SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM
Find More Posts by HSPalm
Joined May 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
Some parts of the board have residue of hot glue. I detected no shorts between vcc, gnd and signal outputs.

It is flashed correctly again and again. Still, doesn't seem to communicate with the TX.
You seem to have teared off some copper on pads surrounding the holes for the header pins. Although the pin holes them self are not in use, they can be used as vias or just interconnecting other parts on the same layer. I'm not familiar with the layout on this board in detail, but it sounds like you somehow disabled the RFM22 module. If you connect it with an ftdi to your computer and try to configure it with the configurator, does it give you the warning that it seems you are trying to configure a rx directly with a cable? (which confirms connection between PC and mcu). Then you can try to flash it with TX code and maybe try out the spectrum analyzer or something to see if the MCU talks to the RFM22.
HSPalm is offline Find More Posts by HSPalm
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by changosurf
Joined Aug 2011
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmavr8 View Post
I guess the tester firmware is only for Tx modules (a comment says so)
what comment are you referring to?

The tester should work with the RFM22B RX, just set the HW type to 3 within the sketch. Try that, run the tester, and see what happens. Go ahead & re-burn the bootloader while you're at it.

FYI, there's a super easy way to remove the output pins that I use myself & that doesn't risk damaging the pads or board (I have replaced all of the straight pins on my oranges for side pins). How did you go about trying to remove yours?
changosurf is offline Find More Posts by changosurf
Last edited by changosurf; Yesterday at 06:30 PM.