HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2011, 02:18 PM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Tiger Moth EPO

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19451

It looks sweet on the pictures...what are your opinions?

One thing though...It should have a pilot! Scott, is that something you could arrange? Or at least recommend one of the existing pilots that fits it on the product page.

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6 Posts
Yes it looks very nice. I just ordered one today and can't wait to fly it. Like you said there should be a pilot but I guess it's not to hard to find one that will fit in the plane.

Have anyone tried it yet? Any reports or videos?

SuperSpiff
SuperSpiff is offline Find More Posts by SuperSpiff
Old Aug 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
flying since 2000
Winterthur ZH, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2009
517 Posts
Here is a video where the yellow Tiger Moth takes part in.
Tiger Moth - HobbyKing Skunkwerks Series (3 min 7 sec)

I like the looks of it very much, and apparently it does fly well. I just ordered a Cougar from HK, I'd feel kinda weird to order two planes in two packages in such a short time frame
sfluck is offline Find More Posts by sfluck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying the Spider X on the...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 05:52 PM
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Jul 2007
223 Posts
i just pulled the trigger on one, my wife doesn't know yet
pommie is offline Find More Posts by pommie
Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,572 Posts
If I did that Pommie, my wife would surprise me with divorce papers. Good luck bro!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:11 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
I'll give you guys the cockpit dimensions today.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:07 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Just checked cockpit, 42mm square, so loads of room for a scale pilot or two.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 09:25 PM
Australia, WA, Midland
Joined Jul 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
If I did that Pommie, my wife would surprise me with divorce papers. Good luck bro!
Divorce papers i never thought of that ... if i get away with this one i hope the spad takes a while to come out that way she will have forgoton all about the moth
pommie is offline Find More Posts by pommie
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:22 AM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,079 Posts
Had to order one yesterday.Beautiful little tiggy! I can't wait to get it I think I will also have to order the Vampire when it is in stock.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:49 AM
Crimson Swine...
Australia, VIC, Romsey
Joined Jul 2003
230 Posts
Sorry for the cross-post but it looks like Scott is tuning into this one.....

This sold out really quick! When I checked just now there was -8 in backorder.

I was (foolishly, it seems...) holding off until we got word of stock in the satellite warehouses (in particular, Australia). Looks like I waited just a fraction too long!

I posted a question on the HK review page but has anyone (Scott or Anthony if you're listening in...) got any clues/hints/ideas when we might see these in Oz?

Cheers and thanks
Mick
mc411800 is offline Find More Posts by mc411800
Old Aug 21, 2011, 01:26 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
No big deal but surely it's a bit of a stretch putting the Tiger Moth in electric warbirds? True enough it was originally a military trainer but I don't think anyone could accuse it of spending a lot of time in combat The marque's hours as a civil sport/light aircraft in the last 60 odd years must outnumber its military hours by tens of times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Moth

At 36" wing span against the original's 24' it's 1/8 scale if that helps with pilots.

I had started a thread over in scale electric but I'm sure not precious about that so I'll follow this one too. As a matter of interest I ordered mine on Friday morning and apart from the usual order acknowledgement and payment confrmed emails I then got three more emails yesterday reporting on the movement of my order from the JIT warehouse to the front end warehouse ready for packing and shipping. Since I ordered EMS shipping previous experience says delivery to my doorstep by next Friday, i.e, 7 days order to delivery half way round the world, is a possibility but OK I won't be upset if it takes into early the following week.

I could be wrong but I haven't spotted the DH decals on the model. In case they're not there, and for those who feel it's a nice touch to print their own waterslide here are versions to print.
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Aug 21, 2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Added decal
Old Aug 21, 2011, 04:27 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
To be fair, looking at the pictures on the HK website http://www.hobbyking.com/UNITEDHOBBI...12mm_PNF_.html

rather than on the video it does look as though they might be up to speed with the wheeltrims and instrument panels...
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:56 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Wheeltrims and instrument panels are included! Aus warehouse? Don't know yet, A large number have sold already, I am not suprised at all, was flying the Tiggy again yesterday, just lovely. As for it being in the warbirds section.....hmmmm....in my defence, it's a tough call, will Warbird enthusiasts look in "parkfly", "scale" enthisiasts in "warbirds"....and so on.....rock and a hard place!
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:12 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
No big deal but surely it's a bit of a stretch putting the Tiger Moth in electric warbirds? True enough it was originally a military trainer but I don't think anyone could accuse it of spending a lot of time in combat The marque's hours as a civil sport/light aircraft in the last 60 odd years must outnumber its military hours by tens of times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Moth

At 36" wing span against the original's 24' it's 1/8 scale if that helps with pilots.

I had started a thread over in scale electric but I'm sure not precious about that so I'll follow this one too. As a matter of interest I ordered mine on Friday morning and apart from the usual order acknowledgement and payment confrmed emails I then got three more emails yesterday reporting on the movement of my order from the JIT warehouse to the front end warehouse ready for packing and shipping. Since I ordered EMS shipping previous experience says delivery to my doorstep by next Friday, i.e, 7 days order to delivery half way round the world, is a possibility but OK I won't be upset if it takes into early the following week.

I could be wrong but I haven't spotted the DH decals on the model. In case they're not there, and for those who feel it's a nice touch to print their own waterslide here are versions to print.

1/8 scale...that great. The pilots that "foamie4live" is making are 1/8 and with a large open cockpit the detailed figure will be very visible...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de
Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:58 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Warbird/not warbird - what do I care? It seems to be attracting more interest here so I've directed the low traffic on my thread over in Electric Scale to here and closed the thread.

Scott, I'm delighted the first production batch sold out so quick - looks like you're on a winner!