SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:44 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Mar 2006
366 Posts
Discussion
thinking of having another go

Its been a while since I did some FPV, I built up a nice Voyager which flew like a dream once, but the good old FM link started to failsafe about 150m away from me and it didn't end up too pretty.

I've finally glued the foamy back together (not that bad really) but I don't know where to start to look for the mhz interference culprit.

Could it be the big SBEC powering everything, or maybe the Tx or Cam need a seperate battery ?

The easystar was a dream and I should have left it at that, now with 2 kids and a dog I hardly get a chance to work on and test stuff properly but Im hoping I can get the voyager flying again as its just such an awesome beast.

Equip:

Twin brushless with 8/12A SBEC
Futaba full range Rx
EzOSD & GPS
500mW Immersion 2.4 TX
And that Bevrc 480 Cam with the buttons on the back.

All wiring is twisted and neat, but something was hammering the 36 FM.

I should point out that when it went failsafe it was still showing a decent RSSI
gt35r is offline Find More Posts by gt35r
to remove ads between posts