HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:22 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
Great Planes Ultra-Micro 30mm F-86 Sabre EDF, TX-R with ANYLINK!

This is the new ultra micro F-86 Sabre by Great Planes. It just hit store shelves a few days ago and is sold out across the nation. I happened across one this weekend @ my LHS and had to give it a shot!

I can report that it flies very well and is something truly unique in the world of EDF's. Tracking is straight as an arrow, and the roll rate is impressive. Beware the "Sabre Dance" - The stall on this one is truly nasty.

I'm selling it primarily because I love touch-and-gos, but this Sabre does not! I must have bounced 5 landings trying to tame this little beast, but my paved "runway" is not the smoothest surface in the world, and it was a little too rough for regular, glassed landings. The plane sustained some cosmetic damage in various places (Mostly tail section and port wingtip) from my landing attempts, but nothing serious at all and I reinforced the affected areas appropriately. It wants to be a belly lander, and if that's your thing - this one's for you!

Also includes the revolutionary ANYLINK device (Spektrum/JR version - May work for others too, but its on you to check that out) which works off of your transmitter's trainer port to control the model without needing to change radio types. I flew this with my JR9303 and it worked like a champ! Pretty cool little gadget and it will allow you to fly all future TX-R releases.

You'll get the Sabre, painted/installed pilot figure, the carrying case/box, ANYLINK, instructions, battery, charger with auto cigarette lighter adapter, and the landing gear.

$120 shipped anywhere in the CONUS, Paypal only please. Thanks for looking!
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Last edited by Roswalt; Feb 22, 2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Price drop
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:59 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,079 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
how did you get this so soon? tower says late march!
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:59 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
This is one of the few advance jets that got through a little early!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
Jimfrisky
United States, CA, Simi Valley
Joined Jan 2001
432 Posts
Trader Rating: 35
Put tiny flaps on it ?
JIMFRISKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMFRISKY
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
338 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
I don't understand this "anylink" --- why won't this just bind up to a JR/Spek TX?
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Feb 21, 2012, 02:39 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,444 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinfred View Post
I don't understand this "anylink" --- why won't this just bind up to a JR/Spek TX?
Just use your own JR RX.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Oct 2008
338 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Then what's all the rigimarall about?!?!?
Kevinfred is offline Find More Posts by Kevinfred
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:13 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
The anylink system basically allows a DSM2 or FAAST transmitter to talk to the pre-installed sub-micro receiver onboard the F-86 (Or other Great planes TX-R aircraft) which uses a different transmission type. It would be akin to being able to fly a BNF ultra-micro from parkzone using a Futaba 7C. Without a conversion device of some kind, your Futaba would be unable to do anything for your new BNF UM -- It's receiver isn't speaking the same language.

Think of Anylink as a translator for your transmitter!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:58 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
Any takers @ $120 shipped?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
337 Posts
Trader Rating: 51
How much was it new?
kissfan is online now Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:30 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
If you can find one in stock somewhere, the sticker was $140, so around $150 out the door. The Anylink is $30 by itself, but there was a promo going on to get this unit tossed in for free at the time of purchase.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:33 AM
USA, KY, Letcher
Joined Feb 2005
30 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
I think that promo goes on till the end of april for the free anylink. If you were in the click you could get one about $30 cheaper for the first few units than the sticker. If you want one of these edf jets now this is a really good deal cause it'll be till prob last of march before you can buy them in stores.
redrob is offline Find More Posts by redrob
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:25 AM
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,079 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
where do i get a new one now?
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
928 Posts
You can try a local hobby shop in your area, but odds are great that there will not be one on the shelf because of how far initial demand outstripped initial supply. Give them a call and see!

The next step is to either buy this one (or another if someone else puts theirs for sale here) which isn't too far from new and is cheaper to boot, or wait for tower hobbies to get them in stock later on in March. I don't think there are any other mass in-stock options right now, but I could be wrong!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
4,048 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
where do i get a new one now?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20828724
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Closed Thread