HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:00 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Question
Engine Mounts....

Hey all. I have been looking around for a good mount for this 750, I just don't like the stock one and I can see a small crack in it so there's no way I'm going to trust it. I ordered and received these yesterday http://dreamworksrc.com/catalog/turb...rge-p-291.html Has anyone used these? Any problems? They seem to be a lot nicer mount than the stock one's. Thanks.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:16 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Cracked mount?? That's not a normal problem since there isn't any vibration.

Anyway... the one you got from DreamWorks is what I normally see on a RAM. The clamp style is what is mostly used. Just don't over-tighten the clamps. You don't want to crush the engine housing.

What did you decide on for a model? Did you get the Elan?
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:05 AM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Hi Dr. The Elan for sure. Already saved 1/2 the $$$. I have enough now to get the others if I decided to but gona hold off and get what I really want.

Oh, and it's not the mount it's self that's cracked but the little screw tab where it is attached to the strap. It looks like it's been welded back on and there is a crack in the weld.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:34 PM
Cudahy, WI, USA
Joined Jul 2005
29 Posts
On those straps there is a nut soldered to the back of the strap. On mine the solder cracked frequently. It is nothing to worry about, the solder is only there to hold the nut so you don't loose it. If you are worried about it, put some solder flux on it and heat it up to reflow the solder. As long as the strap itself does not have a crack in it. The crack usually means that you are over tightening the strap. Snug is all it takes.
On mine I did remachine the radius of the mounts to exactly match the OD of my engine. This is not necessary but just makes me feel better.
Flyinfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyinfool
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:16 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,261 Posts
Those are what Im using on my 750
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!