HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:36 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Anyone knows if the new version charger for the V911 helicopter works to charge the batteries we use in these planes (Champ, T-28, MSR, etc)
Unfortunately, it does not. The connector looks like a Eflite pico/UM connector but it is about 2x the width. I have not yet determined what kind of plug will fit this in order to make an adapter that would work.
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 06:47 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post
How long were you flying at 30 degree's at 750 that is going to be a lot colder and a lot shorter in battery life? 4 minutes to get up, rest must been coasting home, Did you hit lvc?
I actually probably had a ton of juice left to be honest. I was using the MA 190's and it just climbed and climbed pretty easy. I had read on this board in the past about cold weather flying, so I had the battery in my pocket to keep it warm before the attempt.

I have flown a similar flight in the summertime and got a good 10 minutes of flight time without hitting lvc.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:14 AM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Anyone knows if the new version charger for the V911 helicopter works to charge the batteries we use in these planes (Champ, T-28, MSR, etc)

i just saw it , charges 2 batts and its really cheap in online stores (around 4$) , it would be fantastic to make a multicharger feed by a LiPo

http://img.imgur.com/JumhyyU.jpg
It appears that this charger is for the mCPX batteries connection. I use the mCPX batteries, but this is the first I've seen this charger. I wouldn't buy this, though. For that price, I would suspect a fire hazard.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:06 AM
Like a Tortoise
Joined Jan 2013
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
I actually probably had a ton of juice left to be honest. I was using the MA 190's and it just climbed and climbed pretty easy. I had read on this board in the past about cold weather flying, so I had the battery in my pocket to keep it warm before the attempt.

I have flown a similar flight in the summertime and got a good 10 minutes of flight time without hitting lvc.
thank you, for your response, looking forward to your next flight if capturing the moment on film?
hare is offline Find More Posts by hare
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:04 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
Hey Hare, no flight report this morning?
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:17 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Hey Hare, no flight report this morning?
Yeah, what Lee said
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:36 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Hare, you've aged?
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
I'm new to the hobby and own a HZ Champ, well just the electronics to be exact because I totalled my champ trying to bring it down from the tree. Anyways, I'm doing a full restoration on it. Any good upgrades I should do while I'm at it? Here's a quick video on the first flight and death of the champ.

Hz Champ First flight (1 min 12 sec)
JNS_TECH is offline Find More Posts by JNS_TECH
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
Like a Tortoise
Joined Jan 2013
144 Posts
Am sure we all been there, and done that. With all that room, and to avoid the issue would have been easy to walk to the center of the field. I learned if the wind is blowing to the left I go more to the right....

You could have been more to your left, to kept out of the Evil dead's tree's. keep us posted of your repairs? Best of luck with the build? .
hare is offline Find More Posts by hare
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:23 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNS_TECH View Post
I'm new to the hobby and own a HZ Champ, well just the electronics to be exact because I totalled my champ trying to bring it down from the tree. Anyways, I'm doing a full restoration on it. Any good upgrades I should do while I'm at it? Here's a quick video on the first flight and death of the champ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVwx...wRslbw&index=1
WOW, bummer man. You don't have a retrieval kit to get your Champ out of trees?

Welcome to RCG

Mike.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:27 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hare View Post
thank you, for your response, looking forward to your next flight if capturing the moment on film?
You are welcome and I sure hope to! My YouTube channel currently has no Champ videos, so if my buddies can help a GBLynden out, then it will be a great moment caught on video.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
Joined Jan 2012
34 Posts
So I have been flying the HZ Champ for about a year now. I have gone through two wings and two fuse's. I was flying yesterday and took along a friend that is interested in the hobby. I got the champ in the air and showed him some basic flight moves. I handed over the tx and he flew for about a min or two and I turn my back to grab some more batts..... then SPLAT..... right into the concrete. He managed to hit the only little bit of paved road that was around us..

Anyway, I ordered a new wing, fuse, fin, and rutter. So while waiting I decided to see if i could put the electronics to use. This is what I came up with... I will be flying it today. I tried to keep the weight close to the Champs weight.

Has anyone else used Champ parts for another plane?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
trout911 is offline Find More Posts by trout911
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:28 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,142 Posts
That looks great Trout. Can't wait to hear how it flies. Good luck. Ohh, and "no" none of us has ever thought of using a champs guts on something else. haha. ahahahahaha
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
WOW, bummer man. You don't have a retrieval kit to get your Champ out of trees?

Welcome to RCG

Mike.
Never thought about it, I'm definitely getting my self something. Thanks.
JNS_TECH is offline Find More Posts by JNS_TECH
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:08 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNS_TECH View Post
Never thought about it, I'm definitely getting my self something. Thanks.
Many of us has a ball of twine or fishing line. Tie a small weight at the end and toss (or shoot it up with a slingshot) up and over the branch. Then you tie a stronger line (like clothes line) onto the fishing line and pull it up over the branch. Now you have a good strong line to shake the living hell out of the branch until she spits your model out

I never leave home without my retrieval kit...lol

Mike.