SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:48 PM
United States, MO, Stockton
Joined Oct 2013
611 Posts
sporty

Quote:
Originally Posted by John38 View Post
and in addition to Sundancers tip, I read of another tip which I put to good use - when soldering, have the male and female plugged together - it disperses the heat away from the plastic better and avoids any heat distortion and gives you more to hold onto if you dont have a soldering jig/clamp

john
yes I know that one for deans as well I'll have to give them a try since they're on all the batteries I'll be buying
slam555 is offline Find More Posts by slam555
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:39 PM
Lookin' up at the centerline
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Joined Feb 2005
2,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
addition to being feather light costs less than 6 dollars, but unfortunately my attempts to order a dozen have been frustrated
That's too bad!
I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I come across anyone else handling them.
I'm sure you already know, but just in case, watch those antennae connections, they break easy, I've got three of them and before using big heat shrink on that end of the board, I was constantly re-soldering them.

Nick
taildragger1589 is online now Find More Posts by taildragger1589
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2014, 11:11 PM
Since 1952
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Oct 2004
1,270 Posts
I've had 100% success with those Lemons for over a year, and they're all I use now - for everything.

But as you say, TD, those antenna connections are a bit of a joke. The first thing I do after taking one out of the bag is bend them in the orientation I want (at right angles to each other) and put a good sized blob of E-6000 on each of them where they join the board. I've never had a problem with the antennas after doing that.

E-6000, for those who don't know, is similar to silicone caulk but without the acetic acid (vinegar) that does bad things to circuit boards. No doubt there are other caulks that would work just as well, and also other ways of fixing the antenna issue. Well worth the slight hassle, because those are excellent receivers.
Harry D is offline Find More Posts by Harry D
Old Aug 10, 2014, 03:14 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,651 Posts
How about a progress report Sky Jiver? Only 4.1/2 months to go now!!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 14, 2014, 02:43 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Man
Joined Jul 2012
272 Posts
Power pack progress?

Hello Campers.
Well its been a while but things are picking up , formers F1 and F2 have been screwed and glued firmly to the front bulkhead making sure that the undercarriage legs can slip between them but be a tight fit.
The power pack has been redesigned and built in hand, instead of having the motor on a beam with a removable cowl arround it the new design has 3/16" sheet sides with the motor on the same beam BUT mounted between the sides. The prop possition has been moved 1.00" further forward than in 1950 so as to get the C of G in the rite possition without recourse to lead in the nose but we shall see. The new heavier 1300 batteries will fit just aft of the motor beam with the ESC behind them.
I have decided to scrap the stringers and formers under the aft fuselage since the tissue covering would be prown to damage and have replaced them with 1/16" sheet across the bottom stringers, this will spoil the side view but c'est la vie.
Well thats all for now, of on holiday but will connect up the power pack on return. KBO.
Sky Jiver is offline Find More Posts by Sky Jiver
Old Aug 15, 2014, 08:50 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,550 Posts
Glad to see it moving on again, Brian...... MiniBlink is still chuntering on about Gladys you know!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:17 PM
Joined Jul 2012
272 Posts
You know what girls are like Blink, always keep a good guy waiting. KBO....More news soon!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 03:04 PM
Joined Jul 2012
272 Posts
A tight squeeze

Well Gladys has been trying out her quarters which are turning out to be a bit cramped, she has to turn sideways to get in and thats before the instruments etc have been fitted. The good news is there should be pleanty of room for the 1300 Battery and ESC in the space aft of the motor but thats not realy interesting to a poor girl.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 09:44 PM
Joined Oct 2013
611 Posts
sporty

looks great keep ongoing
Old Sep 17, 2014, 03:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
272 Posts
Planking the sides.

At last I am planking the front fuselage, hope it doesnt add too much weight. Also I have changed my idea of placing the ESC and Battery. The ESC was to have been stuck inside the fuseelage with the two wires poking out but on seeing the volume created by the extended nose there will be lots of room for both ESC and Battery and a chance to move the battery forward and back for trim changes. Next job hinge the flying surfaes and assemble for a snap and weight check. KBO
Old Sep 17, 2014, 05:37 PM
Joined Oct 2013
611 Posts
sporty

looks good almost their nice motor set up keep on truckin sam
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:04 AM
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
2,785 Posts