HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Who thinks Durafly should make a 1/10th scale BF-109G?
Yes 21 80.77%
No 5 19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
Foam Wrecker
United States, NY, West Babylon
Joined May 2012
118 Posts
Poll
Who thinks Durafly should make a 1/10th scale BF-109G?

FMS makes a 1400mm one so it seems there would be some logic to Durafly offering a 1100-1200mm version. Anyone agree? I would LOVE for this to be offered since Parkzone discontinued theirs.
voidmix is offline Find More Posts by voidmix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:13 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Ummmmm....... FMS is not the only foamie me-109G
Dynam has a 1200mm size
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy8951-bf109-arf.html
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:18 PM
Foam Wrecker
Joined May 2012
118 Posts
Yeah, I know about the Dynam but from what I've read (and seen) I'm not a fan though I've never owned one. I got the Dynam retracts for my PZ 109 to try out and they stink. Half the time only one works so it is an exercise in futility. What I might do is get a Dynam airframe and put better electronics and retracts in it...

I'd value hearing other opinions on the Dynam model.

I'm suggesting Durafly do one because I, along with many others, have been very happy with FMS/Durafly products lately. They've really stepped it up.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:24 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
I would not agree with your assessment of the dynam gear.
Ive got the ME-262 and have not had any issues whatsoever with the retracts....and my 262 is overbuilt with a much hotter setup increasing the weight a good deal.

Ive got a few FMS planes also and the gear on the fw-190 is a bit sloppy.

Too each his own.....might try a dynam first before overlooking them.

Anyway.....maybe Durafly will...since they just brought out the me-110 not long ago.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:36 AM
Joined Jul 2011
196 Posts
I'd buy that. Even an "E" model would be nice.
dudewheresmyhuri is offline Find More Posts by dudewheresmyhuri
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:34 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidmix View Post
FMS makes a 1400mm one so it seems there would be some logic to Durafly offering a 1100-1200mm version. Anyone agree? I would LOVE for this to be offered since Parkzone discontinued theirs.
that would be only 1000mm, kinda small to put all the good stuff they have put in their MK24 spitty and P-51 (flaps and retracts)

Might have to make it closer to 1/9th, but yes, I am in! I have an old PZ BF-109G airframe I will eventually mod to make it "look right" and add at least e-tracts.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:47 PM
Foam Wrecker
Joined May 2012
118 Posts
1/9th would be fine by me, just something in the park flyer range. Tom, have you flown a PZ 109? If/when you do you may not want to fly anything else, it's a beautiful airframe, especially with retracts. If you want to sell yours let me know.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
LOL. Yes Void....many of us that's been around awhile have flown the PZ me-109. I imagine, like myself, the airframe Tom Hunt has on hand is most probably a backup.
I still have a backup airframe NIB.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 05:23 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
I have flown the PZ109, but not my own and I only have one airframe. I started doing some work to it to fix the canopy (too narrow) and added a tank drop, but then I got sidelined by other projects.

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:03 PM
Foam Wrecker
Joined May 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq View Post
I still have a backup airframe NIB.
Wanna sell it?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
She had been a great flying bird so far with no complaints.

Quote:
Yeah, I know about the Dynam but from what I've read (and seen) I'm not a fan though I've never owned one. I got the Dynam retracts for my PZ 109 to try out and they stink. Half the time only one works so it is an exercise in futility. What I might do is get a Dynam airframe and put better electronics and retracts in it...

I'd value hearing other opinions on the Dynam model.

I'm suggesting Durafly do one because I, along with many others, have been very happy with FMS/Durafly products lately. They've really stepped it up.
rouge1 is offline Find More Posts by rouge1
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:37 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Wanna sell it?
Maybe? What you offer?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:51 PM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,079 Posts
I also have a hopped up Parkzone 109.Flies great! Looks great,but I have not added retracts so it is a belly lander.I do enjoy it though.I also have flaps but don't use them.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Oct 30, 2013, 06:21 AM
So where does this bit go???
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined May 2011
615 Posts
Yes please.

I too have the PZ 109 and have tweaked it a bit with some flaps (only outer at the moment) and retracts. Currently my oldest/ longest serving plane I think?

Its a great flying and great looking plane, although it behaves a bit like a drunk on stilts when on the ground!

Current plans are to get it in the hanger for a mild make over this winter, and to do some repairs to a bit of battle damage picked up along the way. PZ foam seems to be a lot more "Fragile" than the Durafly/FMS foam.

I'd be very interested in a Durafly model, and The 'E' model BoB would be great, or even one of the later F or G ones if they can't do an E. The 1100 or 1200mm (1/9) span would fit my requirements, and the prospect of flaps, retracts and lights at a competitive price would be just too much to resist.

Even better would be to offer one in a basic colour scheme (Splinter over light blue, with just the top of the fuselage spine with camo(splinter) on it) with a decal set for us to apply, similar to those included in the plastic model kits (Revell, Tamiya, Etc Etc??).
This would then give us options for various planes to choose from. I would love that! That would also allow the super detail guys a much easier start to a bit of kit bashing??

Stuart, could you sort this out for us by Christmas?? Ha ha..... no pressure there eh?

Redzed9 is offline Find More Posts by Redzed9
Last edited by Redzed9; Oct 30, 2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 06:25 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,772 Posts
I'd rather have a E model too
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK