New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2015, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by jrd210
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
38 Posts
@Pylonboy Just curious which Tx do you use and hope did you program the two ailerons?? I am doing it on the 9503 by mating the Aileron to the Gear/Flap switch ( I have hell version of 9503 which had Gear instead of Flaps).
jrd210 is offline Find More Posts by jrd210
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2015, 05:19 PM
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
38 Posts
Plane all ready to go, and won't be using 2 into one aileron connectors, especially now I see how easy ti is to program on the 9503.
Last edited by jrd210; Apr 09, 2015 at 08:30 PM. Reason: had incorrectly added that I thought the ESC had died, it was another plane, but then this did fry just after this!!
Old Apr 06, 2015, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd210 View Post
@kohersh--Yup I agree, it just happened to be what I had at hand when I first installed it. But now I am working on the Ar7000 and no stabilizers but with the Heli version of the 9503 that I have it is hard to identify which Aux one needs to "Mate" the Aileron to to get dual servos working in opposite directions. So I have to play around with the 7000 a little more. I have used the Orange Stabilizers in a HK Slowstick with good results but the VisionAire I have with AS3X is far supers of course. (cost wise too).
The helicopter version of the 9503 is the same as the airplane version in terms of how it works. The only difference is the location of switches.

Use the servo monitor screen to figure out which channels are affected by which sticks. Should make it obvious which channel the second servo is on.

This plane does not need to be stabilized. I seriously doubt it would make it better and may actually make it worse.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Apr 09, 2015, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by aerofundan
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,713 Posts
Save 15% online this weekend!

Place your order online and use coupon code Toledo15 to save 15% Valid from 10th to 12th of April

For more info visit: http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/p..._id=51&set=USA
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2015, 03:51 PM
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
38 Posts
@Jasmine2501 yes I realize the 9503 is the same either way but with different locations, I started flying helicopters and then switched to planes so should have bought the plane one first--but as you say no real difference. Installing the stabilizer was simply what came to hand at the time, it now has an AR 7000 and that seems to be fine, I had mistakenly put in the last note that I put a HobbyKing ESC in my ADX but it was in the VisionAire, but on my maiden flight today in the ADX with original IPAS supplied Quantum 45A ESC I had a motor shutdown with a peculiar motor rattle (intermittent) and deadsticked in.
Subsequent involved new battery (same result), rebinding (same result) Checked all cables back to esc and actually desoldered Deans connector on the Esc to battery connector. Still doing the same. On connecting battery I mostly get no connection at all and then on some the receiver is fine and all control surfaces respond but no motor at all, and then occasionally I get intermittent "kicks" from the motor even on zero throttle.
Have written to PA for ideas, my gut feeling is a bad ESC. But I am always willing to listen to any ideas anyone lease has. I will try another ESC in--just have to do some soldering and fit one up (it will only be a 25A test one)

Any thoughts.???
Old Apr 09, 2015, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
The flying snake
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Sep 2013
1,261 Posts
Quote:
@Jasmine2501 yes I realize the 9503 is the same either way but with different locations, I started flying helicopters and then switched to planes so should have bought the plane one first--but as you say no real difference. Installing the stabilizer was simply what came to hand at the time, it now has an AR 7000 and that seems to be fine, I had mistakenly put in the last note that I put a HobbyKing ESC in my ADX but it was in the VisionAire, but on my maiden flight today in the ADX with original IPAS supplied Quantum 45A ESC I had a motor shutdown with a peculiar motor rattle (intermittent) and deadsticked in.
Subsequent involved new battery (same result), rebinding (same result) Checked all cables back to esc and actually desoldered Deans connector on the Esc to battery connector. Still doing the same. On connecting battery I mostly get no connection at all and then on some the receiver is fine and all control surfaces respond but no motor at all, and then occasionally I get intermittent "kicks" from the motor even on zero throttle.
Have written to PA for ideas, my gut feeling is a bad ESC. But I am always willing to listen to any ideas anyone lease has. I will try another ESC in--just have to do some soldering and fit one up (it will only be a 25A test one)

Any thoughts.???
Did you calibrate your esc to your reciever/radio like the thrust instructions say?
Grandpa strap is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa strap
Old Apr 09, 2015, 06:33 PM
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
38 Posts
Yes but not initially I did try it today after the problem was seen, but I will try that again. But it is such a simple initialization that it is basically Tx on, throttle and trim min, (presumably seats safe loss ) Throttle travel at 100% , no throttle curves and connect up with throttle trim setting until motor spins and then adjust down a few clicks, I did that again today but with no improvement.
Old Apr 09, 2015, 08:17 PM
Nelson BC
Joined Mar 2009
38 Posts
Ah well went back and reprogrammed ESC and as I was doing it motor burned up!! ESC never did get reprogrammed. So I think ESC was shot, talking to PA about this as it was plane's first flight.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,583 Posts
Quote:

Any thoughts.???
I've had very good luck running the Thrust 40 and 50 using Castle ICE speed controllers, but you can't get those any more, and the ones which replaced the ICE are a little more expensive (they are better, but pricey).

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...enix-edge.html

Sounds like you've got some bad solder joints though. I would check for that before spending any money.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by sbux12
United States, FL, Hialeah
Joined Mar 2015
7 Posts
Hey everyone. Quick question is there a lot of soldering needed when using the iPa drive system? Haven't done much soldering myself. Usually just plug it in thanks
sbux12 is offline Find More Posts by sbux12
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by camoy
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
2,502 Posts
You will need to solder the type of battery connector you will need for your batteries. The ESC should have the bullets on it that match the Thrust motor bullets.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member