SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:50 PM
loopit
oregon
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Help!
first gyro plane

I picked this plane up used, I have no plans or manual,or even a name, it has a os 25, I could use sum help with cg .radio programing,cyclic inputs,is rotor tilt front and rear the elevator stick ?
Thanks dennis
loopit is offline Find More Posts by loopit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:04 PM
AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK....!
Omaha Millard, Nebraska, United States
Joined Sep 2004
4,067 Posts
I'm not sure what it is, but it looks like it should fly! Those blades are nice. Noticed they are going clockwise.
I'm not sure exactly what the hang angle should be, but I would start with about 10 degrees...which means pick it up by the rotor and the nose should point down at 10-13 degrees.

Blades leaning back at about 8 degrees.
Down thrust on motor about 4-6 degrees.
And pray!

You don't want a lot of right and left movement but back movement, you want enough to trim it out and fly it.

This is definitely one of those autogyros you'll want to just hop it up and see what happens. I would trim your blades slightly right....about two degrees down to the right when you are standing behind the model. When you take off it's going to want to roll right so hold it the blades level till you take off.

Good luck!
Joe
jodini is online now Find More Posts by jodini
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:01 PM
loopit
oregon
Joined Dec 2006
11 Posts
Thanks joe for the settings that will help a lot,I am sure the cg is important,
I"ll give a try later this week and report back .

Thanks dennis
loopit is offline Find More Posts by loopit
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:16 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,903 Posts
Hi Dennis,
To me it looks like a 'DC Gyro' designed by Emilio Cabezas, I think there was an article on it in RCM magazine in January 1998, this design has been copied several times but I think what you have is the original design.

Plan is still available here

https://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?m...cbhiov7vi18fj0

It gives you the rotor diameter etc so a quick measure up will tell you whether it is roughly the same.

Regards

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Sep 2004
4,067 Posts
Rich...you the man! That's got to be the one.
Dennis, I would just put the battery in the front and let us know what the hang angle is. More than likely the guy had it all set up....unless he didn't fly it at all?

Joe
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Nov 2006
109 Posts
Looks like a DC Gyro designed by Emilio Cabezas. Full information in RC Modeller magazine, January 1998 issue. Maybe someone has this and is able to help.
Colin Duthie
Colin Duthie is offline Find More Posts by Colin Duthie
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Nov 2006
109 Posts
Sorry for duplicating the information already given above. Missed that at first1
The hub design shown on the plan did not last long for me, I now use polypropylene plastic as a hinge, Blades set at no negative incidence but have 15 degrees `delta` angle. Same type of hub can be seen on Youtube ubder `tintrax`.
Colin Duthie
Colin Duthie is offline Find More Posts by Colin Duthie
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Sep 2004
4,067 Posts
Hey Colin....good to have you back on the autogyro forum!
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
York England
Joined Jul 2002
589 Posts
Hi,
I am sure I have a copy of the magazine article at home. Unfortunately, away in New Zealand till 8 Jan. I will have a look whenI get home if you interested. bill
gyronuts is offline Find More Posts by gyronuts