How can i like that

quote picture:http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-2-x-3s3300mah
pisagor is offline Find More Posts by pisagor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 10:05 AM
United States, OR, Independence
Joined Feb 2008
1,288 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking, but if you want to know how to embed the carbon rods like the ones shown, short of there being holes already there, you can slice the foam down to the same depth and shove the rods in, then glue them in with your choice of glue. I like hot glue for this.

jim
Bing44 is offline Find More Posts by Bing44
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:24 PM
FPV!
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
I want to ask how can i pierce my wing as the photo. I cut the wing and i want to pierce for the carbon roads .
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:01 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,785 Posts
Its top secret!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:51 PM
FPV!
Joined Feb 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
Its top secret!
okay I'm gonna find my own method.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:47 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisagor View Post
okay I'm gonna find my own method.
Try asking in the builders workshop,sure you'll get all the advice you need.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:52 AM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
884 Posts
The optimal place for the carbon is along the top and bottom at the surface of the wing on the high point - not through the centre.
Running parallel to the leading edge from root to tip and joining the wing with a glass fibre wrap band.
Chases for the 1.5mm rods can be sanded, then place a thin line of polyurethane in the dampened chase and cover with a layer of tape to limit foaming, or use epoxy resin. A fibre reinforced tape or carbon ribbon spar can be used top and bottom to similar effect.
Rusty Nail is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Old Jan 18, 2013, 08:04 AM
Canada, BC, Fort St. John
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
carbon rod not a good choice

carbon rods will not give you any flex resistance use flats ether into slits top and bottom or ribons top and bottom i like full spars made out of flats placed at full cord running the full length of the panels and one across the rear where you have your rods nice cut on the foam
good luck

Dave
fliteline dave is offline Find More Posts by fliteline dave
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:01 PM
Rusty
Auckland, New Zealand
Joined Feb 2006
884 Posts
Dave, 1.5mm rods are used in many Discus Launched Glider wings because they are cheap and quick to use. These are amongst the most stressed and thinnest wings in the model world!
Slits (or webs) will not give required bending strength unless very thick, it is the flanges of the I beam that generate the strength, the web should only hold them apart. The foam is usually enough for this, although weblets are sometimes used in light foam.
Rusty Nail is online now Find More Posts by Rusty Nail
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:57 PM
Canada, BC, Fort St. John
Joined Jan 2011
162 Posts
EPP foam sucks as a separator for carbon and does not come close to webbing used when building free flight wings to separate the carbon foam is to soft your rods will bend the foam and will give you flex in your build that's just how it is i like solid carbon spars 12mm x 1mm 0 flex period a little bi directional tape sheet with new stuff no twist simple

this is how i build you may try whatever you like i was just giving you my opinion as your method was how i have built in the past and was unhappy with flex the result was that i went with solid spars they just work better
Good luck
KISS
Dave

Name: wing 001.jpg
Views: 29
Size: 252.8 KB
Description: slice the foam through where you want a spar glue back together simple 0 flex
fliteline dave is offline Find More Posts by fliteline dave
Last edited by fliteline dave; Jan 23, 2013 at 05:09 PM.