HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:26 PM
nja
Vero Beach, Florida USA
Joined Aug 2010
166 Posts
Hello Bill,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, I'm looking forward to more of your flight videos.

Take care,
Nils
nja is offline Find More Posts by nja
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:10 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,231 Posts
Hello to all friends at r/ c groups I'm going home for the next stage of my recovery. I'm rather weak and feel like a wet noodle. But been home with friend like you and family will make things go easier getting tired all ready so thanks again.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is online now Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:30 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leics
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
best wishes from the midlands uk

take it steady bill
it will still be here when your ready
m8
dave p
dave peers is offline Find More Posts by dave peers
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:53 PM
Wallingford, Ct
Joined Sep 2001
1,934 Posts
Bill,

I noticed your location and last name. Bu any chance are you kin to Link(Wilfred) of Schenectady? Be glad you didn't have a knee done.

Al
Al M is offline Find More Posts by Al M
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:27 AM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOOMNI View Post
Bill I hope you have a speedy recovery. Your presence on this forum is very important to me and to many others on this forum. !! This area of RC is very important to me and you are a big part of it.

Turboomni
ditto ...dont know ya but from fellow modeler get better NOW lol
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:27 PM
Greece, Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Thouria
Joined Oct 2010
84 Posts
Bill, Best wishes for a speedy recovery,I wish you this problem to be your last in your hygiene.
Friendly yours
Fanis.
F.FANIS is offline Find More Posts by F.FANIS
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:58 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,231 Posts
Hi you all:
I had my operation on Jan. 17th and have been home scenes Jan. 21 st. As far as the mechanics of the operation go all went as planed and that the old broken parts were replaced and seem to be working fine. I was a bit weak after the operation but was able to work through that and am able to get around with the use of a cane. Was looking forward and moving on till last week when I went to get the staples out and they found an infection in the wound !! . Started on antibiotics and call back in a few days and we will go from there said the Dr. Well he is not one to let this slide and acts aggressively in this situation. He doesn't like the way things look , ssssoooooo back in the hospital we go so he can open me up wash the wound and if he has to dissemble the ball and cup clean them reassemble insert antibiotic beeds that dissolve in time and close. And be put on a ragimine of antibiotics. Then we can start the road back to recovery all over AGAIN ! Well all I can say is I have a great support team in my family and Dr.s and great friends like you all and day after day can't wait to. Catch up on all the chatter, So I will have to put off getting back to the work shop for a bit longer , but I Shall Return !
Keeping you posted and checking in every day.

A bit more Grumpy than usual,
BILL PETTIT.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Feb 2012
876 Posts
Sorry to hear the glue did not set as planed Bill ,I can imagine the stress off having to go back in and endure all that remedial work , sounds a bit like getting an autogyro to fly lol.
Take care of your self and lets hope you are coming up to form for the new season.

Regards

Tom.
Tom Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tom Wright
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leics
Joined Feb 2010
47 Posts
Mud Duck

I think u should change yer handle from mud duck to ZIPPY Tee Hee !
Get well soonest m8
All the best from me n mine
Regards Dave
dave peers is offline Find More Posts by dave peers
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:52 PM
Lets make it remote control!!!
USA, FL, St Augustine
Joined Jun 2009
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Duck Bill View Post
Hi you all:
I had my operation on Jan. 17th and have been home scenes Jan. 21 st. As far as the mechanics of the operation go all went as planed and that the old broken parts were replaced and seem to be working fine. I was a bit weak after the operation but was able to work through that and am able to get around with the use of a cane. Was looking forward and moving on till last week when I went to get the staples out and they found an infection in the wound !! . Started on antibiotics and call back in a few days and we will go from there said the Dr. Well he is not one to let this slide and acts aggressively in this situation. He doesn't like the way things look , ssssoooooo back in the hospital we go so he can open me up wash the wound and if he has to dissemble the ball and cup clean them reassemble insert antibiotic beeds that dissolve in time and close. And be put on a ragimine of antibiotics. Then we can start the road back to recovery all over AGAIN ! Well all I can say is I have a great support team in my family and Dr.s and great friends like you all and day after day can't wait to. Catch up on all the chatter, So I will have to put off getting back to the work shop for a bit longer , but I Shall Return !
Keeping you posted and checking in every day.

A bit more Grumpy than usual,
BILL PETTIT.
well thats bad news.......hope they get ya fixed up this time ....recommend some mercury brand epoxy to him lol
abletowinginc is offline Find More Posts by abletowinginc
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:38 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,827 Posts
We all hope that you are feeling a lot better soon Bro..................
Chris.................
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:21 PM
Sky's not the limit, ground is
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Dec 2007
855 Posts
Sounds to me like they used two parts of part A instead of equal amounts of part A and part B. I'm glad I never do that....., much......., anymore. Wait, did I already put part B in? Why did I mix epoxy? I can't find both pieces to glue together. Oh, I know, I was supposed to mix resin and that's 5to1 ratio....or was it 4to1? I should have cut the fiberglass first! OMG! Where's my keys?

Get well soon Bill.
skydanz is offline Find More Posts by skydanz
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:49 AM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,687 Posts
Best wishes Bill, hope you have a nice speedy recovery
take it easy,
mark
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:49 AM
What could possibly go wrong!!
In Bedfordshire, UK.
Joined Oct 2008
666 Posts
Hey Bill, we told you not to use that cheap Cyno, the joints just fall apart when they are overstressed

You will be back in that workshop in no time, very best regards.

Chas
Gyrocopter is offline Find More Posts by Gyrocopter
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:23 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,231 Posts
Just came back from the Dr. Office and things are looking good he likes the way it is healing and I am now walking only with the the aide of a cane. P/T is working the mussels and they seem to be responding well, got the ok to navigate stairs and ok to drive as long as I don't over do it. Will taper off the good meds. bit by bit so I can drive and so I can consintrate on things a little longer than 2min.s at a time. Some good news goes a long way, one of my best days since this ordeal started back in Oct.
I have so many to thank for all their help and for all of your good wishes they also help me along. Thank you all so much !!

Bill
RCG Plus Member