Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,791 Posts
Question
PKZ1039 - the burning question for 2012

Will 2012 be the year that someone at Horizon Hobbies or Parkzone finally realises that people are much more likely to need new self adhesive hook tape - to hold their newly purchased micro batteries in place than new self adhesive loop tape because you very rarely need to replace the loop tape. So that instead of selling their (in any case outrageously expensive, at least in the UK) Part # PKZ1039 micro hook and loop tape in a packet of five pieces each they change to including, shall we say, 10 or 15 pieces of hook with the standard five pieces of loop?
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:02 AM
Find More Posts by traitorhound
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard View Post
Will 2012 be the year that someone at Horizon Hobbies or Parkzone finally realises that people are much more likely to need new self adhesive hook tape - to hold their newly purchased micro batteries in place than new self adhesive loop tape because you very rarely need to replace the loop tape. So that instead of selling their (in any case outrageously expensive, at least in the UK) Part # PKZ1039 micro hook and loop tape in a packet of five pieces each they change to including, shall we say, 10 or 15 pieces of hook with the standard five pieces of loop?
I just buy industrial strength velcro at the local craft store that has similar sized hooks for a few dollars for a couple feet of it. It would probably be far cheaper than buying it from the LHS.
traitorhound is offline Find More Posts by traitorhound
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:01 AM
Find More Posts by richos
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Im with you Roger ! Look what the Postman delivered. Two packs of PKZ1039 for my extra miniaviation lipos.

5 Loops and 5 hooks Whats the s%d&*g point of that?

Logic says 2 lenths of Hooks and 15 small lenths of loops.

Huum Im of to get my ruler.

Holy cr$% 270mm of Hook and only 80mm of Loop me and Roger only wanted some Loop to stick on our Lipo's.

Hang on so what's happened to the 190mm of Loop.

Come on Horizon Hobbies give me and Roger our 190mm or 10 small lenths of loop .
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:54 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,791 Posts
Thank you richos

I can buy 1 metre of 16mm self adhesive hook and loop (that's more than a yard of 3/4" for our imperial measurement friend) for just over $2 including shipping on eBay which leaves me thinking that PZ must be making a pretty penny or two. I don't mind that but like richo says, please can I have the other 190 mm of loop!

I use the "normal" stuff on my larger models, and in truth I've taken to cutting bits 16x6mm off the normal hook tape for my micro lipos but its bulkier than using the micro hook and anyway I just think someone at PZ wants to wake up, smell the coffee and put their brain in gear. The present marketing/packaging is plain silly and is in danger of being seen as a customer rip-off.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:41 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
Or, instead of spending your time pissing an moaning about it, you could just:
Aha - a graduate of the school of discourteous opinions.

One of the great things about RCG is that you do pick up great ideas. Here we have a good idea but delivered with the kick in the nuts approach.

Me, I think that a light-hearted approach is more likely to get a positive response from PZ/HH but that may be why my style escaped you.

I very much doubt that the distribution of micro velcro is remotely close to the top of the priority list with either PZ/HH or me, but it seemed no bad thing to give them a nudge about something that doesn't really stand logical scrutiny.

And given the absence of micro hook tape I'll go with my use of the heavier duty stuff than your shrink sleeve, but OK ...it's an idea.

Thank you for most of your input
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:19 AM
Find More Posts by richos
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Aha - a graduate of the school of discourteous opinions. (Quote)

Roger i to am a graduate and a fully rounded human being, with a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the comprehensive school of getting the sht kicked out of me behind the bike sheds.

Come on Roger let's go to Horizon Hobbies UK HQ, and kick them in the nuts and demand our 190mm-10 small lenths of loop. (Only Joking)

'Tis the season to be jolly,: Fa la la la la la la la la......

Peace on earth and good will to all men,: Fa la la la la la la la la......

Happy new year guys, and may your God go with you....
richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by norm613
Joined Apr 2007
144 Posts
If you buy some velcro "wafer thin fasteners" at the local wal-mart you get 48 oversize sets that can be cut into halves or thirds and still be big enough, and have plenty to hand out at the indoors. I think it is $7.99, but very inexpensive in comparison...
norm613 is offline Find More Posts by norm613
Old Jan 01, 2012, 02:05 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norm613 View Post
If you buy some velcro "wafer thin fasteners" at the local wal-mart you get 48 oversize sets that can be cut into halves or thirds and still be big enough, and have plenty to hand out at the indoors. I think it is $7.99, but very inexpensive in comparison...
Great input - thank you. Here's a typical link for the product on your side of the pond, but if you google "wafer thin ovals" there are others

http://www.midwestscrapbook.com/velc...-40-pkg-white/

Can't find them so far for less than about three times that much in the UK but I'm on the hunt and there is a solution. Thanks again
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by Digital Don
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
901 Posts
Hey Tim,

Great minds think alike!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
Hey Tim,

Great minds think alike!

Don
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2015, 04:39 PM
Find More Posts by udlman
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2009
94 Posts
Bringing up an old post, but I have just found these guys.

http://miniaviation.com/hook_and_loop.html
udlman is offline Find More Posts by udlman