixed since 9.13 that could cause RSSI to not display correctly with a particular receiver (which one it was slips my mind). Are you running software version 9.57 or later? Re the radar symbol with simulator, just make sure you have selected the radar symbol for display, and it should show up.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Adam, 9.85 is our latest beta software and also has the RSSI fix.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:24 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Gotcha...thanks
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:04 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Ok still having simulator problems as described above...no change.

I've upgraded to the new firmware version 9.85, made sure the RADAR is selected to be on screen but still no arrow for the simulator, nor no altitude changes.

In the simulator the altitude isn't working and I think maybe the arrow is there but it's hidden by the center circle. Because the simulator isn't registering altitude changes the arrow hasn't left the circle yet...I think. I confirmed the elevator channel is correctly wired to the OSD Pro Elevator-in and the OSD Pro Elevator-out goes to the correct elevator servo and the servo functions with stick inputs.

FYI this all works on my Zephyr OSD Pro setup, but not on this new Skywalker setup.
Last edited by AdamChicago; Aug 11, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:39 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChicago View Post
Ok still having simulator problems as described above...no change.

I've upgraded to the new firmware version 9.85, made sure the RADAR is selected to be on screen but still no arrow for the simulator, nor no altitude changes.

In the simulator the altitude isn't working and I think maybe the arrow is there but it's hidden by the center circle. Because the simulator isn't registering altitude changes the arrow hasn't left the circle yet...I think. I confirmed the elevator channel is correctly wired to the OSD Pro Elevator-in and the OSD Pro Elevator-out goes to the correct elevator servo and the servo functions with stick inputs.

FYI this all works on my Zephyr OSD Pro setup, but not on this new Skywalker setup.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8872

I wish I could help you Adam, but it is something that I have never seen.

Have you rerun the servo analysis wizzard, and maybe tried a reinstall and re-setup? Sorry I can't be much help.

FYI,

everytime I run simulator, my trim is different than actual, so it wants to dive in the sim, but the RTH still works. I just have to pull back to gain altitude in the sim.

If I trim the model for the sim, then my trim is set to climb on the plane, so I just pull back, and gain altitude, then test RTH.

I haven't run sim for a while though.

Mike
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Aug 12, 2011, 04:47 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
Thanks for the reply m_beeson, I've run and run re-run the servo wizard maybe a dozen times now...I just can't figure out why the elevator servo functions but the simulator doesn't show altitude changes nor can I see the airplane arrow...ugh!

Just phoned-in a support request with ET...I must have gremlins because I couldn't even get the ET support ticket website to work, so I had to call LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8872

I wish I could help you Adam, but it is something that I have never seen.

Have you rerun the servo analysis wizzard, and maybe tried a reinstall and re-setup? Sorry I can't be much help.

FYI,

everytime I run simulator, my trim is different than actual, so it wants to dive in the sim, but the RTH still works. I just have to pull back to gain altitude in the sim.

If I trim the model for the sim, then my trim is set to climb on the plane, so I just pull back, and gain altitude, then test RTH.

I haven't run sim for a while though.

Mike
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:07 PM
Chicago, IL USA
Joined May 2010
2,694 Posts
FIXED MY SIMULATOR & RSSI PROBLEMS...WOOHOO!!!!

All it took was resetting everything to factory defaults and starting from scratch. Don't know if I made some bad settings or if the OSD board code was some how cross contaminated with the old firmware version even though my PC had the new version or what...but now it works:

- OSD Pro Simulator - WORKS!
- RSSI - WORKS!
Last edited by AdamChicago; Aug 12, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:58 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
Hi Bill,

Have you had any reports of problems with the waypoints being lost when loading a configuration file? I can enter two waypoints, click ok and then return to the 'Choose Parameters to Display on Video OSD' and the two waypoints are still there.

While on the first waypoint to the left of the 'Next >' button if I do 'Load Configuration' and then click 'Next >' waypoint two goes to 0. If I'm on the third waypoint and do the load both will go to zero as I click 'Next >' .

I looked in the file and the two waypoints are there. I'm on version 9.84.

Steve
Can someone else tell me if their waypoints can be loaded from a save file? I just upgraded to 9.85 and they won't. The save file from 9.84 has the lat/long values but the waypoints stay at zero when I load the file. When I save the new settings file it saves the lat/longs as 0.

Thanks,
Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73