2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Sweet!

Since we're showing paint schemes...

PS. Thanks to Bigfoot. He's the gear guy!
Sweet looking F4 Shunyata I forgot we were talking about the same base color. Mine matches the blue in the stock decals. The Red grew from the tail. I like what you did with the white strips.... very NICE but, no match for the SEXY K car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
Sharp!
But how did you get that pix?
On a string in your shop? Cool Thanks Chris
The world has given us photoshop. You are looking at 2 modified pics together...... you can't believe anything you see anymore. Case in point look at Shunyata's K car with the red tail.......
Posting pics is easy and fun... when you are making a post like I am now, Scroll down the page a wee bit to 'Additional Options' and click 'manage attachments' then select browse and select the pic you want to upload, then choose 'upload' ANd WAIT (this is key) until you see evidence of you completed upload = either the highlighted link or the small pic.... Others can explain it better but that will get you messing around with it. Later, Scootr
I have not figgured out how to post photos yet sorry
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Last edited by scootrb4; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 02:31 AM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr View Post
My feline is a wonderful friend and a really excellent pet. However...she can be mischieveous. When I had my HO railroad layout up and running, she loved to "walk through the town". Sometimes she managed to step around the buildings and everything else without mishap. Other times...well, her nickname quickly became "Catzilla"! Get the picture!

When I got into RC flying a few years ago, my first plane that actually looked like a plane (1st was a Parkzone Vapor which I still have and fly often) was the Micro Citabria. Still love it and fly it, too. Anyway, one day "Catzilla" decided to very gently and neatly sink one tooth into the front right outside corner of the wing 1/2 in. from the edge. Her tooth went clean through!

I filled the hole, and all was well. But you can still see where the hole was repaired. It's become an rather affectionate memento now. But I wasn't impressed the day she took a bite out of my Citabria! I still remind her about it from time to time.

While she may rub against my Wildcat occaisionally, it's a bit big for her to bother, so it stands against the bookshelf faithfully waiting for me to take it out to the park.

Oh the joys of having pets and RC aircraft in the same house!

Tom
Cat won't be touching my cat.
Limited flyer is offline Find More Posts by Limited flyer
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:43 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamp View Post
Sharp!
I have not figgured out how to post photos yet sorry
Here's how
Click "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments" and then browse to where you have stored your photo. Click "Upload" Once all completed you can close that window. You can also add text to each picture and save the change.
For some of my attachments, I use Gadwin Printscreen as this lets you choose the size of the capture area and even lets you capture web images. Just save to a directory called "Screen prints" and go to the file when you want to upload here. Easy to use and it's free! http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Here's an example

Hope this makes sense.
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:55 AM
United States, NJ, Gloucester Township
Joined Jan 2012
136 Posts
Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiemario View Post
I always liked sound that planes makes diving with 2 bladed prop. I just discovered, that with 3 bladed T28 prop, it makes even more wild sound, You just have to take it up higher, and get to higher dive speed. It is wild and loud!! LOVE IT

Which prop are you referring to? I love the two blade dive sound also but would like to try what you did also. How's that prop holding up after your landings.
Buzzcut2239 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzcut2239
Last edited by Buzzcut2239; Apr 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2012
127 Posts
Does anyone know if the Wildcat can handle a 10x8 (PKZ1005) prop without upgrading the ESC?

Thanks.
AirbusDriver is offline Find More Posts by AirbusDriver
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:07 PM
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,396 Posts
get a watt meter to find out for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusDriver View Post
Does anyone know if the Wildcat can handle a 10x8 (PKZ1005) prop without upgrading the ESC?

Thanks.
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:53 PM
"Landing" in a tree somewhere
Rochester, NY
Joined Sep 2009
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusDriver View Post
With the stock motor and esc? I doubt it, Parkzone has the plane pretty near the limit of the esc just with the stock prop. Many people upgrade the esc just to use the T-28's 9.5x7.5 prop. Also it doesn't look like it'd fit.
Rayne is offline Find More Posts by Rayne
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:14 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
Most people get a better esc the same time they get their cat, at least i did anyway. Without a higher rated esc, you can't do much with it prop wise.It has been my experience that bnf s of any type supply the bare minimum esc/batt/ motor.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
My fuse has been delivered, time to get the Cat back in the air! She moves with the Power15!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:17 PM
Limited flyer
Joined Dec 2011
412 Posts
power 15. Very far removed from the bare minimum,
Old Apr 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Yep got a donation from my PZ Jug and the Jug got the Power 25 transplant.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
Sweet looking F4 Shunyata I forgot we were talking about the same base color. Mine matches the blue in the stock decals. The Red grew from the tail. I like what you did with the white strips.... very NICE but, no match for the SEXY K car
Yeah I catch on after a while Nice job!
I still have 35mm film on the shelf, gee that was so much cheaper than 4X5" or 2 1/4".
I am before ubiquitous ball point pens.
By the end of summer I'll get pix out! Chris
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
Old Apr 19, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
Here's how
Click "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments" and then browse to where you have stored your photo. Click "Upload" Once all completed you can close that window. You can also add text to each picture and save the change.
For some of my attachments, I use Gadwin Printscreen as this lets you choose the size of the capture area and even lets you capture web images. Just save to a directory called "Screen prints" and go to the file when you want to upload here. Easy to use and it's free! http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Here's an example

Hope this makes sense.
Andy
Thanks! now how do I print this. I will get it! Chris
Old Apr 19, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
Here's how
Here's an example

Hope this makes sense.
Andy
Again thanks. Here is a try, nada.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrb4 View Post
3rd time the charm?
Yikes! Me wife came to the rescue. My file size was too big. Bumped me off group.
But some how there it is. Not were intended and sans prop. 11X5.5 w/pwr 10 to be tried.
Note the tape on leading edge, it helps save the wing. But just a short distance out, it does not help the visual impact. Thanks Chris