HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:39 PM
ago involo ergo sum
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Joined Dec 2000
413 Posts
Discussion
PL8 balance charge TP packs with two balance leads

Guys - sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but what balance adapters should I get in order to charge the pack pictured below? (Is this what's called a 'split' pack?)

It's a ThunderPower 6S pack with one TP 3S connector & 1 TP 5S connector with only 4 cells wired in.

How do I use two (TP) safe parallel adapters when the pack only has 1 pair of main discharge leads? There doesn't seem to be a matching wiring diagram in either the PL8 or the Safe parallel Adapters guide.
MikeAnderson is offline Find More Posts by MikeAnderson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:35 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,247 Posts
You can daisy chain these together. One per pack you want to charge in parallel

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...rallel-Adapter

Or you can purchase TP to JST-XH adapters and use the MPA. FMA doesn't sell these, but they are all over the place. The last batch I received was from HK.
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:38 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnderson View Post
Guys - sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but what balance adapters should I get in order to charge the pack pictured below? (Is this what's called a 'split' pack?)
No, that's not a split pack. A split pack would have two sets of main leads coming from it.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic