Oh very nice (and very big!).
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:55 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,507 Posts
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:12 AM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
This model is from a friend's information to products it in our factory , but this friend are plan to Vertical lift off ! that why we are do this type . so i must follow him to complete it . Maybe he can success the vertical lift off system in the future .
kin is online now Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,507 Posts
He may need one of these!
Don't forget the F-35B has a single front intake hatch that opens rearward.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Any word on the f-15??
sikky is online now Find More Posts by sikky
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,326 Posts
It should be after the F-20 . but the f-14 twins 90mm are completed the 3-D drawing , so maybe is F-14 and than F-15 .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
Sollentuna,Sweden
Joined Sep 2000
434 Posts
Finally, I've been looking a long time for a F-14 twin 90mm.
Watching with interest.
Mikael is offline Find More Posts by Mikael
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:33 PM
www.turbofanelectrics.com
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2002
853 Posts
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
TurboFanElectric is offline Find More Posts by TurboFanElectric
Old Nov 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,718 Posts
Interesting
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:58 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colito925 View Post
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
yes! sure make it sweep wing , it is the main point of this model , if the wing not moving , i have no interesting to build a (fix) wing model F-14 ! The moving mechanic have a completed concept . so it not so diffcult .just need a little electronic thing . it is no problem for me .it must easy than my ep retractable gear .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
kin
Composite factory
Joined Sep 2007
3,326 Posts
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:44 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
That sounds great, about time some bigger 90mm models came out, make sure you can fit plenty of battery into it
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Nov 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
And of course you will build it around your electronic retracts right?
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:11 PM
Global Hobby Store
Brisbane
Joined Jan 2007
1,116 Posts
Kin,
Will be intersting to see how it handles with the moving COG as the geomety of the wing changes.. This has caused delays with a foamy version that's been in the works for a while.. I beleive its been sorted now though..

Rob
rorrock is offline Find More Posts by rorrock
Old Nov 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,756 Posts
Starmax's foam F14 suffered from undersize intakes and fans too small to provide enough power for the size of the model. The swept wings only required a little mix in the elevator and the model actually flies quite well with a half decent power system.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC